[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milford named at halfback this week. I wonder why the Raiders are doing this?

1. Barba
2. Kahu/Oates/Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hoffman/Oates
5. Copley/Kahu/Oates
6. Milford
7. Hunt

Milford/Hunt is a killer combination, IF, Hunt can get his shit together. There's no doubt the kid has the skills - We've seen him do some amazing stuff, but he needs to come through in the clutch like Lockyer, work on his kicking game and his fitness. I really wish the Broncos would hire Lockyer in a mentor type role for our young halves.

Hunt to organise, hit holes and mostly kick. Milford to play a more running type role and link in with Barba in the backline.

I'm getting movement in my pants...

Last edited:
Maybe you should scratch...

I doubt Milford is coming next year. If he doesn't I can see Barba or Hoffman in the halves. That thought frightens the crap out of me TBH. I'd prefer they throw Strasser in the 6.

IMO, Hoffman would be fine at 5/8, IF Barba is Fullback...

Nah, I disagree. You really need at least 3 these days, unless one of them is someone like Lockyer. And both Barba and Hunt are far from Lockyer's level of playmaking.

Nah, I disagree. You really need at least 3 these days, unless one of them is someone like Lockyer. And both Barba and Hunt are far from Lockyer's level of playmaking.

Fair call. Can't wait to find out :D

Yeah no mate I disagree. Hoffy is a dynamic ball runner. He has no place in the halves because his ball playing ability is very limited.

As I said in another thread, I really don't like our chances of getting Milford, the coach has basically put him ahead of McCrone in the halves, which I'm sure is what Anthony wanted, he'll be staying.

Whilst I totally agree with what you say ... there was a time when Lockyer himself was far from "Lockyer's level of playmaking" and he copped a fair bit of flack from a few quarters ... "time" is the operative word here.

As I said in another thread, I really don't like our chances of getting Milford, the coach has basically put him ahead of McCrone in the halves, which I'm sure is what Anthony wanted, he'll be staying.

But it's not about what position he plays, it's about where he is on the map.

He can come here and play 5/8 too and be much happier (closer to his dad) which is what he's after isn't he ??

But it's not about what position he plays, it's about where he is on the map.

He can come here and play 5/8 too and be much happier (closer to his dad) which is what he's after isn't he ??

Allegedly he wants to be closer to his family, but if he's first priority Halfback and they offer him big money to re-sign, I think he'll suddenly be less homesick.

Allegedly he wants to be closer to his family, but if he's first priority Halfback and they offer him big money to re-sign, I think he'll suddenly be less homesick.

Which doesn't necessarily make him a liar. It might just mean not being able to spend more time with his father wasn't worth scraps and a bench position.

I was under the belief that clubs couldn't talk to players under contract elsewhere without their current clubs permission. Yet this line is in the Anti-tampering explanations straight from the NRL website:
There is no rule to prevent clubs talking to players at any time. There is an acceptance that nobody likes to see players negotiating with a new team but there is also the reality that players in the game do change clubs and that those discussions can take place over an extended period.

NRL Salary Cap - NRL.com

So, bad look but legally OK?

Which doesn't necessarily make him a liar. It might just mean not being able to spend more time with his father wasn't worth scraps and a bench position.

Didn't realise you could put a price on wanting to be with your ill father.. If he genuinely wanted to be with him, he'd be here already, whether Raiders liked it or not.

He can do the same thing here with us .....AND be close to his DAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • FACTHUNT
  • mrtij
  • Allo
  • cento
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Aldo
  • Nerd
  • phoenix
  • Astro
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • Gaz
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Big Del
  • Johnny92
  • theshed
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.