Prelim Finals Discussion

I think that's the 97/98 Broncos.

Apparently the 97 premiership doesn't count.

Although, I think that side was better.

Last edited:
Congrats to the Rabbitohs for shutting Fittler up. The trophy is a distant second, imo.

South Sydney marches on!

Hope you're screaming your lungs out right now Twiz.

Glory Glory to South Sydney!

If Souths turn up and play like this next week then the premiership is theirs, no question. I just hope they stumble at the finish line, again, like always.

If Penrith win tomorrow night what happens with Gould? Is he contractually forbidden from commentating the Panthers?

I don't see why he would be contractually forbidden but it's an interesting question.

We remain the last club to go back to back and will remain so for the foreseeable future if Souffs win the Premiership. They won't win again next year without S. Burgess, Merritt and Te'o. I guess that is one takeaway of Souffs winning.

Last edited:
Not wanting to put the boot in, but when the going got tough Pierce an Baloney went missing. Show ponies!

Souths were just far to good in the end and deservedly won. They are a different side to last year as the memories of the lost preliminary finals would've driven them and they've most likely learnt from the mistakes from those 2 years. Congrats to Mini on a wonderful career you will be missed. A true legend of the game and one of the best fullbacks I've ever seen.

Can't wait for the game tommorow

Now Roosters fans are claiming the game was rigged.

LOL!!

If Panthers beat the Bulldogs and beat the Rabbitohs in the Grand Final, would that be up there as one of the biggest shock wins in history?

I don't recall many people regarding them as a team capable of winning the premiership this year. Hell, not many people even thought they could make the top 4. Add the injury concerns..

I think it could be up there. Probably not the biggest, though.

Last edited:
If Panthers beat the Bulldogs and beat the Rabbitohs in the Grand Final, would that be up there as one of the biggest shock wins in history?

I don't recall many people regarding them as a team capable of winning the premiership this year. Hell, not many people even thought they could make the top 4. Add the injury concerns..

I think it could be up there. Probably not the biggest, though.

Knights in 2001 would be up there. Mostly because of Parramatta themselves though.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Xzei
  • Rowdy124
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.