[Official] Smith re-signs with the Storm

Exactly, let's hope that 1:30 will see it finally confirmed what we all know that smith is staying at the storm
With daylight savings shouldn't it have happened at 12:30?

Edit: Now it's apparently at 3pm (2pm our time).​

Last edited:
@storm: @Seanyboy25 there won't be any news today, he'll be talking about his first trial match this weekend #purplepride

Now they're just doing this on purpose to be a bunch of shit stirring wankers.

Now they're just doing this on purpose to be a bunch of shit stirring wankers.

Exactly. I'm sure it is to announce he's re-signing... Why treat us like idiots? Why have a press conference to talk about playing in a trial.

Quick brisbane call a press conference, Parker is really excited about playing in the trial match in Dunedin this weekend

In fairness, these are pretty routine press conferences and he is the captain, if the table was reversed I wouldn't give a stuff what the Melbourne fans made of the decision.

My hunch is that Broncos don't stand a chance. He used the negotiations as a way to be offered more money, which is exactly what Storm have done.

This is an interesting bit -
He [Bellamy] believed that the 30-year-old Australian captain was leaning towards staying rather taking up a multi-million dollar offer to return home to play with Brisbane.

However Smith refused to confirm or deny that on Thursday.

"That's Craig's opinion, I'm still a fair way off making a decision," Smith said.

"At the moment I'm still undecided on what my future holds.

I reckon Bellamy was trying to use the media to pressure Smith and Smith is getting p'off about it.

You don't say "That's x's opinion" if its true.

It's interesting reading all these media reports let me tell you. Cameron Smith is a great person regardless of where he goes and I think Craig Bellamy opening his mouth has certainly caused an issue there.

It's interesting reading all these media reports let me tell you. Cameron Smith is a great person regardless of where he goes and I think Craig Bellamy opening his mouth has certainly caused an issue there.

None of this makes a lot of sense. I don't understand why bellemy would say that, and it certainly doesn't seem like smith appreciated it. Do why would Bellamy try and stir him up

None of this makes a lot of sense. I don't understand why bellemy would say that, and it certainly doesn't seem like smith appreciated it. Do why would Bellamy try and stir him up

Bellamy seems like a pretty straight forward guy and I would say this whole situation has pissed him. I think he would appreciate the whole situation a lot more if it was already worked out so he could work out his options. I don't think he likes not being in control. You know what I'd like to see. Bellamy coaching a team that has none of the big 3. Slater should go to the Cowboys and Cronk should go somewhere else. I'd like to know how good a coach he would be without them.

My optimistic hunch is that Brisbane are trying to stitch up third party deals.
My pessimistic hunch is that Storm are trying to stitch up third party deals.

Who cares where the money comes from, the Storm never have. Haha

I think Bellamy may have offered him a yacht this time, but Smith is unhappy with the model so they're trying to source a new one and that's why there is a delay.

Last edited:

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.