[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barbra's bigger than prince.

Not by much.

He'd serve us much better playing his preferred position at fullback IMO.

I'm sure one of our young up'n'comers can handle 5/8 next year

Not by much.

He'd serve us much better playing his preferred position at fullback IMO.

I'm sure one of our young up'n'comers can handle 5/8 next year
i agree.proven match winner at fullback. less impressive at 5/8 with less time.

The Vidot and Mills signing would suggest Hoffy won't be on the wing next season. Whether its because he'll be at fullback or 5/8th is the question.

Alternatively, maybe Hoffman is off to the Doggies. It would explain why they haven't announced a new fullback. It might of been a swap for Barba but the Broncos wanted to keep it under wraps for a while so as not to dampen the news of Barba signing. This theory is admittedly a bit of a stretch.

Last edited:
The Vidot and Mills signing would suggest Hoffy won't be on the wing next season. Whether its because he'll be at fullback or 5/8th is the question.

Possibly, but Mills is definetly a depth signing IMO, and Vidot could be replacing hodges if he's not back yet.

I really hope Hoffman stays on the wing.

Alternatively, maybe Hoffman is off to the Doggies. It would explain why they haven't announced a new fullback. It might of been a swap for Barba but the Broncos wanted to keep it under wraps for a while so as not to dampen the news of Barba signing. This theory is admittedly a bit of a stretch.

You would think that they would have announced his signing now if he was going ?

Barbra's bigger than prince.

A bigger speed bump .....?

Barba's defence suggests nothing to me that he will be able to handle playing in the front line.

A bigger speed bump .....?

Barba's defence suggests nothing to me that he will be able to handle playing in the front line.

He struggles badly in defense and looks uncomfortable when the forwards run at him.

This was written underneath the signings press release today. It's a Facebook post by the Broncos.

If we ever sign Milford the club will definitely let you know ASAP.
Don't know what to make of it.

Last edited:
Can you substantiate that?

I didn't see anything.

Can you substantiate that?

I didn't see anything.

8AQiJcbm4AaZYAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Attachments

• Comment.JPG
    Comment.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 52
I saw that comment too. Didn't seem to be in response to anything, almost just to get ahead of the usual questions being asked.

Got to think they're still fairly confident if they're bringing it up.

Not sure what to make of that comment.. maybe this whole fiasco is about the Raiders simply just not budging on letting him come home for 2014, so he's staying put for 2014, and signing with us for 2015 onwards (Hopefully he signs around about November 1, save months and months of speculation)

I'm guessing that post was more to do with them being sick of being asked about it more than any sign. Still confident he'll be yours in 2015 if you have the cap space left for him.

PS signing on Nov 1st won't end speculation as the contract won't be valid till about round 13 next year and the Raiders would continue to fight to retain him, only round 13 can you be certain he's yours even if he's signed.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that post was more to do with them being sick of being asked about it more than any sign. Still confident he'll be yours in 2015 if you have the cap space left for him.

PS signing on Nov 1st won't end speculation as the contract won't be valid till about round 13 next year and the Raiders would continue to fight to retain him, only round 13 can you be certain he's yours even if he's signed.

Yeah but it will end speculation that he does/doesn't want to play for the Broncos and that it wasn't all a stunt to get more money. After the Papa dramas, I seriously doubt that he'd renege on a 2015 contract if he does indeed sign one for us.

Or he'll have learnt from the guy he lives with (Papa) on how to get the most money. Going by his tweets I don't think he'd mind too much the extra attention of goin through the same thing as Papa if it gets him the best deal.

point is though no club can get too excited about a signing till round 13, only extensions are legally binding before that.

Last edited:

I have no doubt the raiders will try every dirty tactic available until round 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • jd87
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • Morkel
  • theshed
  • Organix
  • Justwin
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Gympie devil
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • MrRobot
  • Mr Fourex
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.