[Official] - Milford signs with Broncos

Every club has their share of idiotic supporters, ourselves included.

Yeah they do mate, but we don't go onto other peoples forums condemning this behaviour like our fans are any different... that was my point

Yeah they do mate, but we don't go onto other peoples forums condemning this behaviour like our fans are any different... that was my point
Was bloody disgusting, anyone could see the strapping on his knee. Thankfully it was supposedly only a handful of people.

On the Campo debate he is going poorly, he either needs to start running or step aside so Cornish can come in. As for Wighton he's developing nicely and no comparison to Hoff at 5/8:laugh:

Last edited:
Wighton, Campese, Shillington, Fensom, Vaughn, Robinson and Allwood are all pretty good players if you ask me along with Milford and Croker.
Take Campo out and Robo has been poor this year but add Edwards and Boyd, much to my surprise even Buttriss has been looking decent this year. Papalii my guess came back from injury too soon.

Last edited:
Was bloody disgusting, anyone could see the strapping on his knee. Thankfully it was supposedly only a handful of people.

On the Campo debate he is going poorly, he either needs to start running or step aside so Cornish can come in. As for Wighton he's developing nicely and no comparison to Hoff at 5/8:laugh:

Hoffman is going great, just ask our coach. ;)

On a different note, If anyone wants to see Spider-Man 2 don't have Milf as a Facebook friend. Gave away the ending in a fucking status goddammit

On a different note, If anyone wants to see Spider-Man 2 don't have Milf as a Facebook friend. Gave away the ending in a ****ing status goddammit
Haha, yes, saw that! Some people not very happy!

Was killing time at work last night, so I read that greenhouse forum and the Milford thread. Complete waste of time. A lot of them talk some sense which is good to see, but there are some really bitter people on that forum as well.

That Greeneyed dude kept complaining that people on here were calling him "GE". That's a pretty strange thing to be annoyed about.

Besides that, it just seemed to be a big Broncos hate-fest. Talking about how The Broncos have everything handed to them and the Raiders are the downtrodden ugly child of the NRL and how they can't get 3rd party sponsorships.

Was killing time at work last night, so I read that greenhouse forum and the Milford thread. Complete waste of time. A lot of them talk some sense which is good to see, but there are some really bitter people on that forum as well.

That Greeneyed dude kept complaining that people on here were calling him "GE". That's a pretty strange thing to be annoyed about.

Besides that, it just seemed to be a big Broncos hate-fest. Talking about how The Broncos have everything handed to them and the Raiders are the downtrodden ugly child of the NRL and how they can't get 3rd party sponsorships.

well why are you suprised by this. come on there just fans like us and there club hasnt gone any were for a very very long time and the one bright light they have is more then likely leaving them. of course there bitter and there hatred for the club taking that player is great. its no differant then any other team. deep down they all know its not our fault and in a years time there hatred will die down for us once again. but in mean time there just venting id rather they vent there hate towards us and not milford as well. unlike the bulldogs fans

If it were the Roosters or Rabbitohs poaching players that we wanted to keep, I'd be saying the same thing.

Advantages the broncos have that other clubs don't have.

- Almost every week Friday night free to air exposure = more fans more money etc etc.
- One team in a rugby league city.
- Pick of the juniors from that one city.
- They are owned by the same company that owns the courier mail.
- They were owned by the same company that owned the half the NRL.
- The third party agreements that come from the above.

Arguably a lot of the above advantages weren't earned by the broncos directly either, but by the BRL clubs that came before them.

Eitherway, if you were supporting a club that had gone through 20 years of mediocrity only to have your best player taken by a club with the above advantages how would you feel about that club?

TBH I think if it was a Sydney club the uproar would be much much bigger.

Take solace in the fact that the only reason Milford signed with us is cause his family are here.

We don't have the pick of the juniors anymore and when a player like Inglis knocks you back that marks the end of an era.

Advantages the broncos have that other clubs don't have.

- Almost every week Friday night free to air exposure = more fans more money etc etc.
- One team in a rugby league city.
- Pick of the juniors from that one city.
- They are owned by the same company that owns the courier mail.
- They were owned by the same company that owned the half the NRL.
- The third party agreements that come from the above.

Arguably a lot of the above advantages weren't earned by the broncos directly either, but by the BRL clubs that came before them.

Eitherway, if you were supporting a club that had gone through 20 years of mediocrity only to have your best player taken by a club with the above advantages how would you feel about that club?

TBH I think if it was a Sydney club the uproar would be much much bigger.

Disadvantages the Broncos have that other clubs don't have.

- Losing star players every year
- We breed them, other clubs buy them
- Anthony Griffin
- No Sunday games making it harder for fans to get to some games
- Definitely don't have the pick of the juniors in our city, and I will never understand why people think we do. People either love or hate us and lots of Brisbane based juniors are fans of other clubs and therefore hate us.
- Being owned by the same company that owns the Courier Mail
- Having a whole state's media slander them constantly for their previous success
- Bill Harrigan
- Broncos greats helping other clubs
- Cap changes happen when other clubs lose players but we always lose players and nothing is said. What's the difference between Civoniceva and G. Stewart?

- Anthony Griffin
- Definitely don't have the pick of the juniors in our city, and I will never understand why people think we do. People either love or hate us and lots of Brisbane based juniors are fans of other clubs and therefore hate us.
- Having a whole state's media slander them constantly for their previous success
- Bill Harrigan
- Cap changes happen when other clubs lose players but we always lose players and nothing is said. What's the difference between Civoniceva and G. Stewart?

[LIKE X1000]

- Anthony Griffin
- Bill Harrigan

Exactly.

To expand on the Sunday games, we will likely lose a massive portion of the next generation of Broncos fans, simply because at the moment they're not allowed to stay up until 9:30 to watch games and there is one, maybe two, weekend afternoon games for families to go to all year. It might be a winner for the broadcast deal, but certainly not for game-day sponsors at the grounds. In fact, you could argue that if the Broncos on a Friday wasn't such a winner for Channel 9, we'd all be stuck with $4 million salary caps. Meaning the richer clubs would be even more likely to steal talent through 3rd party deals. You're fucking welcome, ingrates.

biggest thing left out of that list is no other team in the competition has as much pressure on there players as broncos. cant imagine how it would feel to have the wait of neally a whole state on you and judge every peformence. it is so much harder to perform for the broncos as opposed to a team like the raiders were if u play good or bad theres hardly a mention of it in the papers

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • jd87
  • Locky’s Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Manofoneway
  • Aldo
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.