THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Watching the press conference Kev says “We had enough talent out there to win” I think that sums him up. He relies on the talent of the players, with absolutely no talent from the coaching staff (him). We have no set plays? We have not won a single short kick/dropout all year despite about 40 attempts, and our defence is abysmal. He has to go.

Watching the press conference Kev says “We had enough talent out there to win” I think that sums him up. He relies on the talent of the players, with absolutely no talent from the coaching staff (him). We have no set plays? We have not won a single short kick/dropout all year despite about 40 attempts, and our defence is abysmal. He has to go.
That’s exactly how Bennett coached except he had them running a very simple game plan.

I don't think we win another game all year, which makes for a well and truly a sackable season.

I'm wondering what has really changed from last year?

Looking at our roster, losing Flegler and Farnworth was huge. Haas and Reynolds missed a big chunk of the season. Walsh missed quite a bit too. Those factors are enough for me to say it's forgivable to not be top 4.

For us to be staring down the barrel of a bottom-3 finish is a glaring signal that there were systemic issues this year.

Did the coaching staff fail to prepare the team physically in the off-season? It feels like we're weaker than we were last year.

Has the gameplan changed notably? I don't think it has. I think we're trying to do exactly what we did in the back half of last season, except we're doing it with worse players so it's not coming off.

I remember when Kev took over in 2021 he talked about having to rein the players in because they were playing a style of football that they weren't good enough to play yet. This feels like exactly the kind of thing he should be doing again, but I don't think that's going to happen.

All in all it's a massive shame. Aside from the GF, last year was one of my favourite seasons following the club. For it have all crumbled so quickly is baffling to me.

No idea. We’re now a laughing stock across the league. Anyone who knows football is laughing at Walsh and all his diving and errors
Not really, Walsh is still one of the most dangerous attacking players in the game, pointing fingers at individual players when its a multitude of factors is silly.

Something just isnt right, but being fair, its not the first time we have seen this team implode and collapse under Kevvie. And i know i keep saying it, but i still think it comes down to us not getting the basics of the game right. Run hard, make your tackles and complete your sets, then build off the back of that. We are coached to do the spectacular which is a problem.
For me, I saw this in round one.

Another poster put out the line of high risk football, and be able to defend the errors. I hated that line then; I'm more visceral now.

That line is everything that is wrong with the Broncos. I've given Lee Briers a bath in other posts.

The lack of respect for the fundamentals of the game is astonishing. The line really should be, earn the right to throw the football. I'm not sure what happened in the off season, but the Broncos started round one like they deserved to win.

Funny that the question of Kevin as coach has 285 pages in just 4 years. Knowing the result, I feel for Kevin. He has looked forlorn for a while now. He made some tough choices regards to Lodge, TPJ, and Ofahengaue. Kevin will have some time in 2025 to right the ship. I believe the choices he makes in the off season will determine his fate. He needs regain control of this team.

Yet he wants to blame all his teammates when he ***** up over and over again on the field.
He is frustrated and understandably, not really something to look into in depth over a split second action.

Walsh fucked up just as much last year though, but our team had more confidence to deal with it too.

**** it head hunt Flanno... will still have nepotism, but he's storm kryptonite... first with the sharks now with a dargs outfit that was tipped for the spoon.

Beating the storm every year and falling into the 8... might take that

I would kill for just 5 years of consistent football where we were there or thereabouts.
I would take a premiership tilt every second year and a guaranteed spoon inbetween, than that mediocre shit

To be fair to Walsh though, Corey Oates has been fucking pathetic, so I can’t blame him for blasting him.

Walsh makes too many errors, but he is also the only way we score any points at all…
That’s pass was never on. Ridiculous hospital pass. He throws those bullshit passes every week and expects his teammate to just get rattled while he never puts his own body on the line

And I think he is completely wrong when he says that too.

Riki, Walters, Mariner,Oats with possibly a few others are not good enough to be in a side serious enough to win a comp. Plus a few of the injured players. Our complete squad is so out of balance and so poor over all that we are sitting exactly where we deserve to be.

I would take a premiership tilt every second year and a guaranteed spoon inbetween, than that mediocre shit
Yeah wouldn't we all. I guess I have lower standards. Consistent football would be golden.

And I think he is completely wrong when he says that too.

Riki, Walters, Mariner,Oats with possibly a few others are not good enough to be in a side serious enough to win a comp. Plus a few of the injured players. Our complete squad is so out of balance and so poor over all that we are sitting exactly where we deserve to be.
Riki and Walters were literally in a side that should have won it last year though. Talent is not the issue at this club. Attitude is

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.