Ricky Stuart is a fraud

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Sorry I should've mentioned them as players that became representative players under him.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
CRANKY Canberra coach Ricky Stuart has accused Brisbane of being one of the NRL's worst clubs for player development after losing the fight for homesick fullback Anthony Milford.

The new Raiders coach, who used family reasons as an excuse for walking out on Parramatta two months ago, unloaded on the Broncos for signing Milford from 2015 and reuniting the teenager with his family and ill father in Brisbane.
The Broncos have produced 40 internationals since the club's inception in 1988, while Canberra have had 20 since 1982.
In the past five years Brisbane juniors such as Matt Gillett, Alex Glenn, Josh Hoffman, Jack Reed, Jharal Yow Yeh, Darius Boyd and Gerard Beale all graduated to rep honours with the club.
Canberra, meanwhile, have had Josh Dugan, Blake Ferguson, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Josh Papalii and David Shillington pull on rep jumpers while at the Raiders.
Three of them were recruited from rival clubs, including Learoyd-Lahrs from the Broncos.
In an interview with the Canberra Times, Stuart fumed about the Raiders developing players and then having them poached by bigger clubs.
"Why should we develop kids for other clubs like the Broncos, who have been probably one of the worst clubs over the last five years for development, yet they'll go and pinch Anthony Milford and Cameron Smith," Stuart said.
While at Parramatta, Stuart poached Bronco Corey Norman for the Eels, only to flee to Canberra after a wooden spoon season.
Broncos' officials did not want to enter a slanging match with Stuart yesterday but coach Anthony Griffin made no apologies for bringing Queensland talent back home to bolster his existing roster.
"It's a real focus of our club to produce our own players but when we've seen a need to go out in the market we have," Griffin said.
"We haven't been just going out to grab whoever we get, we've got a plan the last year and at the moment things are going OK.
"A lot of young Brisbane players sometimes leave the state to go to other clubs and then want to return.
"That was obviously part of Anthony's decision to come back here.
"That was a no-brainer as far as the Broncos should always be attractive to Brisbane and Queensland players otherwise we're not doing our business properly.
"If it was a money issue he would have stayed in Canberra."

The signing for 2015 at least puts an end to the Milford saga, even if the player wanted to be in Brisbane immediately.
Canberra were prepared to take the matter to court and Milford simply wanted the drama to end.
"He's happy the frenzy is over because it was all getting out of hand," Milford's manager Sam Ayoub said.
"He will be in Brisbane in 2015-16 and that's a good move for him."
Milford's decision to join Ben Barba at the Broncos, by 2015 at the latest, further clouds fullback Josh Hoffman's future at Red Hill.
Griffin refused to discuss Hoffman at yesterday's press conference, his demeanour suggesting the social media jibes by Canterbury players about a release have not been well received.
Griffin has far more pressing headaches, such as who will play in his halves next season now the club must wait another 12 months for the player who would have walked into the role.

Ricky Stuart says Brisbane Broncos are poor developers of young talent | News.com.au

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
He was a knob as a player and he is a knob as a coach. Guess the guy is just a knob in general.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
He was a knob as a player and he is a knob as a coach. Guess the guy is just a knob in general.

After analysing information, poring over interviews, dissecting quotes, and generally immersing myself in all things Sticky, I have come to one conclusion. He has a small penis. I'll put $10 on the line to bet he drives a 4WD.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
So Ricky is cranky about Milford leaving for family reasons yet he ditched Parra for 'family reasons'. Wow he makes a tool of himself so often.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
After analysing information, poring over interviews, dissecting quotes, and generally immersing myself in all things Sticky, I have come to one conclusion. He has a small penis. I'll put $10 on the line to bet he drives a 4WD.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Shouldn't the heading be Ricky Stuart is a dickhead.

He took the Roosters to 4 consecutive Grand Finals in the early 00's (and one premiership). Yes, the team contained the likes of Fitler, Wing and Minichello at the peak of their powers.

Any of us here could have done the same thing, but have a better winning record.

Last edited:
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
h615AF66A

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013
that sounds more like Laurie Daley ... the man who never speaks in anything other than tired sporting cliches

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Bump

Turns out Stuart's cleanout at Parramatta and some of the signings he made is paying off for them. The cleanout was essential as all those guys he was sacking offered nothing to little and some of the new guys playing now are putting in good performances.

I thought how he left Parra was very lame but something good is coming out of his time there atm

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Bump

Turns out Stuart's cleanout at Parramatta and some of the signings he made is paying off for them. The cleanout was essential as all those guys he was sacking offered nothing to little and some of the new guys playing now are putting in good performances.

I thought how he left Parra was very lame but something good is coming out of his time there atm

I don't think Parra can keep it up over the whole season. Especially as even the commentators have been saying, it doesn't even look like they know what they are doing.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Agreed...very off-the-cuff, very Warriors-esque...great to watch and a bitch to defend against but it won't get them too far IMO.

Unread

Active Now

• john1420
  • johnyE
  • Justwin
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Shane Tronc
  • Yem
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Skyblues87
  • Seibs
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.