Rd25, Broncos vs Cowboys - Build up thread

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Who does Clinton come in for next week? I think we'll need him out there, a no nonsense metre eater. We really struggled making metres most of this match.

Also, gotta feel sorry for Thurston for playing for such a poor side. Thurston is possibly the most passionate NRL player in the comp, and the side just doesn't seem to come anywhere near close to matching his passion.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Broncos have an enormous score to settle with Canberra and themselves at home next week .... R-E-V-E-N-G-E

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Refs were poor tonight but they made bad calls on both sides.

We need Clinton, tonight showed we need more grunt up the middle. Either Setu or Carrol to go.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We played pretty ordinary tonight but we got the win so I am wrapped. Showed some good determination in the second half which wil be needed come finals time.

S

Scumbag

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
That was an atrocious game.

Ball handling, imagination in attack, finishing off plays, field goals etc. need to be seriously attended to.

N

NPK

QCup Player
Mar 10, 2008
How was the chargedown prior to Tonga's try not playing at the ball? The tackle count should have been reset.

Yow Yeh's try was awesome!

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Fozz said:
Refs were poor tonight but they made bad calls on both sides.

We need Clinton, tonight showed we need more grunt up the middle. Either Setu or Carrol to go.

I just detest the way they favour the team that's trailing in games INVARIABLY !! Again tonight they FIND a knock on in the dying seconds to set up a grandstand finish for the team that's trailing ... It's almost become as obvious and ridiculous as basketball ...

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Oh yeah, and I just wanted to add that Nick Kenny had to be the best forward out there for us. The only one making consistent metres out there.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Alec said:
Oh yeah, and I just wanted to add that Nick Kenny had to be the best forward out there for us. The only one making consistent metres out there.

he was a very very shrewd re-signing for Brisbane ...

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Just love the passion and enthusiasm at the moment, been a long time since I've seen Locky give the refs a gobful like he did, after fulltime. Refereeing was not the best tonight I'll agree but it went both ways as the 1st try of ours was forward and the touchie missed it.

For mine Thaiday had a huge game in his 100th in front of all the bros and sis' in the Ville.

I thought we played into their hands a bit tonight and played their game rather than our own, but whoevr has fixed the defence kudos to them (especially if it is you Peter Ryan as it was atrocious not long ago)

Good to have Izzy back, but for mine he actually looked lost in the centres. Agree with someone above that Clinto needs to definately come back into the side, and for mine Tunza should be the one missing out, great player that he is he can only go 10-15 minute stints at the most.

Loving the work Macca is doing at dummy half, and a huge game by Wally in defence tonight. Sims was quieter than he has been and needs to re-shave that head as he's been playing better when bald of late (reverse Samson [icon_wink )

A solid effort tonight, grinding out a courageous win with our defence, but a lot of work to do if we want to beat the top 4 sides especially away in the finals.

D

db1459

BRL Player
May 18, 2009
I would be moving Izzy back onto the wing. Although maybe the finger injury had something to do with it. He would have got shown up badly by a better side tonight.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Thaiday looked like a black ron jeremy lol.

agree with alec too, feel sorry for thurston, certainly has a lot of passion for the game

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Russo said:
I thought we played into their hands a bit tonight and played their game rather than our own, but whoevr has fixed the defence kudos to them (especially if it is you Peter Ryan as it was atrocious not long ago)

Amazing how just taking one complete defensive nuffie out of the side can make the whole team suddenly look like champions in defence.

J

Jazza

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
How good is Yow Yeh? Can he play fullback? Seriously, if he's played there before he'd be my first choice for next season.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Can't believe the reffing in this game - The cowbs were allowed to hold us down and get away with murder all game - they pushing of yow yeh 15 metres was ridiculous - but it was good to see some passion from DLockyer - thought, as he is a broncos I'm sure he'll get 40 weeks on the sideline for contrary conduct - wouldn't want those drag-queen supporters to put all their tickets on eBay

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Good win, we played crap and got 2 points over a desperate side. Thought Thaiday was outstanding both in attack and defense he led the way all night and even though he committed one really silly error he was one of many on either side to do so. Think Kenny needs a spell back on the bench and Clinton straight in for him, he gets dominated very easily and it has been getting worse of late. Our attack was off and none of the backs (barring Yow Yeh and Hodges had his moments) played great and we scraped how which on dewy nights in September in Sydney is all you need to do to get to the next week of the finals. This was a massive banana peel which we narrowly avoided slipping on and I don't see us dropping that much ball or kicking that poorly again.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Extremely frustrating match.

We tried to force a lot of our plays and it showed. Some of the decision making was questionable, especially in those last ten minutes but i'm delighted we held out.

Yow Yeh's try changed the game IMO. Put us on the front foot and left the Cowboys demoralised.

Anyway, much to improve on.

Active Now

• Totally Unr3al
  • the_next
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Skathen
  • simplythebest
  • Bronx48
  • Midean
  • Maroon4life
  • BroncosMan
  • Dash
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • GCBRONCO
  • Rookie Alan
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mrslong
  • Sproj
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • bert_lifts
  • Slippin Jimmy
... and 68 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.