OFFICIAL - Broncos Sign Lowrie, Vidot and Mills

they sure did. also have won a few gfs in recent seasons too.

you said something about recent disappointment with my "2nd team" ?!

can you clarify? lol
I said nothing about recency, I just said you would have been disappointed in your team plenty of times, which was more a statement about the Bombers not being your first team as it was criticism of a then unnamed team. Supporters of every NRL team would have had cause to be disappointed at least once every couple of years, given that no team has gone back-to-back for 15 years.

Honestly in your position I would have been disappointed a couple of Sundays ago with losing a grand final, but then again as a Broncos fan I can only speak hypothetically in that instance.

(Sorry Big Pete - no more off-topic from me in this thread starting...now).

These signings aren't really a big deal - if any of them were they would have been announced on their own. No Sharks back that can't crack their 17 should cost anything significant, Lowrie needed to come to Brisbane and we are already overstocked in his position - smells like a token depth signing, and Vidot is even further removed from the days when his 'potential' was spoken about as an inevitability rather than to temper optimism. We have cap space, we have money. Nobody decent is left on the market and we might need to field a reserve grade side next year. As far as I'm concerned these signings aren't really evidence of anyone at the club's competence or long term plans and my predicted 17 hasn't changed.

I said nothing about recency, I just said you would have been disappointed in your team plenty of times, which was more a statement about the Bombers not being your first team as it was criticism of a then unnamed team. Supporters of every NRL team would have had cause to be disappointed at least once every couple of years, given that no team has gone back-to-back for 15 years.

Honestly in your position I would have been disappointed a couple of Sundays ago with losing a grand final, but then again as a Broncos fan I can only speak hypothetically in that instance.

(Sorry Big Pete - no more off-topic from me in this thread starting...now).

These signings aren't really a big deal - if any of them were they would have been announced on their own. No Sharks back that can't crack their 17 should cost anything significant, Lowrie needed to come to Brisbane and we are already overstocked in his position - smells like a token depth signing, and Vidot is even further removed from the days when his 'potential' was spoken about as an inevitability rather than to temper optimism. We have cap space, we have money. Nobody decent is left on the market and we might need to field a reserve grade side next year. As far as I'm concerned these signings aren't really evidence of anyone at the club's competence or long term plans and my predicted 17 hasn't changed.

the bulk of manly supporters are stoked they made the grand final after being written off all season. it was also a controversial result. if your lot lost the grand final this season, you'd be doing cartwheels, so stop your dribbling

the bulk of manly supporters are stoked they made the grand final after being written off all season. it was also a controversial result. if your lot lost the grand final this season, you'd be doing cartwheels, so stop your dribbling

I think you need to stop your dribbling champ. Take your bombers shit elsewhere you muppet.

Edit: Also happy like everyone else that this means we may never see Marantas name again, thank god!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just in case people hadn't seen yet, Lowrie and Vidot are on 2 year deals, Mills on a 1 year deal.

I think you need to stop your dribbling champ. Take your bombers shit elsewhere you muppet.

Edit: Also happy like everyone else that this means we may never see Marantas name again, thank god!

i directly answered his question.

sensitive much?

I am really happy with Vidot's signing. At his best he challenged for SOO. He has now come to the team he supports and will play in front of big crowds week in week out which would be pretty motivating. Get him paired up with JYY and appreciate what he has been through, we may just have signed a cheap diamond! At the very least, there is no knowing how JYY will come back and this gives us tremendous first team options and depth. Competition to spots in our back line will be very strong. Jennings was playing park footy last season, now look at him. Imagine what we could get from Vidot if he is shown the same faith.

Mills is meh but he would be a base signing and at worst is here for one season, at best could be a star.

Lowrie is cheap and brings experience from playing in grand final quality sides. He is nothing special but he was a massive part of the Eels making the gf a few seasons ago, good cheap signing.

as said previously, the best way to combat complacency is to have competition for spots. any depth signing would be good for us long term especially when the signings {mostly}are proven FG standard.

Vidot could turn out to be a great signing if he can get to a 'happier place' mentally.

Not a classic winger at all, but still a very damaging runner of the ball and capable of dragging defenders over the line.

I know it's the off-season but I think we should lower our expectations re: Vidot. He's not a bad signing but I feel like we could be in for another Kemp/Tasi situation where we act as if they're still up-and-coming, ignore the fact that their previous clubs don't seem to care about losing them and blame Griffin when they play exactly the same as they were before they came to the Broncos. Even if he's behind Copley and Kahu he'll almost definitely get a few games if fit, but based on where his career is currently he has to earn anything more than that at the Broncos.

I know it's the off-season but I think we should lower our expectations re: Vidot. He's not a bad signing but I feel like we could be in for another Kemp/Tasi situation where we act as if they're still up-and-coming, ignore the fact that their previous clubs don't seem to care about losing them and blame Griffin when they play exactly the same as they were before they came to the Broncos. Even if he's behind Copley and Kahu he'll almost definitely get a few games if fit, but based on where his career is currently he has to earn anything more than that at the Broncos.

And that could only be a good thing really, knowing he has to prove himself again to make the run on side at a team that he has said he follows/likes.

Self motivation is easier when you are in a happier environment ... back 'home' where you would rather be.

I'm hoping this is the case with him anyway :doh:

Yep given Vidot would be cheap, he is a punt certainly worth taking.

What an absolute disgrace this club has become! Think back to 7 or 8 years ago. There is no way in hell we would ever sign people of the calibre of Stewart Mills or Todd Lowrie. The only players we would sign were players like Tallis, Walters, Mundine, Lazarus etc. Now look where we are. We are now the bottom feeders of the comp along with Parramatta. We never had to rely on rubbish signings.

This is clearly a result of a poorly run football side. Poorly coached, poorly managed and poorly run.

Current management has run this club into the ground.

Lowrie is great signing puts added pressure on Thaiday, Gillett and Glen to perform to the level they should be week in week out, he is one of the better defensive forwards in the game and can play longer game time allowing a better rotation in the prop area.

Are you thinking of the same club mate?

The club that signed Darren Burns, Harvey Howard (who turned out awesome but still), Ken McGuinness etc?

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Scorchie
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Dazza 92
  • bazza
  • winslow_wong
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Old Mate
  • FACTHUNT
  • Nerd
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • mitch222
  • BruiserMk1
  • Tim K
... and 54 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.