[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this just highlights our whole year. A coach who has no idea, you have to ask yourself why wasn't he telling our guys to do this? Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say that was part of his game plan, to bomb Uate and the players didn't follow through with it the first half. Come half time he should given them a serving "I asked you to bomb it to Uate on 5th, why are you not doing that? Don't give me excuses and just start doing it."

Same could be said of Wayne Bennett - Why didn't Newcastle bomb Oates more? Is Wayne Bennett a poor coach?

Last edited:
I would have to say that this year, yes he's probably leaning towards being a poor coach. Is that a controversial statement? Maybe a little, considering he's THE Wayne Bennet, a hero of the Broncos. But I think he should have retired after the Dragons personally. Although with the money they were offering him it was the best thing for his family financially. It's not his fault someone was willing to pay him so much when he is no longer relevant in the game. I mean no disrespect and some will probably shoot me for saying these things. I love the guy, back in his day he was very good, albeit with a very good roster.

Is anyone concerned that Milford might suffer from the second-year syndrome?. Moving to a new club with a completely different style after a messy battle to get him there.

Is anyone concerned that Milford might suffer from the second-year syndrome?. Moving to a new club with a completely different style after a messy battle to get him there.

Not really. But I would prefer to get him first before worrying about how he will play

I don't think we'll get him.

More likely to suffer it up here in Brisbane with the weight of expectation that would be on his shoulders after the year the Broncos have had, its a lot of pressure for a 19yo

I'm only concerned about him being a half, because I see him as an even more gifted Barba, but still like Barba.

I'd be leaning towards us not getting Milford and I'm ok with that, I really rate Strasser.

He'll be fine. He has the talent to succeed at the NRL pinnacle, the best support structure available, and will also be near his family.

More likely to suffer it up here in Brisbane with the weight of expectation that would be on his shoulders after the year the Broncos have had, its a lot of pressure for a 19yo

Yeah because he didn't have much pressure on him with the raiders, and they're so much higher up the ladder, i dare say he'll be in the same situation if you look at how both clubs went this year mate.

Just made a break and burned Gordon, who's one of the best defensive fullbacks. **** he has speed! We need him so bad.

I loved McGuire's effort against The knights. That run saved us six points.

So now the season's over , can we get this **** with AM sorted please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • broncotville
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Purple Pills
  • Astro
  • sooticus
  • RolledOates
  • Allo
  • Howie
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Mustafur
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.