[Official] - Milford signs with Broncos

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
How good would it be if we somehow convinced Raiders to release Milford early to us and we give them Jack Reed's current contract, and we move Hoffman to left centre.

A man can dream..

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
We do need another prop, shame we spent our marquee prop money on a spud. That said, next year looks amazing if we can get a good defensive coach in. Even this year we are scoring enough points to win games, we just let in even more.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
How good would it be if we somehow convinced Raiders to release Milford early to us and we give them Jack Reed's current contract, and we move Hoffman to left centre.

A man can dream..

Me likey, as much as I love the heart and commitment Hoffman shows, we could even offer him to them if need be and trade Reed to the Titans for Taylor or Myles. Haha

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Do we have some young props that can step in during origin period and next year?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
They are two dudes with massive futures and it is for this reason I want Hannant to hang around. He has been an elite prop for a long time and is a good role model for younger players (as we don't know what has gone on with Hooky Hook) about work ethic and how to go about things off the field.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
I'm excited - however, my earlier point remains. Behind a pack which is suss, Milford's job is going to be harder, as it currently is for the whole side.

Our pack is suss, and as someone recently posted, lose control of the middle and you lose 9 out of 10, and neither Milford nor Barba nor Hunt can compensate, even with individual brilliance.

Oh for a Gorden Tallis, Shane Webcke, Matt Scott or George Burgess ... some focused aggression in the front row - (and not Martin Kennedy).
Raiders pack is nothing to write home about , and he's looked consistently at a higher level.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Raiders pack is nothing to write home about , and he's looked consistently at a higher level.

Yes he has, but I rate our front row (not back row) about the same as the Raiders, and I look at the scores, despite Milford.

It's winning that counts for me despite the pleasure of watching individual brilliance

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Just as official as it was in November 2013.

Still isn't Round 13.

Still isn't Milford at training in Broncos kit.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If we can keep them together, imagine this team in two seasons:

Barba
Vidot
Oates
Copley
Hoffman/Maranta/Drew/Whoever
Milford
Hunt
McGuire
McCullough
Wallace
Glenn
Gillett
Parker

J Nikorima
Molo
Hala
Ofahenguie

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
If we can keep them together, imagine this team in two seasons:

Barba
Vidot
Oates
Copley
Hoffman/Maranta/Drew/Whoever
Milford
Hunt
McGuire
McCullough
Wallace
Glenn
Gillett
Parker

J Nikorima
Molo
Hala
Ofahenguie

Really like this side. Oates and Copley in the centres in particular.

I see Oates as the next Gene Miles.

Not sure about Parker at lock in 2 years?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Really like this side. Oates and Copley in the centres in particular.

I see Oates as the next Gene Miles.

Not sure about Parker at lock in 2 years?

Yeah I know what you mean but he has signed on for two more but if he does drop off, I would love to see McGuire given the 13 jersey and Kennedy to have come good and be starting. But if Kennedy hasn't which seems likely sadly, I'm sure Hannant will still be decent enough at 32 unless we've bought in someone else.

I am also hoping that under a new coach, Glenn has refound his mojo by then as his line running off the scheming from Hunt/Milford/Barba and maybe even Taylor if he comes on as expected is extremely exciting.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah I know what you mean but he has signed on for two more but if he does drop off, I would love to see McGuire given the 13 jersey and Kennedy to have come good and be starting. But if Kennedy hasn't which seems likely sadly, I'm sure Hannant will still be decent enough at 32 unless we've bought in someone else.

I am also hoping that under a new coach, Glenn has refound his mojo by then as his line running off the scheming from Hunt/Milford/Barba and maybe even Taylor if he comes on as expected is extremely exciting.

One of my main expectations is to get our left hand side really firing,which hasn't really happened this season. I think Glenn can be seriously good given good ball in a well put together play. He knows how to run a good line - just needs the play set up for him.

This season, Glenn seems to be just getting the ball with little option but to run straight into the defence, although he could look to pass a bit more too.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
One of my main expectations is to get our left hand side really firing,which hasn't really happened this season. I think Glenn can be seriously good given good ball in a well put together play. He knows how to run a good line - just needs the play set up for him.

This season, Glenn seems to be just getting the ball with little option but to run straight into the defence, although he could look to pass a bit more too.

Unfrotunately, they could all do with passing the ball a bit more but it seems they aren't allowed to. That's the other gut to hopefully return, Caleb Timu and if he does return to us after his two year mission, we will have a phenomenal young team running around for us.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Browny
  • Mr Fourex
  • Redux
  • Santa
  • whykickamoocow
  • Socnorb
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.