THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Riki and Walters were literally in a side that should have won it last year though. Talent is not the issue at this club. Attitude is
I understand that but I just don't see them as the guys you want to build a premiership winning side around, I really wanted Riki to be out answer but feel he has gone backwards something crazy this season. He isn't half the player. All in all I don't see a quick fix here.

And I think he is completely wrong when he says that too.

Riki, Walters, Mariner,Oats with possibly a few others are not good enough to be in a side serious enough to win a comp. Plus a few of the injured players. Our complete squad is so out of balance and so poor over all that we are sitting exactly where we deserve to be.

Add Jenson as anything but bench depth to that list.

I understand that but I just don't see them as the guys you want to build a premiership winning side around, I really wanted Riki to be out answer but feel he has gone backwards something crazy this season. He isn't half the player. All in all I don't see a quick fix here.
Everyone except maybe Willson have gone backwards this season. Riki has been poor but having no competition for your spot makes you complacent. He’s no star but we need guys who aren’t stars.

That’s pass was never on. Ridiculous hospital pass. He throws those bullshit passes every week and expects his teammate to just get rattled while he never puts his own body on the line
Walsh puts his body on the line arguably more than most, but you do realise that Spine players like him ideally don't want to be taking the tackle because it takes them out of the next one which they are crucial for the attacking play.

Bro he throws shit passes every week yes, but he puts his body on the line every week. That's a shit take tbh.
If you say so. He is capable of so much more if he ever gets his mindset right

Yet he wants to blame all his teammates when he ***** up over and over again on the field.

I think its bullshit Kevvie is defending him for it just because he is a " Superstar ". While he is only 22, he's played over 70 games in the NRL and its his 4th year as an NRL player. He's not a novice. You cant use the " he's a kid, he is still learning " excuse forever with him.

He threw a shit pass then failed to take any responsibility for it. He rightly should be called out for that and the coach should be calling him out on that. Being a competitor doesnt mean you have to be abusive to make yourself look better when you **** up. I've got no problems with him trying stuff, just dont come out with crap like that when you get it wrong.

I think its bullshit Kevvie is defending him for it just because he is a " Superstar ". While he is only 22, he's played over 70 games in the NRL and its his 4th year as an NRL player. He's not a novice. You cant use the " he's a kid, he is still learning " excuse forever with him.

He threw a shit pass then failed to take any responsibility for it. He rightly should be called out for that and the coach should be calling him out on that. Being a competitor doesnt mean you have to be abusive to make yourself look better when you **** up. I've got no problems with him trying stuff, just dont come out with crap like that when you get it wrong.
This is why I’m saying Walsh has become a huge issue. He’s not improving where he should be. In game decision making and most of all positioning as a fullback are getting worse. If Kevvie can’t deliver honest and frank criticism to him then he’s not the right guy. If Walsh can’t handle that criticism then he’s not the right guy for my club.

This is why I’m saying Walsh has become a huge issue. He’s not improving where he should be. In game decision making and most of all positioning as a fullback are getting worse. If Kevvie can’t deliver honest and frank criticism to him then he’s not the right guy. If Walsh can’t handle that criticism then he’s not the right guy for my club.

He's always been a bit of a hothead tbf. I dont think he is a bad bloke at all, but he needs to settle down a bit on the field. I get his frustration, i think everyone is frustrated, but you cant go around bagging your team mates.

Walsh is not the problem, he is trying too hard to do everything and come up with a miracle play because they literally have nothing else. Put some structure around him and we would be lethal just through his acceleration alone.

He's always been a bit of a hothead tbf. I dont think he is a bad bloke at all, but he needs to settle down a bit on the field. I get his frustration, i think everyone is frustrated, but you cant go around bagging your team mates.
Certainly not a bad guy but he’s not being much of a team player. With greatness comes great responsibility and right now he’s letting himself and his team mates down

Walsh is not the problem, he is trying too hard to do everything and come up with a miracle play because they literally have nothing else. Put some structure around him and we would be lethal just through his acceleration alone.
Miracle plays every time we have the ball is a huge part of the problem. We need to build pressure like the good clubs do. Instead we throw it a way week in and week out

He's not the whole problem, but aspects of his game are a problem ( and you could level that at the majority of our team to some extent ). A modern day fullback cant just be an attacking, excitement machine. You have to organise the blokes in front of you and you have to be sound defensively. Kevvie and the coaches should be working on the fullback basics with him. He doesnt need help with his attack, its elite, its the other aspects i'm concerned about, especially with the kind of money we are talking about paying him.

Need to be fair to Kevvie here as well, i got it wrong, it was Arey defending his outburst, not Kevvie.
There has been talk that some at club go to water if they get revved by coaching staff. Feels like that is becoming a problem for the coach who can’t give the guys the criticism they need without tears flowing

He's not the whole problem, but aspects of his game are a problem ( and you could level that at the majority of our team to some extent ). A modern day fullback cant just be an attacking, excitement machine. You have to organise the blokes in front of you and you have to be a sound defensively. Kevvie and the coaches should be working on the fullback basics with him. He doesnt need help with his attack, its elite, its the other aspects i'm concerned about, especially with the kind of money we are talking about paying him.
Maybe we shouldn’t sign a flintstone to drive a Ferrari? He can’t teach himself.

Maybe we shouldn’t sign a flintstone to drive a Ferrari? He can’t teach himself.

I reckon its pretty basic stuff for him to pick up. I know he cops a lot of crap for how he finished up here, but Boyd was a pretty good fullback before his body collapsed on him. I wonder how much fullback work he does with Walsh.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.