NEWS Piehole: lol, I'm staying

Flanagan is an assistant at the Dragons right now, that's part of the reason I'm not overly sold on him being that good of a coach, he hasn't exactly done much to turn that team around.

They're 4-8 this year, they were 4-7 with 1 bye at the same time last year.
Yeah but Mcgreggor is an awful coach and he still has final say on most things.

Out of interest, of any coach (aside from Robinson/Bellamy) who would you pursue if you had the choice? There's slim pickings out there. Green is shit, Seibold is shit, Kearney is shit, Walters is probably shit but who knows, Flanagan is a proven winner, Toovey is reasonable, Walkers are an unknown.

Demetriou is probably the most promising of any coach but we burnt that bridge.

Last edited:

Out of interest, of any coach (aside from Robinson/Bellamy) who would you pursue if you had the choice? There's slim pickings out there. Green is shit, Seibold is shit, Kearney is shit, Walters is probably shit but who knows, Flanagan is a proven winner, Toovey is reasonable, Walkers are an unknown.

If Bellamy is off the table I'd go with Walters under the provision that he has 2 assistant coaches with 10+ years of NRL experience as assistant coaches or higher working alongside him.

Head Coach: Walters
Assistant Coach (Attack): Green
Assistant Coach (Defense): Kearney

Outside backs coaches / mentors: Hodges & JYY
Halves coaches / mentors: Langer & Lockyer
Forwards coaches / mentors: Parker & P.Ryan

He is eligible to be assistant coach only, so for all intents, he could easily run the show, he just can't have the official position of coach. Do exactly what St George have done, selection committee, and whatever else we need to satisfy the conditions of the suspension, and boot Seibold Nov 1st 2021.
Nope , 21st november 2020 ! Ha ha, pretty sure that's what you meant.

I don't think any of us are prepared to point the figure at Alfie for why Milford and Croft have been so rudderless, but he's probably their overseer. Someone else might know better.

Milf's kicking game has improved out of sight from what it used to be. He used to put it over the dead ball line literally every attacking kick. Still occasionally happens but it's way less common. I attribute this improvement to working with Alf.

Didn't want to admit this but Flanagan would be a real shot in the arm for this struggling club. Reckon his pep talks would go a long way to turning our tides. Until the Sydney media got hold of his secret methods anyway. Gallen, under Flanno's tutelage, went from an unlikable stitch-ripping thug to an 80 minute unlikable stitch-ripping thug.

Coaching has taken us into a really bad place over the last 18 months. He may well be the man to enhance our on-field performances. Easily. Ask yourself this though - do you believe the Sydney media would go easy on us for hiring a convicted drug cheatist who promptly ignored the terms of his ban and was involved in salary cap rorting? Truly?

Last edited:
Didn't want to admit this but Flanagan would be a real shot in the arm for this struggling club. Reckon his pep talks would go a long way to turning our tides. Until the Sydney media got hold of his secret methods anyway. Gallen, under Flanno's tutelage, went from an unlikable stitch-ripping thug to an 80 minute unlikable stitch-ripping thug.

Coaching has taken us into a really bad place over the last 18 months. He may well be the man to enhance our on-field performances. Easily. Ask yourself this though - do you believe the Sydney media would go easy on us for hiring a convicted drug cheatist who promptly ignored the terms of his ban and was involved in salary cap rorting? Truly?
Yeah. Bullshit. A total crock of shit. I'll go further, straight out lies.
Gallen made his debut 9 years BEFORE Flanagan became coach of Cronulla although Flanagan was an assistant coach from 2006.

Gallen set the record for most metres in a season, 3920 in 2005. He was already the best forward in the competition and best metre gainer of any player in the NRL 5YEARS BEFORE FLANAGAN WAS APPOINTED COACH IN 2010. Try being honest.

So there are 30 players, 1 Coach, 3 assistants, who are the other 16 people inside our bubble if they aren't bringing something to the table? Alfie takes up a spot so that's 15 left, does the front office get counted into this bubble?

There are more players than that, the playing squad is massive so players are getting opposition- Josh James is in there and he's not even in the 36.

I couldn't give a **** what the Sydney media write. In fact the more they disrespect us the better I like it. Nothing we do , ever has made a difference to the Shitney media, it's always been poison. Yep, I'd fucking happily take Flanagan. If people are happy with Lodge and Bellamy then Flanagan is an easy, YES PLEASE.

If you ***** think Flanno would fix our shit mess I’m down. Get him in.

unless you guys were the same ones saying Seibold was definitely going to work then boooo.

Last edited:
Thanks for all that. Just puzzling how we can't have good support staff and other teams look like their bubble is double the 50. WuFlu sombrero?

Any coach beside those 2?

Ivan Cleary and his son.
Brad Arthur
Ricky Stuart
Des Hasler
Michael McGuire

Probably in that order too.

I couldn't give a **** what the Sydney media write. In fact the more they disrespect us the better I like it. Nothing we do , ever has made a difference to the Shitney media, it's always been poison. Yep, I'd fucking happily take Flanagan. If people are happy with Lodge and Bellamy then Flanagan is an easy, YES PLEASE.
I wouldn't be happy with Bellamy, it would be nice to enjoy some success but his tactics are a blight on the game. Nor do I think Lodge is a relavant example. Lodge did the wrong thing, spent years out of the game and completely turned his life around. He copped a capital ship's load of heat for it and stood firm. From all accounts he is a better person now than the stupid young man he was.

Flanno shot up his players with boiled horse testicles and other superpower shite, feigned ignorance of the whole thing, copped a slap on the wrist then promptly defied the terms of his limited ban. When allowed back, his team managed to be over the salary cap every day of their premiership winning season except the day of the grand final. The bloke showed over and over again he won't change, and all of his success is in some way related to or based on cheating. Even if that doesn't bother you, you'd have to have rocks in your head to believe we'd get the same lenient treatment the NRL gives the Sharts.

Last edited:

If we were to tempted to try the path of a rookie coach again, I would try and get Fitzgibbon from the Roosters.

If we were to tempted to try the path of a rookie coach again, I would try and get Fitzgibbon from the Roosters.
Don't think he'd leave. If we were to get a rookie, be that Fitzgibbon or Walters, having a strong and experienced staff for him would be essential. People like Neil Henry who've seen it all before and have shedloads of experience without really being up for the head coaching role any more. I reckon Kevvie to give us back our culture along with assistants like maybe Jason Taylor could be a goer.

I wouldn't be happy with Bellamy, it would be nice to enjoy some success but his tactics are a blight on the game. Nor do I think Lodge is a relavant example. Lodge did the wrong thing, spent years out of the game and completely turned his life around. He copped a capital ship's load of heat for it and stood firm. From all accounts he is a better person now than the stupid young man he was.

Flanno shot up his players with boiled horse testicles and other superpower shite, feigned ignorance of the whole thing, copped a slap on the wrist then promptly defied the terms of his limited ban. When allowed back his, team managed to be over the salary cap every day of their premiership winning season except the day of the grand final. The bloke showed over and over again he won't change, and all of his success is in some way related to or based on cheating. Even if that doesn't bother you, you'd have to have rocks in your head to believe we'd get the same lenient treatment the NRL gives the Sharts.
What's noticeable is the complete absence of the name Gallen on your response. I wonder is that you have no clue concerning the facts? You could simply say, I got that part wrong as you very clearly did. What has 2011 got to do with other years and how are the events of that year remotely connected to subsequent years? I see no link? According to your logic(🤣) Lodge is still a thug because years before he acted like one.

Another thing you're trying to rationalize is an unsubstantiated allegation that Cronulla was over the cap every day except grand final day. Where's your evidence? Oh, you have none? That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Consider it dismissed.

Finally you consider that Lodge suffered but Flanagan didn't, what utter drivel. The reason the bans and punishment were lenient was quite simple, ASADA and the NRL had all the evidence and considered the punishment fitting. Get over it. It doesn't suit your narrative, you simply don't know the facts as evidenced by the idiotic assertion that Gallen suddenly became better because Flanagan administered him peds.

You seek to justify an ill informed position.

What's noticeable is the complete absence of the name Gallen on your response. I wonder is that you have no clue concerning the facts? You could simply say, I got that part wrong as you very clearly did. What has 2011 got to do with other years and how are the events of that year remotely connected to subsequent years? I see no link? According to your logic(🤣) Lodge is still a thug because years before he acted like one.

Another thing you're trying to rationalize is an unsubstantiated allegation that Cronulla was over the cap every day except grand final day. Where's your evidence? Oh, you have none? That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Consider it dismissed.

Finally you consider that Lodge suffered but Flanagan didn't, what utter drivel. The reason the bans and punishment were lenient was quite simple, ASADA and the NRL had all the evidence and considered the punishment fitting. Get over it. It doesn't suit your narrative, you simply don't know the facts as evidenced by the idiotic assertion that Gallen suddenly became better because Flanagan administered him peds.

You seek to justify an ill informed position.
Do you actually read the posts you spray words at?

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Fozz
  • kman
  • Skathen
  • GCBRONCO
  • Painin the Haas
  • Mustafur
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • mitch222
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.