[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben hunt can do all of the above and macca can kick 40/20s

I hope this is meant to be a joke, because IMO, Hoffman is a professional. he may be disappointed about losing his full back spot, he may even look to leave to play full back elsewhere, But he will give his all every time he puts on the jersey. and his performance on the wing this year were awesome.

Yes, 'twas meant but frivolously, good sir.

I was as disappointed as any fan in some of Hoffman's performances towards the back end of 2012, and his seeming admission that he hadn't tried as hard as he probably should have, but I've been nothing but impressed with his effort and form this year. If Barba takes his fullback spot, which seems likely - I would love to see Josh get a prolonged run at centre, because i think he can replace Hodges in the long term. I hope he comes to see this as an opportunity rather than a disappointment.

Then why don't they?

I can't recall Macca kicking too many (if any) this year?

Exactly why I was concerned with the spine for next year. Both Macca and Hunt fans saying they can kick 40/20's and kick under pressure. Get repeat sets with deft little grubbers behind the line and kick to corners for field position. If they can do all this why don't they ????? Hunt and Macca Lack experience and organisational skills. Barba and Milford offer x factor with no organisational skills. Its a concern 2 live wire acts and 2 who go through the motions and lack direction. Maybe time will fix !!

Then why don't they?

I can't recall Macca kicking too many (if any) this year?

Ho many 40/20s do the best kickers kick 4 or maybe 5 a year , how many gas has he nearly made 3 or 4 . 40/20s aren't something you can pull off at a drop of a hat , how has our whole team been playing this year mediocre at best . How many did macca kick last year 4 , off year on the 40/20s so what. ... He has showed he can kick them at least.

Ho many 40/20s do the best kickers kick 4 or maybe 5 a year , how many gas has he nearly made 3 or 4 . 40/20s aren't something you can pull off at a drop of a hat , how has our whole team been playing this year mediocre at best . How many did macca kick last year 4 , off year on the 40/20s so what. ... He has showed he can kick them at least.

I seriously have no idea what you are trying to say

Macca is a dependable and solid player who probably won't let you down but really doesn't break a game open either, like a Barba or Slater etc.

A poster says Milford can kick 40/20's and you pop up with "Macca can too"

Unless you're his Mum this just doesn't make sense

What's your point? We don't need Milford coz we got Macca?

Milford is believed to be a game breaker in the making - time will tell

Macca has proven he isn't one, which leaves us needing 1 or 2

I truly don't know what you are getting at

Perhaps I could follow better if you took a little more care with your typing

Last edited:
I seem to remember Macca attempting to play the "Kicking hooker" role a few times this year, from memory he kicked two out on the full and failed to find touch on a penalty once.. He's just not very good.

I seriously have no idea what you are trying to say

Macca is a dependable and solid player who probably won't let you down but really doesn't break a game open either, like a Barba or Slater etc.

A poster says Milford can kick 40/20's and you pop up with "Macca can too"

Unless you're his Mum this just doesn't make sense

What's your point? We don't need Milford coz we got Macca?

Milford is believed to be a game breaker in the making - time will tell

Macca has proven he isn't one, which leaves us needing 1 or 2

I truly don't know what you are getting at

Perhaps I could follow better if you took a little more care with your typing
Where did I say anything about not needing Milford , I'm saying Macca can and has kicked 40/20's and he isn't a game breaker all though he has won a game for us . If he is not that good why was he broncos player of the year

He normally is. Not this year. The last few games he has lifted . This makes me optimistic that next year we will cope with Milford (not yet exactly a great kicker yet) and hunt (a poor kicker).

I seem to remember Macca attempting to play the "Kicking hooker" role a few times this year, from memory he kicked two out on the full and failed to find touch on a penalty once.. He's just not very good.

I disagree - I think it's just he hasn't practised it. We've had Wal and Prince to kick, he probably hasn't had to. I've seen enough of it to say I think his long kicking game can be quite good and I'd love to see him work on it, especially since Hunt's isn't that great.

I disagree - I think it's just he hasn't practised it. We've had Wal and Prince to kick, he probably hasn't had to. I've seen enough of it to say I think his long kicking game can be quite good and I'd love to see him work on it, especially since Hunt's isn't that great.

Agree with you saying McC has a good kick......he does. It's just not consistent.

Hunt is quite pathetic at this stage.

Milford's kicking looks capable, albeit still undeveloped.

I can see some problems next year surrounding a few aspects of our kicking games.

Hunt's short kicking game = no worries. Repeat sets, woo!! He's good.

Long kicking game, well, without Wallace or Prince, we need to work on, whoever ends up partnering Hunt.

Prince was hitting the Knights wingers on the full last night like they were sponsored by Target.

Where did I say anything about not needing Milford , I'm saying Macca can and has kicked 40/20's and he isn't a game breaker all though he has won a game for us . If he is not that good why was he broncos player of the year

You didn't say that, and I didn't say you said that

I made it abundantly clear that I am guessing at your point as to me your point wasn't clear - which left me no choice but to guess

You have said Macca can kick a 40/20, but this is a thread about Milford, so why are you talking about Macca's ability with the boot?

This is why I am left guessing at your point

If I have guessed your point wrong, perhaps try to make your point a bit more clearly

Now, as for Macca, I haven't said he is flat out no good - just that we need a gamebreaker or 2 - which he is not

Last edited:
Yes heaps of potential but what I'm concerned about is who out off these guys will kick that 40/20 with 2 min to go and march down the field, set a few plays up and cross kick to the corner for a try. Witch one of these guys will keep the pressure on and dribble that deft grubber behind the line, who will kick that field goal with 30 sec to go. Who will direct the forwards to straighten up around the ruck, who will control the game in a clutch situation. Potential yes !!! its the lack of leadership and organisation that worries me.

This is the post i was commenting on. and if you don't understand what im trying to say then we will just leave it at that.

This is the post i was commenting on. and if you don't understand what im trying to say then we will just leave it at that.

Thanks Pagey

Your original post was posted without quoting the post you were commenting on

That can make it hard to follow along sometimes

You'll notice posters use quotes a lot to make it easier for others to understand their post

You might find that helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • johnny plath
  • Foordy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Waynesaurus
  • jd87
  • theshed
  • Wild Horse
  • thenry
  • NSW stables
  • jarro65
  • Manofoneway
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.