[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuart's going to go hard. Chequebook hard. He wants to prove to everyone that he can do the job there, not just as the coach but someone who can attract & retain talent. There's not much talent left, so like I said, he'll throw Dugan & Ferguson's money straight at Milford just so he can win his first battle since being appointed coach.

I am gaining a lot of respect for Milford. You can tell by his comments that he is torn between loyalty to his parents and loyalty to the club that have nurtured him. He is in a no win situation. I am now at a stage where I don't believe his motivation is money, not to say that his manager may have a different idea. I think he is just missing his parents to be frank.
If we get him at the Broncos I will be happy but if he chooses to stay at he Raiders then I look forward to supporting him play for Qld.

Maybe the Raiders should have bitten the bullet a decade ago and shifted to Logan. Logan Raiders!!!!

I'll question his managers ethics but never Milfs, he seems a genuinely good kid and one of the few that actually takes responsibility for his poor action, that drinking episode he didn't shift the blame at all, much respect

Sounds like Ayoub is chasing the money.

he's a player manager, his always chasing the money .... the more money Milford makes, the more money he makes

The more I think about it, the more it sounds like generic negotiations. The fact that it's now being played out in the media means it must be close.

Broncos: We want Milford
Ayoub: Milford wants to be in Brisbane
Raiders: We want to keep him
Ayoub: He wants to be in Brisbane. But what are you offering?
Raiders: One million dollars
Ayoub: Hey Broncos, Raiders will pay him a million, what's your offer?
Broncos: Forget it, we'll just grab Hunt from the AFL
(which is where we're at now)

Hopefully Milford gets worried that he'll miss out on coming home to his family. So Milford either comes to Brisbane on a fair deal, or Raiders sign him for big dollars. Win win for everyone except the Raiders who will either lose him or pay big overs. Let's just home that Brisbane aren't left with nobody...

Last edited:
I'd take Karmichael back in a heartbeat at 5/8. **** he's looking skinny now though.

I wonder if the Broncos management are sick and tired of waiting for this to be sorted and are getting ready to move on.
Which was one of the reasons it was logical to wait for the off season plus his value to the Broncos decreased as soon as you got Barba hence Ayoub quieting down, Ayoub was in a mad rush until that happened.

Ayoub has just softened the rhetoric around Milford to get more out of the Broncos.

MEH, if Ricky Stuart coming to the Eels has changed the landscape of the decision to come back to Brisbane to be with his family, then it obviously wasn't about family, **** him, he can stay in Canberra.

Hey [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION], do you mind weighing in on the current Milford situation, do you think he's still likely to sign with us?

MEH, if Ricky Stuart coming to the Eels has changed the landscape of the decision to come back to Brisbane to be with his family, then it obviously wasn't about family, **** him, he can stay in Canberra.

No it means he is now negotiating with a different coach who could be less or more lenient towards a get out clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Culhwch
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • Robboi_321
  • broncos4life
  • Cavalo
  • cento
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Jedhead
  • Locky24
  • Griffo
  • Allo
  • Hurrijo
  • Kev_Guz
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.