[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard on the radio that Milford could be off to Titans. Was a Gc radio station

Hmm, Titans are always going to be a thorn in our side in these situations.

Wonder if we knocked back his 150k asking price?:winky:

Hmm, Titans are always going to be a thorn in our side in these situations.

Wonder if we knocked back his 150k asking price?:winky:

Maybe we shoukd give him 700k because he thinks he is worth it..

Probably best to sign no one. We already have a premiership force on the books

Yeah, the best option is to wait until there is a half on the market in a few years, we will pounce like ninjas. (as long as he doesnt ask too much)

Yeah, the best option is to wait until there is a half on the market in a few years, we will pounce like ninjas. (as long as he doesnt ask too much)

See you are missing the point. Paying too much for a player has a domino effect on the rest of the squad in a tonne of different ways.

See you are missing the point. Paying too much for a player has a domino effect on the rest of the squad in a tonne of different ways.

No, you are missing the point, my opinion is that it is not too much.

I dont know if you have noticed but we are no longer an on field powerhouse.

I'm curious as to what you think the correct amount for Barba? To help you with your answer here is our current backline for next year:

Hoffman, Kahu, Reed, Copely, Maranta/Oates.

If you think Barba is worth 500k?? Wouldnt the extra approx 200k under the cap still be worth it?

Maybe if you think Barba is really only worth 350k which is along the lines of Jack Reed money then we can agree to disagree.

Paying too much for a player has a domino effect on the rest of the squad in a tonne of different ways.

Doesnt seem to have screwed the Storm up the last few years with their big 3.

And the Roosters, no one wants to play with SBW on the coin he is on!!

I think that is an easy excuse and a sign of poor management/culture and i dont think it applies to the Broncos. Every workplace has people who feel undervalued monetary wise and see other people paid more, its no different in League, the trick is managing it.

ANTHONY Milford is set to reject Andrew Dunemann's appeal to stay in Canberra, with the Raiders sensation determined to obtain a release to return to Brisbane next season.

The development comes as it emerged Milford will likely be required to supply medical reports that prove his father Halo’s health has deteriorated sufficiently to warrant an immediate release.

Dunemann was appointed Canberra’s caretaker last Tuesday and one of his first tasks was holding emergency talks with Milford in an eleventh-hour bid to keep him at the club in 2014.

Dunemann is one of Milford’s most trusted authority figures in Canberra, coaching the whizkid during the Raiders’ charge to the under-20s grand final last season.

But ahead of Dunemann’s NRL coaching debut against Manly on Sunday, it appears his “father-son” relationship with Milford won’t be enough to keep the 19-year-old in the nation’s capital.

Milford’s manager Sam Ayoub says David Furner’s sacking has no influence on the family-related reasons driving the young gun’s desire to quit the club at season’s end.

“It’s true that Andrew (Dunemann) did coach Anthony, but Anthony had an absolutely great relationship with David Furner,” Ayoub said Saturday.

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

I'm sure that if Milford is able to provide medical reports demonstrating that his father has deteriorated (or that his health meets the requirements to grant the get out clause), they guys over at GH will claim that the doctor that provided them is the biggest Broncos fan you have ever seen, that he is Paul Whites personal doctor, that he is being paid off by the Broncos or some other conspiracy that says the doctor can't be trusted and the reports are fake!

:001_rolleyes:

I'm sure that if Milford is able to provide medical reports demonstrating that his father has deteriorated (or that his health meets the requirements to grant the get out clause), they guys over at GH will claim that the doctor that provided them is the biggest Broncos fan you have ever seen, that he is Paul Whites personal doctor, that he is being paid off by the Broncos or some other conspiracy that says the doctor can't be trusted and the reports are fake!

:001_rolleyes:

3rdzjf.jpg

Did anyone watch the Raiders game today? I'm stuck at work... I know the Raiders got pumped, but how did Milford go at 5/8?

Did anyone watch the Raiders game today? I'm stuck at work... I know the Raiders got pumped, but how did Milford go at 5/8?

In a beaten team he was one of the standouts. Created opportunities behind a beaten pack, scored a brilliant solo try and came up with some good tackles, we might have an underrated tough guy here.

Pretty much agree with that Bman. In a beaten side Milford was doing some good things.

As far 5/8's go, I see plenty of potential. Great 40/20 kick and a couple of nice moves with the ball, plus the usual individual brilliance.

Front on defence was rock solid.

I think he got better as the game wore on and he took more of the control away from McCrone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• OnToSomething
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Pablo
  • heartly87
  • Sproj
  • Griffo
  • Astro
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.