[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they were implying that he was going to stay, it's the CT. If this is true then it's disappointing and you have to wonder what is going on inside that young man's head. I need to be close to my dad, oh wait you're going to offer me much more money and I get to play with a coach who loves me? Hmmm, my dad ain't so sick anymore :)

It sounds to me like it is an article in a Canberra paper, therefore of course they are going to try and make it look like he wants to stay. I have thought all along we wont get him but the good news in the article is they will all sit down and talk about it tomorrow.

Haha haven't we suffered enough! Mind you with news the chairman is standing down it makes the hell that was 2013 worthwhile, he's been holding the club back for many years, even if we lose Milf the future is looking brighter than ever due to McIntyre being gone:)

You're about to get sticky. things could get so much worse.

Hopefully we will hear some news on this shortly then. Be good to know for both Canberra and Brisbane.

You're about to get sticky. things could get so much worse.

Don't know now, Ricky was McIntyres choice so with him gone hopefully no Ricky, Mals on the 4 man committee and really wants Henry (who'd be almost as bad as Ricky).

That's what I got out of it.........How can he say that when he made it clear he wanted to come home for family reasons, who coaches the team shouldn't worry him if his major concern is family.

the family thing is all talk. it always is. same with barba. barba wanted out of dogs. milford might~ want out of raiders. both are excuses that no one can really question.

This is just Tux putting a wishful thinking spin on it.

I really want a better team but if Barba left for the reasons being speculated about and if milfords dad was only an excuse, then I dont know how much EI want them at our club.

I really want a better team but if Barba left for the reasons being speculated about and if milfords dad was only an excuse, then I dont know how much EI want them at our club.

Within reason, I couldn't give a damn how they get here. Having the mantra of only wanting choir boys is what has gotten the broncos into this mess we currently are. You look at all the top teams and they all have people that are questionable running around for them, bet you they don't care.

At the end of the day this sport is about winning premierships and if we win one with barba and milford in the team no one is going to say "Yeah they won but who cares, that whole sick father excuse was just a lie".

If we do get Barba and Milford, they keep there noses clean and we're winning, everybody will have forgotten how and why they got to the Broncos.

I would like a team that we can keep and build to get a couple of premierships out of. But if they only hang around for one year and we win a premiership I would not give a damn. We all know that it will take a couple of years before we can become premiership contenders. This even more so if we get a new coach at some stage because Griffin is clueless.

One. There wasn't a single quote in that article. Two. Barba didn't take an upgrade and his children will move to Brisbane. So suggesting it was for monetary reasons is silly.

Yes, true on the Barba thing, but who knows about Milford. Does sound suspicious if he decides to stay. You can hardly say it wasn't about the money if that was the case.

Lol @ raiders, coming out saying their concerned about player welfare especially Milf and Papa yet deny milf a compassionate return home

Lol @ raiders, coming out saying their concerned about player welfare especially Milf and Papa yet deny milf a compassionate return home
Not sure why you included Papa but I think it's becoming obvious Milf was hardly about leaving on compassionate grounds.

If the Raiders do with Milford what the Bulldogs did with Barba (i.e make the release state that the player can not earn more at the Broncos than they do at their current club) then we would see if the reasons stated are true.

Barba still wanted the release to move to Brisbane, even after it was determined that he would have to play out the next 2 years at his Bulldog contract value ... therefore IMO, he reasons for leaving the Bulldogs are legitimate.

Milford, well who knows ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Emanon
  • johnny plath
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
  • heartly87
  • Dexter
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Brocko
  • Morkel
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.