[Official] - Milford signs with Broncos

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
interesting that broncos pulled out all the stopped to sign milford. even making lockyer have private chats with him do we think he can lead us to a premiourship or are we just that desperate for a first grade half and know that strasser and the nikoramas wont ever cut it in first grade.

im still not convinced he is as good as everyone makes out. dont get me wrong he has tremendous running game. and given space he can excel. but i watched all raiders games closesly this year and i have yet to see any real vision from anthony that the superstar halfs in the competition have or show at a young age e.g DCE

i mean hes far from bad i just dont understand why so many judges are saying hes a once in a generation player so soon. when he has yet to even play a full year in nrl. and other then his tremendous running game he hasnt even showed half of what DCE showed in his first fear years.

in saying that the people saying hes a superstar are far better talent judges then i am :P. so i will be excited to see if he can develop into the superstar player alot of people are saying he will be or will he just have one breakout year and become average once teams work him out?

very interesting times ahead next year thats for sure. and i hope locky and alfie can get the best out of him because god knows griffin wont :takdir:

People think that just because he can tear teams apart with his footwork, he must also possess a great passing game and vision. In reality, he's just a ball runner with a passable ball playing game. You want him finishing attacking plays, not creating them.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Baiting

Last edited by a moderator:
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
It's all Ayoub's fault!

True story...

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Raiders were offering him over 1M a year. They just can't sign anyone. Maybe Ricky is going all out with the money just to sign a decent player and get over that mental hurdle?

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
interesting that broncos pulled out all the stopped to sign milford. even making lockyer have private chats with him do we think he can lead us to a premiourship or are we just that desperate for a first grade half and know that strasser and the nikoramas wont ever cut it in first grade.

im still not convinced he is as good as everyone makes out. dont get me wrong he has tremendous running game. and given space he can excel. but i watched all raiders games closesly this year and i have yet to see any real vision from anthony that the superstar halfs in the competition have or show at a young age e.g DCE

i mean hes far from bad i just dont understand why so many judges are saying hes a once in a generation player so soon. when he has yet to even play a full year in nrl. and other then his tremendous running game he hasnt even showed half of what DCE showed in his first fear years.

in saying that the people saying hes a superstar are far better talent judges then i am :P. so i will be excited to see if he can develop into the superstar player alot of people are saying he will be or will he just have one breakout year and become average once teams work him out?

very interesting times ahead next year thats for sure. and i hope locky and alfie can get the best out of him because god knows griffin wont :takdir:

He is 19 years old and wins games on his own.. He is a dead set freak

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Closing this thread until we have a chance to sort this little mess out.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Closing this thread until we have a chance to sort this little mess out.

Nothing in it at all let's now go back to discussing Milford

I can't wait to have him here he will bring a lot to our side unless Hook finds a way to stuff it up

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
nah apparently that's Baiting....

Strange how one admin edits all the post and then another goes along and it encourages it.
WTF are you going on about?

This thread is about Milford coming to the Broncos, and obviously those items are relevant to the topic.

The Qld - NSW banter doesn't belong here, nor do personal stabs at BHQ members.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
That article makes me feel unwell, because there are only two possible scenarios. We'll never know which, unless these journos start to put some direct quotes in there that are relevant to the 'scoop'.

Scenario 1 is that Stuart is bullshitting. In his head, Milford agreeing to 'consider' the Raider's deal is as good as a win, and he's covering his own arse and pretending that he almost got his mark if it wasn't for that pesky Lockyer.

Scenario 2 is that Gee was that fucking close to ballsing up Milford coming home. Yes, he was up against Ricky with cash to burn, but no excuses. If it wasn't for Lockyer than it looks like we'd have missed him. If we look at the rough dates, from where Ricky kept saying "the Raiders are still a chance", up to when Milford confirmed he was coming for sure, Gee's "personal time" is pretty much bang on the same time. Perhaps it was the last straw for the Broncos and isn't all just about salary cap rorts.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
If these figures are true then I'm really surprised that Milford is coming. Turning down 1.1mil a year to accept what I believe is supposed to be half that? Family situation aside I don't think many players accept our offer in that situation.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
If these figures are true then I'm really surprised that Milford is coming. Turning down 1.1mil a year to accept what I believe is supposed to be half that? Family situation aside I don't think many players accept our offer in that situation.

Perhaps the opportunity to play with the Brisbane Broncos is still worth 500 grand, contrary to what some might suggest.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Perhaps the opportunity to play with the Brisbane Broncos is still worth 500 grand, contrary to what some might suggest.

Or maybe it was the fact that he will be doing some work with the great Darren Lockyer that is worth 500k

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Mighty Bronx
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Rambstien
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Swordfish
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Aldo
  • Dexter
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Skathen
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.