Predict the Queensland 17

Some of it may be due to that, but he's been missing tackles, dropping balls and making too many errors for such a seasoned player.

playing way out of position at 5/8 wouldn't be doing him any good either
he was pretty solid last week though
I think he will be right once the roosters get Pearce back. He has a decent combo with him

I can't believe Milford won't be playing Origin this year, he would slice NSW to bits...

playing way out of position at 5/8 wouldn't be doing him any good either
he was pretty solid last week though
I think he will be right once the roosters get Pearce back. He has a decent combo with him
Would still go with Papalii on the left edge, although I can't see the value of Guerra on the bench...

Lowe and Shillo are also putting their hand up, so the selection should be interesting.

Would still go with Papalii on the left edge, although I can't see the value of Guerra on the bench...

Lowe and Shillo are also putting their hand up, so the selection should be interesting.

Shillo?? No mate his hand is not up.

There's no doubt that Papalii has to be in the 17 somewhere but is his defence good enough to protect JT on the left edge?

Shillo?? No mate his hand is not up.
He turned back the clock and has been very good for the Tits this season, besides he has the experience.
Having said that, I would have Moose and/or Napa ahead of him on the bench, with Myles and Scott starting in the front row, but he is an option just in case...

He turned back the clock and has been very good for the Tits this season, besides he has the experience.
Having said that, I would have Moose and/or Napa ahead of him on the bench, with Myles and Scott starting in the front row, but he is an option just in case...

Must be watching different games to me. Napa is banned this year so he won't be picked. Also there is no way Myles should be getting picked.

Must be watching different games to me. Napa is banned this year so he won't be picked. Also there is no way Myles should be getting picked.

Disagree. Myles is one of those players that lifts for Origin. I remember the tears from the Roosters fans after his mediocre start to the season, only to rip in for Origin. I admit, his form is concerning but I think he deserves a shot in the first game.

Myles had a shocking start but he's been good these past couple of weeks.

I thought he was one of the better players on the park on Thursday. His presence in the ruck prevented Parra from playing the brand of footy they're used to.

I don't see any reason to drop him at this stage - just Myles being Myles.

Last edited:
1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Morgan (can swap with Boyd in attack)
5. Feldt
6. JT
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Cooper
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. McGuire
15. Papalii
16. Thaiday
17. Lillyman

I know it won't happen but I'm surprised nobody has Cooper in their team.

Seems like I should talk down Guerra more often, had his best game of the season tonight.

Do any of you really think Qld will go with 4 forwards on the bench?? Seriously put a utility player in there and be realistic.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I like what Mal did with the forwards, I hope Kev names a similar squad. If Papalii has a good game for Australia that should cement his spot in the starting squad for Queensland.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. O'Neill
5. Feldt
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith (c)
10. Myles
11. Papalii
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Morgan
15. Guerra
16. Thaiday
17. McGuire

Would prefer Napa over Guerra obviously, but this'll do for this series.

I like what Mal did with the forwards, I hope Kev names a similar squad. If Papalii has a good game for Australia that should cement his spot in the starting squad for Queensland.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. O'Neill
5. Feldt
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith (c)
10. Myles
11. Papalii
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Morgan
15. Guerra
16. Thaiday
17. McGuire

You would assume McGuire would be starting now that he is in the Australian team.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. O'Neill
5. Feldt
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith (c)
10. Myles
11. Papalii
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Morgan
15. Guerra
16. Thaiday
17. McGuire

I dont know about having a second rower on the bench, I mean both Gillet and Papalii can play 80 minutes so i would rather play another forward on the bench

Fullback worries me a bit .I know Boyd's form is better this year , but he is certainly not back to his best. GI really needs to lift as of now. If the side was picked solely on current form (which it never is) Munster would be there. As it stands I would sooner probably still have GI at full back and Boyd on the wing , where he has never let us down.

I also think Nat Myles should put in a few more solid performances to deserve a position

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Lazza
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • sooticus
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.