Player physiques - Pre Season

Renegade

NRL Captain
You can't bring the roosters into this , look at the team they had.
Seibold looks like he ate TR .
So if our team sucks, why would Seibold losing any weight aid in that? Is there a hidden inverse ratio between his weight and our talent?

Renegade

NRL Captain
Jeez mate I'm just saying he is a bit chunky and needs to loose a few
I'm sorry Pagey it did seem like I was busting your balls, I'm just riding out the afternoon at work and you got caught in amongst that.

I'm usually with you on things like that, living healthier/fitness etc. Seibold could stand to lose some weight that's for sure.

Let's entertain your thought that you mentioned earlier - if you were a player, would your coaches weight come into play when he's jamming you on fitness?

lynx000

NRL Captain
Waiting to win lotto
I'm sorry Pagey it did seem like I was busting your balls, I'm just riding out the afternoon at work and you got caught in amongst that.

I'm usually with you on things like that, living healthier/fitness etc. Seibold could stand to lose some weight that's for sure.

Let's entertain your thought that you mentioned earlier - if you were a player, would your coaches weight come into play when he's jamming you on fitness?
Didn't seen to with Artie Beetson, Phil Gould etc. Actually, have you seen Mal lately??

pagey

NRL Captain

All good mate, it would definitely be in the back of my head. If I was getting drilled for being overweight and seen him strutting around, with his gut hanging out it would piss me off a bit.
But in saying that I'm very competitive and would want to be in the best shape I could be in, but all players/people aren't like that.

NSW stables

QCup Player
Just noticed on the NRL Gift Shop site, the Milf figurine has some fairly apparent love handles happening. Especially when you compare him to Darius who looks quite a bit trimmer.
View attachment 6692View attachment 6691

I'm waiting for the second series of action figures where they come with their "action" button. The first prototypes are already being developed:
-Boyd falls over,
-Milford waves his hands in the air appealing for a penalty
-Macca turns around and shruggs his shoulders and arms asking what is going on
-Bird falls apart
-Seibold shuffles his stats papers
-Fifita comes with a punch action but you have to buy the scooter separately.

Thelmus

NRL Player
I guess it doesn't matter what the coach looks like as long as he connects with the players. Bennet trained with the players for that reason. It was a tool in his set of tricks and it worked.
Maybe Siebold connects in other ways and that's fine, so long as he is getting through. I won't persecute him for his shape so long as the broncos run out with a sense of purpose and a game plan.
Some of the people who I most admired led by example, but it didn't always mean they did the same things I did.
My mum worked double shifts and one time a triple shift in various hospitals and aged care residency. She was one of the most kindest, gentle and bravest people I have ever met. She also smoke like a chimney.
The reason I never touched a cigarette was because I knew it would disappoint her.
She found a way to make me value her opinion without trying and without "setting an example".
That I saw her suffer from that addiction strengthened that conviction but it was not the initial reason.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Guys, play nice. No need for this personal rubbish, even if it isn't that severe. Try and be a little nicer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter