[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't realise you could put a price on wanting to be with your ill father.. If he genuinely wanted to be with him, he'd be here already, whether Raiders liked it or not.
Of course you can. If you're getting paid a fortune and your career looks like its going to take off you would be more accepting of the fact that you have to fly to visit your sick father instead of living next door to him. You wouldn't completely give up you future to spend every waking moment with him.

But if you were barely cracking first grade and getting paid peanuts, you would chose more time with dad.

Milford named at halfback this week. I wonder why the Raiders are doing this?
Ignore the numbers when Campo's playing he's basically the halfback with the number 6 on his back, he's the main ball player and organiser

It seems to me that he comes from a very strong family structure. I know rare these days. Goes along way to explain his respectful nature. I reckon his dad has said "son it's time to come home". Ultimately this will carry a lot of weight. Once he gets to the Bronc's settles and plays great footy all of this will be a distant memory. We talking about Canberra FFS.

Of course you can. If you're getting paid a fortune and your career looks like its going to take off you would be more accepting of the fact that you have to fly to visit your sick father instead of living next door to him. You wouldn't completely give up you future to spend every waking moment with him.

But if you were barely cracking first grade and getting paid peanuts, you would chose more time with dad.
Tend to agree, if say the Raiders offer him an extra $200k than the Broncos do his family will be better set up and they can fly down anytime they like. No idea which ways it's going to end up but IMO it will have a major bearing on both teams 2014 season, his first full game at 5/8 was a lot better than I expected, better passing and kicking plus hs 1 on 1 bell ringer on Lawrence was a beautiful sight

I was under the belief that clubs couldn't talk to players under contract elsewhere without their current clubs permission. Yet this line is in the Anti-tampering explanations straight from the NRL website:

NRL Salary Cap - NRL.com

So, bad look but legally OK?
The manager can always talk to the club, it's just that the club can't go trying to lure a player currently under contract. At least that's how I understand it.

The manager can always talk to the club, it's just that the club can't go trying to lure a player currently under contract. At least that's how I understand it.

Which is where being owned by News LTD comes in very handy

But the direct quote is "There is no rule to prevent clubs talking to players at any time". That's pretty unambiguous.

Blake Ferguson caught speeding, driving without a license. Get out of there Tony!

Blake Ferguson caught speeding, driving without a license. Get out of there Tony!

and I think along with his Fathers failing health, this type of shit going on at Canberra is what's driving Milford and his family's pleads to allow Anthony to come home.

I'd hazard a guess that the Milford's would lean on the conservative side and hearing about various Canberra players constant appalling behaviour would be extremely worrying for them

and I think along with his Fathers failing health, this type of **** going on at Canberra is what's driving Milford and his family's pleads to allow Anthony to come home.

I'd hazard a guess that the Milford's would lean on the conservative side and hearing about various Canberra players constant appalling behaviour would be extremely worrying for them

Indeed.

and now add drug trafficker Sandor Earl to the growing list of shitcunts at the Raiders......

Run Anthony run .....!!!!!

It seems that this 2nd tier salary cap is a bit silly

Yeah I thought the same with this Brooks kid from the Tigers......seems stupid.

What's the go with this 2nd tier cap, I don't know much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • mrtij
  • Allo
  • cento
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Aldo
  • Nerd
  • phoenix
  • Astro
  • broncoscope
  • Gaz
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.