10361342_619215594822685_1851717256886415676_n.jpg

NICE!!!!

That's hodgos body isnt it?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I'm still not sold on our halves combination next year, I suppose it pretty much has to be Milford or Barba at Five-Eighth.. not sure which one would benefit the most from each position, you'd think if Griffin planned on Barba being Five-Eighth next year he'd be playing there right now, so he obviously thinks Milford is the right man.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Well this is a landmark for the NRL with Anthony Milford being the first player to leave his junior club ever.

WHAT?!? you mean it happens all the time??? you wouldn't know by what raiders fans are saying.

Apparently Stan is working on another rap A Canberra Raiders fan's open letter to Anthony Milford - RNA

its funny reading all the stuff re milford on the raiders forum at the moment. before he was hailed as a messiah, now he cant pass, cant kick, cant tackle, is only good for a bit of footwork & as one guy put it, is only one acl injury away from being William zillman :laugh:

worm of the north

worm of the north

NYC Player
Aug 5, 2013
Thanks mate.. Good to be back.. I thought I would pop by and see how you are all doing now that Anthony has committed to his signature. To be honest, I never thought it was ever in doubt, but I know they tried to make it look that way.

And, well.. I am banned from The GH for 2 months because they couldn't handle the truth.. and well because GE is a dick with a massive black hole where a sense of humour is normally located in normal folk.. Is that crossing forum guidelines even though it is coming from me??

Good to see he is being moved into the halves anyway.. he is definitely no fullback. Boy can play, but he needs a lot of work on positioning and defence. Did anyone see him back away and cover his eyes and scream like a girl when he saw Hurrell running at him on the weekend.. To be honest, he was not the only one guilty of that, Jarrod Croker is still in the foetal position calling out his name followed by a long lists of "please Conrad.. I don't want to go for a drive and ride shotgun..."

Oh, one other thing.. I have a trade offer for you.. You take Anthony Milford and we give you Terry Campese.. Deal?

Last edited:
worm of the north

worm of the north

NYC Player
Aug 5, 2013
I think Bushy is too busy trying to convince anyone that will listen that Milford will not work in our spine and it will be a disaster.

Ignore Bushy..

I spent months during the off season trying to tell him that we are better off letting Milford go early, promoting Ahearn, Cronin and Cornish in the strategy of short term pain for long term gain.. he argued with me til he was blue I the face and then I see this morning that he came up with this idea all by himself in a thread on the GH..

Some are just caught up a little bit too much in the Milford breaking up with them saga..

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
That's a pretty good argument for those positional shifts. The only anomalies regarding said argument is that Milford has played at rep level (and a World Cup, no less) in the halves, whereas Barba has not, so the big game experience goes in Milford's favour.

Another argument for Barba to stay at fullback is his incredible ability as a small bloke to make try saving tackles as evidenced many times this season. Milford hasn't yet developed that part of his game to the same level, although he did manage a similar effort in the recent u20's Origin fixture, but I'm not so sure that counts as he was an NRL player up against lower ranking players.

I'm still on the fence a bit with this one, just really happy we have the opportunity to talk about it as a reality! Can't wait until he is here!

Barba has played in the All Stars, semi-final football and in a Grand Final... I don't think he gives much away in big game experience...

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
To be fair, Barba was absolutely woeful in tha grand final. It is all experience though.

It's all got to do with diet.

Feed him some pirogi and sauerkraut and watch out (for more reasons than one)

Last edited:
Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
I'm still not sold on our halves combination next year, I suppose it pretty much has to be Milford or Barba at Five-Eighth.. not sure which one would benefit the most from each position, you'd think if Griffin planned on Barba being Five-Eighth next year he'd be playing there right now, so he obviously thinks Milford is the right man.

Griffin will be planning his next career option in 2015, not where Ben barba plays

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I am pretty confident a Macca, Hunt, Milford and Barba spine can take us to a premiership. Will need to get other things sorted out though. Forwards, coaching, culture and structure need work ASAP.

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
Ignore Bushy..

I spent months during the off season trying to tell him that we are better off letting Milford go early, promoting Ahearn, Cronin and Cornish in the strategy of short term pain for long term gain.. he argued with me til he was blue I the face and then I see this morning that he came up with this idea all by himself in a thread on the GH..

Some are just caught up a little bit too much in the Milford breaking up with them saga..
Wormy good to see ya, hope catch up at the titans game again.

For the record I advocated playing him while he was a chance of staying and now he's not then he should be gone (not released as he might still be required to cover injuries and why bolster the opposition), nowhere did I claim it to be my idea. Cornish and Cronin I was always for debuting.

Dont be bitter cause of Stewart mate

Last edited:
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
what if griffin's saving grace this year is that he didn't have a legit 5/8th and is then given another shot for next year? hoffman then has another big cry and griffin keeps him at 5/8th relegating milford to bench hooker.. it wouldn't surprise me

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
what if griffin's saving grace this year is that he didn't have a legit 5/8th and is then given another shot for next year? hoffman then has another big cry and griffin keeps him at 5/8th relegating milford to bench hooker.. it wouldn't surprise me

Seriously.... Griffin couldn't be that detatched from reality !

Milford will play in the halves next year... Take it to the bank.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • mieko
  • Dash
  • Redfern_1980
  • Galah
  • Scdeac
  • Maroon4life
  • teampjta
  • Midean
  • Cavalo
  • Manofoneway
  • Brocko
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.