[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Have to admit the article I read over the weekend where Barba failed to complete one rehab session and said, rehab is a waste of time/counselling is useless I need to play football instead, that concerned me a bit.

It could be all he said/she said, but the guy clearly has some sort of issue, and if he's not willing to take it head on, a change of scenery isn't going to be the magic bullet.

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
I find it interesting that all of this dirt on Barba mysteriously appeared in the press after he signed with the Broncos. Just a thought.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I find it interesting that all of this dirt on Barba mysteriously appeared in the press after he signed with the Broncos. Just a thought.

The rumours were around well before that though

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
What is everyone's expectations for Benny next year?

If he recovers from his injury and settles into life in Brisbane well (good chance he will considering his family issues) I expect he will have a good season adding spark and attacking life to the team. Not getting carried away with it though as I don't want to leave myself dissapointed.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013

If he recovers from his injury and settles into life in Brisbane well (good chance he will considering his family issues) I expect he will have a good season adding spark and attacking life to the team. Not getting carried away with it though as I don't want to leave myself dissapointed.

Single handedly win us the premiership, that's all, why?

Seriously though I think his biggest asset for us next year will be speed, something which we have lacked all year, I also want to see him lurking around the ruck looking for offloads. He has a pretty good passing and short-kicking game too so it'll be a nice change from Hoffman.

Definitely only want to see him in the no.1 jersey too.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013

I expect him to add spark, urgency and pace to our backline as well as support our ball playing forwards in the middle of the field.

A good season for me will be him settling into the team structure during the first half of the year and then by the back end being a real attacking weapon.

I don't expect him to be dally m player of the year or anything like that.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
i just hope he plays like he really wants to be there and adds some excitement to our borecore footy style.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

I'm not really sure what to expect. TBH .....I haven't been one of Barba's greatest fans. I still question his positioning in defence, his one on one defence and his skill & courage under the high ball.

I guess I'm hoping that he'll follow the likes of Parker, Gillett and McGuire when they've got the ball. Parker's off loading skills in particular have been under utilised because our latest fullbacks didn't have the ability to pop up when required. That's one thing Barba does and does well. He has great positioning and instincts in attack.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
James hooper talking about the barba situation on the back page and having a whinge that he is still playing. Whatever people's thoughts are on this, he dead set has to one of the biggest Halfwits going, seems to be completely devoid of any comprehension skills.

Hooper: we can't let allegations like this go unpunished.

Everyone else: but there is no complaint so nothing can be done.

Hooper: we all know the allegations, if us reporters can find out the allegations why can't the nrl.

Everyone else: that's right James they are only allegations, the police have been involved and there has been no charge

Hooper: the nrl need to do something.

Everyone with half a brain: we have to remember there is a lady involved that doesn't want this taken any further, and without a complaint nothing can be done.

Hooper: I've seen the photo and heard the rumours he needs to go

Everyone else: pause... Dafuq is wrong with this guy

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
James hooper talking about the barba situation on the back page and having a whinge that he is still playing. Whatever people's thoughts are on this, he dead set has to one of the biggest Halfwits going, seems to be completely devoid of any comprehension skills.

Hooper: we can't let allegations like this go unpunished.

Everyone else: but there is no complaint so nothing can be done.

Hooper: we all know the allegations, if us reporters can find out the allegations why can't the nrl.

Everyone else: that's right James they are only allegations, the police have been involved and there has been no charge

Hooper: the nrl need to do something.

Everyone with half a brain: we have to remember there is a lady involved that doesn't want this taken any further, and without a complaint nothing can be done.

Hooper: I've seen the photo and heard the rumours he needs to go

Everyone else: pause... Dafuq is wrong with this guy
there is nothing worse than some media douche with an agenda.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Steve Mascord was on radio yesterday saying that he was contemplating giving away his league journalism job over the Barba incident as well.

Something along the lines of a massive cover up.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
hooper is a complete toss. completely ignores anything that doesnt suit his agenda. when the issue was raised (as it seems to be every week he's on) on the back page last night i said to my flatmate 'here we go again, hooper with another rant..'.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The thing is, she didn't pursue it, what right does he have to do so based on a hunch?

Unread

Active Now

• rnabokov
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.