[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Yeah like Melbourne back a few years : Smith , slater , cronk and Inglis. That one didn't work did it bush nut !

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
I can't believe there are people questioning if we want Barba AND Milford?

One is a Dally M medallist, has speed and x-factor, puts opposing defences in two minds and can single handedly win you a game. The other one is potentially even better and can do the same things. Hunt could have one run inside of him and the other outside.

Why would you not want that? It's like some people don't even want to win.
It no that we don't want to win. But how many freak X factor players can one team have. Who will do the tackling.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
It no that we don't want to win. But how many freak X factor players can one team have. Who will do the tackling.

Hmmm 2 would be good. Most teams (well good ones) have at least two. We have zero. So, bear in mind I'm not great at maths but...

0 X factor + 2 X factor = 2 X factor. Yep we'll take both thanks

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
Yeah like Melbourne back a few years : Smith , slater , cronk and Inglis. That one didn't work did it bush nut !

Um out of that lot 2 are the best organisers in the game and slater is the only off the cuff live wire player, great analogy :/

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Hmmm 2 would be good. Most teams (well good ones) have at least two. We have zero. So, bear in mind I'm not great at maths but...

0 X factor + 2 X factor = 2 X factor. Yep we'll take both thanks
We have been starved of X for a few years. I just don't want OD.on the other hand , no one will be happier than me to be proven wrong in the event that he does come.

Last edited:
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
So we're dose the idea of X Factor players can't do anything but score . Ummm Billy slater , greg Inglis etc. Enough said !

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
So we're dose the idea of X Factor players can't do anything but score . Ummm Billy slater , greg Inglis etc. Enough said !
Yes but Inglis and slater are much more than X factor. Attack, defence and ball playing

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Um out of that lot 2 are the best organisers in the game and slater is the only off the cuff live wire player, great analogy :/

A star team will always beat a team of stars ...... There all stars!! , Inglis and slater X Factor type players yeah . I'm sure you guys where keen to have carney and Dugan in the same team at one put hey!

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008

Corey Parker, Josh McGuire, Andrew McCullough, Alex Glenn and Ben Hannant all make a bunch of tackles.

We were the 13th worst attack in the competition this year. Barba and Milford is exactly what we need.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Yes but Inglis and slater are much more than X factor. Attack, defence and ball playing

So your telling me Barba can't do all of that and milford is 19 so will come with time. There is no way these player's are one dimensional .

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
[RUMOUR] Anthony Milford to Broncos

I'm astonished some people wouldn't want both Barba and Milford... We'd be one of the most exciting teams to watch and they'd be a great balance to Griffin's game plan.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
So your telling me Barba can't do all of that and milford is 19 so will come with time. There is no way these player's are one dimensional .
Agreed Milford is only 19 , and don't get me wrong he's an excitement machine. But I have not seen him put someone through a gap or save a try with his defence. Don't get me wrong I love to have him and I have only 3 games crom him, but it starting to become a bit messy , I just don't want broncos to be Ayoub's *****.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Agreed Milford is only 19 , and don't get me wrong he's an excitement machine. But I have not seen him put someone through a gap or save a try with his defence. Don't get me wrong I love to have him and I have only 3 games crom him, but it starting to become a bit messy , I just don't want broncos to be Ayoub's *****.

Can't remember a time where the broncos have been a managers bitch but they will need to play ball to get him imo

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Can't remember a time where the broncos have been a managers bitch but they will need to play ball to get him imo
Pagey, I guess like most here I'm a bit over this will I won't I BS. If he's coming home for his dad then just do it, the seasons over , I suppose he's losing me in a public relations sense. I'm not going to be as disappointed now if he does not come as I would have been last weekend.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Pagey, I guess like most here I'm a bit over this will I won't I BS. If he's coming home for his dad then just do it, the seasons over , I suppose he's losing me in a public relations sense. I'm not going to be as disappointed now if he does not come as I would have been last weekend.

Yeah I hear you completely over it .

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
But I have not seen him put someone through a gap or save a try with his defence.
He got as many line break assists this year as Wallace, playing all but what, 3 games from fullback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.