[Official] - Milford signs with Broncos

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Just being realistic.

well rumour has it that Hunt will be making his debut on Wednesday as DCE is under serious doubt from hip and knee injuries.

besides Thurston isn't young, and by the time he retires (probably in a couple of years max) Milford could be in prime position to take the 6 jumper.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Probably the wrong thread to discuss this, but I'm very nervous for Hunt. I now agree that he should get the opportunity over Milford, especially with Tony being pretty banged up at the moment. He doesn't look to be enjoying his footy much at the moment; who can blame him really...

I am not nervous for him, I am more excited at how he can improve and how much better he can be for the experience.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Would kill us if he is injured tho. :crutch:

Last edited:
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Wow this thread got snarky. Hunt has outplayed DCE for the better part if the season thus far. He is literally as close to debuting as he can be without being officially naned in the 7.

Is it such a stretch to imagine him and Milford playing origin together?

Of course DCE is the current favourite to be the long term 7, and I'm sure once he secures the spot he won't miss a single SOO game until the day hunt retires.

Last edited:
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Apart from the pressure Milf will feel he's under to perform.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Wow this thread got snarky. Hunt has outplayed DCE for the better part if the season thus far. He is literally as close to debuting as he can be without being officially naned in the 7.

Of course DCE is the current favourite to be the long term 7, and I'm sure once he secures the spot he won't miss a single SOO game until the day hunt retires.

I must be the odd one out here. For mine, DCE at his best is better than Hunt is at present. He thinks faster, is faster, and has a better kicking game, and is as good defensively.

Thing is, as you say in a way, DCE is playing less effectively than Hunt, at this moment in time. The question is, will and/or can DCE be at his best for Origin 2? He has too be or we are toast.

As for Hunt, the question for me is can he handle the pressure of Origin 2. Same goes for Milford if either/both of them play. It's a HUGE game.

Longer term, I think Hunt can be every bit as good as DCE if he continues to evolve as he doing at present, and he and Milford would make a top pair of halves down the track in Origin, and next year for us (although I still reckon Barba could be the better 5/8).

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I must be the odd one out here. For mine, DCE at his best is better than Hunt is at present. He thinks faster, is faster, and has a better kicking game, and is as good defensively.

Thing is, as you say in a way, DCE is playing less effectively than Hunt, at this moment in time. The question is, will and/or can DCE be at his best for Origin 2? He has too be or we are toast.

As for Hunt, the question for me is can he handle the pressure of Origin 2. Same goes for Milford if either/both of them play. It's a HUGE game.

Longer term, I think Hunt can be every bit as good as DCE if he continues to evolve as he doing at present, and he and Milford would make a top pair of halves down the track in Origin, and next year for us (although I still reckon Barba could be the better 5/8).

I think Milford is better defensively in the front line and also kicks better.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

I can see DCE and Hunt, I can't see Hunt and Milford (nor would I want to, as I'm not a NSW fan).

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I can see DCE and Hunt, I can't see Hunt and Milford (nor would I want to, as I'm not a NSW fan).

Why wouldn't you want a combination of Hunt and Milford? It would be dynamic and dangerous.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Why wouldn't you want a combination of Hunt and Milford? It would be dynamic and dangerous.

Sandow and Hampton would be dynamic and dangerous as well, but there's a lot more things apart from X-Factor that determines origin halves, Hunt is on the right path, improving his all around game, especially his defense and kicking game. Milford is wayyyy to raw to even be considered for origin, let alone in the halves, there's certainly the potential for 2 great origin halves, but let's not get ahead of ourselves too early.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Sandow and Hampton would be dynamic and dangerous as well, but there's a lot more things apart from X-Factor that determines origin halves, Hunt is on the right path, improving his all around game, especially his defense and kicking game. Milford is wayyyy to raw to even be considered for origin, let alone in the halves, there's certainly the potential for 2 great origin halves, but let's not get ahead of ourselves too early.

Yeah I know that it is way to early for Milford and Hunt to play origin together, I was just saying off potential that they in the future could possibly play together in the halves for Queensland.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

No one was suggesting Hunt is a better player than DCE :)

B

Bronco bob

NYC Player
Aug 9, 2012
Fucking Ricky has moved Milf to the bench and I wouldn't be surprised if he does it for the rest of the year, **** he is a child. Why didn't he just release him before June 30 and let him play for us.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Fucking Ricky has moved Milf to the bench and I wouldn't be surprised if he does it for the rest of the year, **** he is a child. Why didn't he just release him before June 30 and let him play for us.

well, he is obviously planning on losing the rest of his games this year ... Robinson is shit, he wouldn't even be in my team, bomb him and you win.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
For real? Milford is literally their only attacking weapon. Well, maybe Cornish too. Robinson is so suspect under the high ball.

Poor kid will probably be dropped by next week.

Unread

Active Now

• Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Organix
  • BroncoFan94
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.