Predicted Queensland Line-Up Game III

Status
Not open for further replies.
FoxSports are reporting that Ben T'eo has been rumoured to be included in the side for game 3 !!

FoxSports are reporting that Ben T'eo has been rumoured to be included in the side for game 3 !!
He would definitely bring some much needed mongrel to the side, but I'd be worried about his potential brain snaps...

He would definitely bring some much needed mongrel to the side, but I'd be worried about his potential brain snaps...

I wonder who he would be replacing ?

Taylor perhaps ??

Te'o will replace Gillett IMO.

Te'o will replace Gillett IMO.
Nah, I don't think Gillett is in any danger, and that Telegraph article seems to indicate that as well.

Looks like Te'o may very well be the bolter for Taylor's place, and Parker will probably be on standby for Harrison.

Nah, I don't think Gillett is in any danger, and that Telegraph article seems to indicate that as well.

Looks like Te'o may very well be the bolter for Taylor's place, and Parker will probably be on standby for Harrison.

If they drop taylor and give gillet another go its a bad move. We all know what taylor is capable of, its just a matter of getting it out of him! Oh well, very happy if te'o is actually named tomorrow. He is the speed and aggression we need in our backrow

If they drop taylor and give gillet another go its a bad move. We all know what taylor is capable of, its just a matter of getting it out of him! Oh well, very happy if te'o is actually named tomorrow. He is the speed and aggression we need in our backrow
That's the point though. I don't deny any of Taylor's footballing abilities, although I will still argue that at their best, I prefer Gillett, but that is a different discussion altogether, and neither of them is close to their best at the moment.

I see Gillett becoming much better with time and perseverance, but not Taylor. When it comes to what's between the ears, Taylor is not Origin material, simple as that. You're willing to give him another chance, and that's fair enough, but I've earmarked him as "Never to put a maroon jersey on again"!

That's the point though. I don't deny any of Taylor's footballing abilities, although I will still argue that at their best, I prefer Gillett, but that is a different discussion altogether, and neither of them is close to their best at the moment.

I see Gillett becoming much better with time and perseverance, but not Taylor. When it comes to what's between the ears, Taylor is not Origin material, simple as that. You're willing to give him another chance, and that's fair enough, but I've earmarked him as "Never to put a maroon jersey on again"!

Well i agree in parts. I think i said in this thread or another, that if taylor doesnt stand up this game, a line should be put this his name for the future. But, he has the ability to tear a game open, whereas gillet really doesnt imo. Id give him this one last game, coz if he cant fire up after all the stuff that has been said, in front of a home crowd, in a decider, then he never will

dropping taylor instead of Gillett is stupid.

Gillett looks even MORE out of his depth than Taylor, and has been in poor club form. Taylor has been killing it for souths, so at least hes got the hope of bringing that form to origin, whereas Gillett doesnt.

they should give taylor one more match to prove he has what it takes to play origin. if he again fails to do anything, hes done. make it known to him - tell him "unless you play your guts out tonight, your origin career is probably done". if that doesnt make him aim up, nothing will.

Gillett needs to be dropped and brought back in possibly next year or the year after when he has more club level experience, hopefully with finals experience again, as he will no doubt be better for it. he has huge question marks on his defense, and goes missing in attack. out of the 2, Gillett is playing worse at club and played worse in the origin as he was completely MIA. at least Taylor got his hands on the ball enough to drop it.

Te'o is the aggression that our forward pack needs, so hopefully he is in the team and not just 18th man.

pretty sure i was the first to suggest him for origin 3 as well btw :P

Really don't like the Te'o selection.

If he manages to land one of his trademark shoulder charges it could make an huge impact on the game and could even start a biff.

If he manages to land one of his trademark shoulder charges it could make an huge impact on the game and could even start a biff.

The good thing is, i cant see one of te'o shoulder charges getting penalised in origin (unless the player stays down). Hodges thought about staying down in game 2 after a high shot by Stewart but he got up because i imagine in his head he was thinking "dont take a dive in origin!!!". I reckon Te'o could potentially prove that he should be there for the long run.

Really don't like the Te'o selection.

why not? serious question.

I think its a great selection, if its true of course. he hits and he hits hard, hes a great line runner and can sniff out a try. hes also not a huge powderpuff like pretty much every other one of our forward pack.

Three reasons...

1. He's just another James Tamou. A former Junior Kiwi who didn't move over until he was 15-16, was apart of their train on squad in 07 & didn't mention anything about being a Queenslander until 2010 when he was coerced.

2. He's too erratic. A highlight reel player who loves to put on a big shot even if it's at the expense of his side. He can run a nice gap every once and a while, but they are bloody rare in Origin & he doesn't offer much else.

3. STOP SELECTING BRONCOS PLAYERS FFS! lol

Three reasons...

1. He's just another James Tamou. A former Junior Kiwi who didn't move over until he was 15-16, was apart of their train on squad in 07 & didn't mention anything about being a Queenslander until 2010 when he was coerced.

2. He's too erratic. A highlight reel player who loves to put on a big shot even if it's at the expense of his side. He can run a nice gap every once and a while, but they are bloody rare in Origin & he doesn't offer much else.

3. STOP SELECTING BRONCOS PLAYERS FFS! lol

Absolutely no different to Taylor or Gillet, so as long as he replaces one of them, whats the difference?

The difference is both of those players can play on the left hand fringe (and play better there too). Te'o plays on the right, which is already occupied by Thaiday.

Taylor can also be used as a battering ram, Te'o is only good on the fringes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • whykickamoocow
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.