[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know what to say to this. He has shown nothing to suggest he can't handle the limelight, he seems to be a fantastic talent that is down to earth with a good head on his shoulders. He seems the opposite of corey norman. So what do you suggest sign no one because they may not live up to your lofty heights.

As for your comments about broncos fans being fickle to me thats a load of paper garbage that journos love to push out. If they were a 'fickly bunch' after the last 2 years we would have about 2000 at each home game tops.

No offence but to me this is pessimism for the sake of pessimism

It's not pessimism for the sake of pessimism. He's 19.

Plenty of young blokes shine at junior level because they are EXACTLY the Anthony Milford mould.

They fail because first grade is 95% of the time controlling field position through careful playmaking and a good kicking game and picking the correct time to make your move. You might get 3 opportunities in a tight game, 1.5 of which are marginal and gonna make you look like a dud if you try them on (see Corey Norman's body of work over the past 4 seasons).

The rest of the time you're expected to put tackle the biggest and hardest forwards in the game, make the correct kick and push your forwards around the park or else be deemed a liability that should be dropped.

Can Milford do that? We'll see.

But what, oh great soothsayer, have you seen of Milford to suggest he is better than Norman 10 NRL games into his career?

If [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION] says he's signing, he's probably signing, seems pretty accurate with everything else he says.

It's not pessimism for the sake of pessimism. He's 19.

Plenty of young blokes shine at junior level because they are EXACTLY the Anthony Milford mould.

They fail because first grade is 95% of the time controlling field position through careful playmaking and a good kicking game and picking the correct time to make your move. You might get 3 opportunities in a tight game, 1.5 of which are marginal and gonna make you look like a dud if you try them on (see Corey Norman's body of work over the past 4 seasons).

The rest of the time you're expected to put tackle the biggest and hardest forwards in the game, make the correct kick and push your forwards around the park or else be deemed a liability that should be dropped.

Can Milford do that? We'll see.

But what, oh great soothsayer, have you seen of Milford to suggest he is better than Norman 10 NRL games into his career?
I might just jump in here.
You are right about the first grade bit but in U20s Milford and Hunt crapped over Norman as playmakers so you just hope that both can carry it through to first grade as playmakers and be better than Norman.
Norman was slightly above average as a U20s playmaker and i am still scratching my head seeing why everybody wants him.

Haha congratulations [MENTION=8300]FaithinHook[/MENTION] your famous again. Raiders forum going on about an article on our forum claiming milford has said he has signed on with Brisbane for the opportunity to play 6 and be coached by the next supercoach, anthony griffin

The Greenhouse ? View topic - Homesick Raiders youngster Milford eyes Broncos move

Bout half way down from a user called 'Hadugan' if your interested in reading lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is so awesome.

LOL! I know there's people here who have a go at FaithInHook, but my god, that's 2 major hooks (pardon the pun) with made up articles just real enough to convince people they're legit. Awesome.

Yeah, I have to say I used to get frustrated by FiH but I've definitely changed my mind, this stuff is hilarious. Funtastic job [MENTION=8300]FaithinHook[/MENTION]

Who knows if we get Milford or Barba but the mindf#*king going on in the Greenhouse and the Kennel has been worth it even if we don't! :loool::loool::loool:

exactly as it says in the article, Furner is concerned about the speculation becoming a distraction leading into the finals ... all he is doing is trying to prevent that

faithinhook is THE greatest troll ON earth. soon he will have danny weidler quoting him on channel 9! even though he has faith in GRAY haired under performing coaches, he is ok in my books. on topic, it would be quite a JOY to see millford at the broncos next year!

Jon Tuxworth ‏@Tuxy81
Anthony Milford update in paper tomorrow. Now very confident he will be at @RaidersCanberra next year. #nrl #raiders

Jon Tuxworth ‏@Tuxy81
Anthony Milford update in paper tomorrow. Now very confident he will be at @RaidersCanberra next year. #nrl #raiders

Clearly a reference to the David Furner article. Nothing more than spin. We will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • Griffo
  • lynx000
  • I bleed Maroon
  • UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • Scorchie
  • barker
  • Culhwch
  • Xzei
  • Manofoneway
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrMoore
  • Fitzy
  • broncoscope
  • BroncoFan94
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.