[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like no Barba or Milford for next year

Haha Righto mate. I guess that would be true if you only read the media you want and ignore the thousands of articles that say otherwise. Milford ill give you the jury is out; as with barba why do you think the dogs are looking at any player that has even thought of playing fullback?

Troll elsewhere

Furner really is just a dick, completely unprofessional. I mean look at whites comment about what was said on the phone call "it's confidential and I won't be discussing it. He could have told the truth that Donny called him a poo poo head and then cried for 30 minutes, but he didn't, class act.

Not sure if its due to the poor Qld education system or just can't read through the tears but it wasn't White saying it was confidential it was Furner

Haha Righto mate. I guess that would be true if you only read the media you want and ignore the thousands of articles that say otherwise. Milford ill give you the jury is out; as with barba why do you think the dogs are looking at any player that has even thought of playing fullback?

Troll elsewhere
My guess is they'll release Barba if can find a quality replacement but so far they haven't been able to

You may be right Bushie, but it is a risky play by Furner. If Tony genuinely wants to move back here for whatever reason, the likelihood is that we will sign him in November for 2015 and thereafter. So the raiders will spend 2014 further developing a player for us. The added risk is that you will have a disgruntled player on your hands because of the club's failure to honour the clause in the contract. That could impact both on Milf's form & the team dynamic.

Last edited:
My guess is they'll release Barba if can find a quality replacement but so far they haven't been able to

Yeah, this. I've always been more confident about Barba coming. As they were saying on one of the league shows the other night (360?) the language from the Dogs has changed. Certainly doesn't mean they're losing him but it makes it more and more likely.

I think Milford staying/going will come down largely to the off season....as it should.

You may be right Bushie, but it is a risky play by Furner. If Tony genuinely wants to move back here for whatever reason, the likelihood is that we will sign him in November for 2015 and thereafter. So the raiders will spend 2014 further developing a player for us. The added risk is that you will have a disgruntled player on your hands because of the club's failure to honour the clause in the contract. That could impact both on Milf's form & the team dynamic.
Or his money hungry manager has the choice of a pitiful wage next year or a significant long term upgrade, knowing the way managers work that's a no brainer

I don't really care about Milford but I just want him to piss off the raiders and their butt hurt fans.

Or his money hungry manager has the choice of a pitiful wage next year or a significant long term upgrade, knowing the way managers work that's a no brainer
As I said it comes dow to what is motivating this. You and the the other posters On the greenhouse (hi Walt) seem to assume it is just about money. If it is, then the way Furnet is playing it is spot on. If it is not just about money, then he & the raiders mafy have the problems I notedin my preious post.

I really don't care if we end up getting Milford or not. I just hate all this rumour and maybe shit that has been going on. Same goes with Barba. So over it. Pretty pathetic when our Club is desperate enough to need players to have personal issues to get them to leave their current club and head to ours.

I have never known a club like the Broncos to have complications with signing or losing players. We lost four high profile players to rival codes, unheard of, lost a key potential signing due to a rain storm and now this.

I have never known a club like the Broncos to have complications with signing or losing players. We lost four high profile players to rival codes, unheard of, lost a key potential signing due to a rain storm and now this.

Surely you don't believe that...

The only storm was Gee storming off when his latte came with 3 spoons of sugar instead of 2 during his last interview with GI.

It's amazing, one article from most likely the most biased source possible in this matter and apparently it's confirmed his not coming... Christ

it's amazing old Don can talk with his head in the sand.

"Anthony is very much in our long-term plans. We are keen to start talking about a new deal, but his manager has told us that he wants to put it off until the end of the season.

No Don, Ayoub refutes ever being in negotiations for an extension and Milford doesn't want one, hence asking for a release.

"Anthony has a contract with us for next year, he is happy here, and through no fault of ours we have had our club dragged into this continual speculation, which is both destabilising and damaging to our club

HE ASKED FOR A RELEASE DON!

It's amazing, one article from most likely the most biased source possible in this matter and apparently it's confirmed his not coming... Christ
Think the CM owning the Broncs makes them a tad more biased wouldn't you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.