QLD Team

Kickass. Very happy with that team.

Will Slater be suspended? Was he put on report or anything?

Nashy said:

Slater escaped being cited. Buggers me how, he had a good go at Hayne with his elbow. Just lucky it missed I guess.

m1c said:
Nashy said:

Slater escaped being cited. Buggers me how, he had a good go at Hayne with his elbow. Just lucky it missed I guess.

the match review commissioner basically said that if Slater had connected he would have been charged

Nice work from the Queensland selectors.

is there something wrong with tuqiri?? i mean im glad folau was picked but surely tuqiri would have been a more than suitable replacement i just didnt think they needed to go back on there word

Yeah, kinda strange that Shillington is starting ahead of Hannant.

Not strange at all. Shillington and Scott were the incumbents, Hannant is being called in. Incumbents get the honour of starting, new player joins the bench.

Alec said:
So Civo starts on the bench in game 3?

No, he's still an incumbent. He's only missing due to injury.

Hannant was out injured for game 1, yes. But the 2010 series is a new series, and thus the players who did the job in game 1 get preference. Civoniceva is one of those players.

Coxy said:
Not strange at all. Shillington and Scott were the incumbents, Hannant is being called in. Incumbents get the honour of starting, new player joins the bench.

I agree some what. I think it has more to do with the fact that Hannant couldnt keep up with the pace of a normal NRL game last weekend because of his injury and not having done much fitness work. Hannant has only played 2 games in past 5-6 weeks so thats why he is on the bench IMO. He comes onto the field in the 25th minute he will be able to keep up with the pace a bit more.

Besides Shillington and Scott have been awsome this year. I dont think we loose anything at all with Shillington starting and Hannant off the bench. Civo is a different story though if he came back he would straight back into the starting side, he has proved himself time after time and he has earnt the rite to start!!!!!

ronnyd said:
does price start off the bench for game 3 then?

Considering he's barely played a game all year, yes, if he even gets picked.

Main difference between NSW and Qld selectors... The latter have a brain and actually use it :!:

Very happy with the choices and even Yow Yeh as the 18th man, who they probably have earmarked as a future SOO player with the departure of Folau and possibly Inglis.
With those 2 gone, our depth in the backs will suddenly be very shallow...

Perfect team.

Hannant should be on the bench, Shillo and Scott have been going great, Scott was the Cowboys best player last night.

Active Now

• Canga
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Rambstien
  • Painin the Haas
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • bert_lifts
  • Galah
  • MrRobot
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.