[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
ozzball

ozzball

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2013
I'd take Karmichael back in a heartbeat at 5/8. **** he's looking skinny now though.

Me too mate ... and I don't think his weight is a problem ... reading the Australian article he reckons the injuries that have plagued him have been mainly due to him not being allowed to maintain his "natural body shape".

Come on home K ... there's a welcome on the mat

Last edited by a moderator:
Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
I can't see how having Stuart as a head coach could have a positive effect in this current situation. What am I missing ? What do admin see in him?

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
I can't see how having Stuart as a head coach could have a positive effect in this current situation. What am I missing ? What do admin see in him?
He's good mates with Ayoub for a start and likes paying overs

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Yeah that may be true . But can he be trusted with your football club

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
On Chris Garry's twitter (who has been pretty spot on of late with his stuff) someone has asked what the chances are of milf sitting down with the broncs and his old mentor (our new talent scout) and his response was 'very good'

Same guy then asked if he had inside info about this that he can't currently share and his response was 'yes'... I like the sound of that!

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Just wish they'd hurry up and get it sorted one way or the other. If we have milford and barba next year, McGuire playing 60+, Hoffman on the wing, hunt taking control all season, parker being parker, and glenn or gillett getting back to their form of 3 years ago, we'd have to really stuff things up to not finish in the top 6.

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
On Chris Garry's twitter (who has been pretty spot on of late with his stuff) someone has asked what the chances are of milf sitting down with the broncs and his old mentor (our new talent scout) and his response was 'very good'

The same mentor that a couple of months ago said Milf would be a bad fit at the Broncos due to too much pressure on him

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
The same mentor that a couple of months ago said Milf would be a bad fit at the Broncos due to too much pressure on him

To be fair that was before we officially signed Barba and Kennedy, if there's 3 new faces or even more at the Broncos next year, the pressure won't be as bad as if we just signed Milford and expected a championship.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
I've been asking for awhile , do we want both Barba and Milford , they are in my opinion very similar players. I'm throwing my support behind harmichael. We don't after all want to become the Wests Tigers.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Do we want both Barba & Milford?

Oh hell yeah.

Milford is going to become one of the best players in the game and has all the skills to be a legend. Why settle for Hunt? A player who left our club in a ditch, never proved himself outside of fullback and quite frankly was just a 'good' player?

I don't care if it isn't ideal, Barba/Milford everyday > Barba/Hunt.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013

Yeah that would be the one bush dude !!

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Do we want both Barba & Milford?

Oh hell yeah.

Milford is going to become one of the best players in the game and has all the skills to be a legend. Why settle for Hunt? A player who left our club in a ditch, never proved himself outside of fullback and quite frankly was just a 'good' player?

I don't care if it isn't ideal, Barba/Milford everyday > Barba/Hunt.

Totally agree milford over hunt anyday of the week !

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
I've been asking for awhile , do we want both Barba and Milford , they are in my opinion very similar players. I'm throwing my support behind harmichael. We don't after all want to become the Wests Tigers.
That combo could be exciting to watch when it works but could also be an unorganised disaster in other games, 2 off the cuff players in the spine, it's hard enough for team mates to know what's happening with 1 of em let alone 2, do think a more solid player like KHunt would provide better balance

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
That combo could be exciting to watch when it works but could also be an unorganised disaster in other games, 2 off the cuff players in the spine, it's hard enough for team mates to know what's happening with 1 of em let alone 2, do think a more solid player like KHunt would provide better balance

Robot Chicken: Jaws Special Edition - YouTube

Maybe if this was Origin you would worry about the logistics of the pairing but the quality of each individual is far more important here.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
We will have a organizer in Ben hunt and eventually dce ha

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
The combination of Barba and Milford in the same team might not pay immediate dividends, but once Milford develops his game in the halves and they learn each others games, it's on like donkey kong.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
I can't believe there are people questioning if we want Barba AND Milford?

One is a Dally M medallist, has speed and x-factor, puts opposing defences in two minds and can single handedly win you a game. The other one is potentially even better and can do the same things. Hunt could have one run inside of him and the other outside.

Why would you not want that? It's like some people don't even want to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• maddo
  • Robboi_321
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.