[Official] - Milford signs with Broncos

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I didn't really like some of the dirty hits put on Milford yesterday. Especially the Moose hit and I think Reed bashed him a bit in a tackle. Yeah it is football but it seemed as if they were out there to hurt him as some sort of welcome to the Broncos 2015.

To be fair its footy and he isn't a bronco yet. They were shutting down the only attacking spark the raiders have.

If you flip things and it looked like they weren't putting good hits on him the same amount of people would be complaining that they aren't doing it

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
That supposed late/high shot Moose put on him was a joke.

Should never have been reported for that
Exactly. If they waved Papas and Scott's in Origin through, Moose shouldn't have a drama.

H

HVbronco

NYC Player
Oct 30, 2013
On next years team does anybody else agree it's prob best for all parties if Hoffman is released next year? I can't find a spot for him in the back line.
1 Barba
2 Vidot
3 Reed(has picked his game up lately)
4 Hodges
5 Copley
6 Milford
7 Hunt

No room for The Hoff.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
On next years team does anybody else agree it's prob best for all parties if Hoffman is released next year? I can't find a spot for him in the back line.
1 Barba
2 Vidot
3 Reed(has picked his game up lately)
4 Hodges
5 Copley
6 Milford
7 Hunt

No room for The Hoff.

If Hoff is happy to play wing ... and i mean play with his whole heart and not just phone it in, i certainly would find a place for him, in fact if he is willing to do that my lineup would be:

1 Barba
2 Vidot
3 Copley
4 Hodges
5 Hoffman
6 Milford
7 Hunt

don't get me wrong, i'm a fan of Reed, but that lineup is stronger.

teampjta

teampjta

QCup Player
Apr 3, 2014
If Hoff is happy to play wing ... and i mean play with his whole heart and not just phone it in, i certainly would find a place for him, in fact if he is willing to do that my lineup would be:

1 Barba
2 Vidot
3 Copley
4 Hodges
5 Hoffman
6 Milford
7 Hunt

don't get me wrong, i'm a fan of Reed, but that lineup is stronger.

Don forget Jordan Kahu (when not in a wheel chair)

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Don forget Jordan Kahu (when not in a wheel chair)

if all the players i named are fit and playing to their potential, i don't see a place for him in our full strength lineup. If we release hoffman, then he may have a place on the wing

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I can't see any scenario where Kahu gets a run, he's great depth though, hopefully he sticks around.

1. Barba
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Milford
7. Hunt
9. McCullough

Would be predicted line-up for the start of next year, Hoffman released.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
if all the players i named are fit and playing to their potential, i don't see a place for him in our full strength lineup. If we release hoffman, then he may have a place on the wing

Kahu would be behind Maranta as well, he doesn't have a future at the club.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
i'm sure kahu is a great guy and has great potential but he's way too injury prone. release him and re sign copley

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I'd like Hoggman to stay and resume his try scoring ways out on the wing. That said, he probably sees himself as a genuine 5/8 and may be hoping to play there next year. The writing appears clearly on the wall for him after the Lockyer/ Milford article so if he goes then I wish him luck. I just hope that before he does decide he's a Wally Lewis/ Darren Lockyer clone he reviews the tapes, checks his stats and also asks a few wise heads if he really is any good. No point asking his mates or family !

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
If Hoffman decided to was happy to play on the wing next year, I'd find a spot for him there for sure. Just too gun a finisher.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
The only concern I have with Milford playing five-eight, is that he may stop running the ball and just feel the need to just pass and kick.

I hope Lockyer encourages him to play to his strengths and play using his instincts, not just inside a structure.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The only concern I have with Milford playing five-eight, is that he may stop running the ball and just feel the need to just pass and kick.

I hope Lockyer encourages him to play to his strengths and play using his instincts, not just inside a structure.
Hunt has no trouble running the ball. Massive double threat with Hunt and Milford in the halves imo.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Hunt has no trouble running the ball. Massive double threat with Hunt and Milford in the halves imo.

Good point I just hope he isn't placed in a structure where which he is unable to run as much, although Hoffman runs the ball all the time so I guess it probably won't be a problem.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Good point I just hope he isn't placed in a structure where which he is unable to run as much, although Hoffman runs the ball all the time so I guess it probably won't be a problem.

Big difference between Milford and Hoffman, Milford has vision and asks questions of the opposition, Hoffman's only other option beside running it is kicking and even then its so rare that the opposition really only concern themselves with making sure his marked, he doesn't pass and the actual few times he has his managed to do so he makes an absolute meal of them.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Big difference between Milford and Hoffman, Milford has vision and asks questions of the opposition, Hoffman's only other option beside running it is kicking and even then its so rare that the opposition really only concern themselves with making sure his marked, he doesn't pass and the actual few times he has his managed to do so he makes an absolute meal of them.

Milford has the instincts to use the ball (and his body) to create something, yet I see him still more as a ball runner than ball player. In some ways, I prefer Barba as a play maker to Milford and would have Barba at 5/8 any day over Milford who I reckon is best at the back.

Hoffman is of course, not a 5/8 at all, but, he is a first class finisher, and wing is where his running game is at its best, when he isn't marked so closely by 2 or more tacklers who read his so, so obvious plays. Nevertheless he defended very well v Raiders and for mine, didn't screw up enough to stop us scoring points.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Milford has the instincts to use the ball (and his body) to create something, yet I see him still more as a ball runner than ball player. In some ways, I prefer Barba as a play maker to Milford and would have Barba at 5/8 any day over Milford who I reckon is best at the back.

Hoffman is of course, not a 5/8 at all, but, he is a first class finisher, and wing is where his running game is at its best, when he isn't marked so closely by 2 or more tacklers who read his so, so obvious plays. Nevertheless he defended very well v Raiders and for mine, didn't screw up enough to stop us scoring points.

I still believe Milford is the right guy to have at five-eight and Barba is the right guy to have at fullback.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

I still don't know what games I must have missed where Milford supposedly displayed creative ball playing skills. Barba looks like a better ball player atm, while Milford is a far better ball runner. I dunno about others here, but I'd prefer him being on the edges like a fullback, actually using that running game to full effect.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brocko
  • sooticus
  • eazy-duzzit
  • levikaden
  • broncsgoat
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • davidp
  • BroncosAlways
  • rnabokov
  • Galah
  • Robboi_321
  • Lurker
  • Painin the Haas
  • BroncosMan
  • Stix
  • MrMoore
  • Allo
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.