Roberts found guilty

Re: Roberts chances at the judiciary?

I could be wrong but I thought the judiciary works on a precedent principle and if we show its not as bad as say josh renalds trip on barba or the other 1000 he has done its a win hands down

I could be wrong but I thought the judiciary works on a precedent principle and if we show its not as bad as say josh renalds trip on barba or the other 1000 he has done its a win hands down
I really hate the current setup. I feel as though if they actually charged people and were consistent then all the NRL teams would run out new faces every week. It's really just a front to keep Maude Flanders happy IMHO.

The more I look at this on replay, the more I like his chances of getting off. Don't quite get why so many people on this blog are so pessimistic.

It also works on a media opinion principle. If commentators are banging on about something then they will take that into account too. Unless Paul Kent starts a campaign to get Jimmy off, we're fucked. Like proper fucked.

The more I look at this on replay, the more I like his chances of getting off. Don't quite get why so many people on this blog are so pessimistic.
I'm definitely one of the pessimists. I watch it over and just want to shout at Roberts: "what were you thinking?! Just step to the side dumbass."

I really can't see why we would try and defend this, and prefer to see it as HOPEFULLY a very valuable lesson to Roberts not to be a total fucking dumbarse ever again. This act of stupidity has major consequences for the team and I'd rather see him sit on the sidelines and deeply consider what he has done. Perhaps it will be the making of James Roberts the man and the footballer. Perhaps we will see that this is just what he is and he can move on. Who knows. But the one thing I do know is that I'm pretty pissed off that his brain snap has disrupted us in a knock out final week. PRICK!!!!

I really can't see why we would try and defend this, and prefer to see it as HOPEFULLY a very valuable lesson to Roberts not to be a total fucking dumbarse ever again. This act of stupidity has major consequences for the team and I'd rather see him sit on the sidelines and deeply consider what he has done. Perhaps it will be the making of James Roberts the man and the footballer. Perhaps we will see that this is just what he is and he can move on. Who knows. But the one thing I do know is that I'm pretty pissed off that his brain snap has disrupted us in a knock out final week. PRICK!!!!

we are defending it because there is absolutely no risk for us to roll the dice at the judiciary.

even the difference in carry-over points isn't really a risk for us as even with an early guilty plea, he would still have enough carryover points to earn a suspension on his next charge (no matter what that charge is)

I really can't see why we would try and defend this, and prefer to see it as HOPEFULLY a very valuable lesson to Roberts not to be a total ****ing dumbarse ever again. This act of stupidity has major consequences for the team and I'd rather see him sit on the sidelines and deeply consider what he has done. Perhaps it will be the making of James Roberts the man and the footballer. Perhaps we will see that this is just what he is and he can move on. Who knows. But the one thing I do know is that I'm pretty ****ed off that his brain snap has disrupted us in a knock out final week. PRICK!!!!

It's because of the rubbish contrary conduct charge they have come up with to try and suspend him. Kasiano was charged with dangerous conduct for kicking Cozza but Roberts wasn't for Simpkins...

Why? Because grade 1 dangerous conduct wouldn't have seen Roberts suspended. So they have charged him with something that will give him a week instead of charging him with the charge for what he did.

Even if he is suspended it is worth fighting to make a point. You can't just make up the rules to suit your desire. To be honest the Broncs should seriously be considering a judicial review of the whole process. It is rubbish. The NRL is reacting to over the top media hype, trying to ease the pressure on themselves for their own incompetence and we are the scapegoats.

What Roberts did was idiotic and I don't condone it, but if they are going to let guys off for shoulder charges then half baked kicks that don't cause any harm should be charged accordingly and not according to some ill-defined 'perception' about what such an act 'deserves'.

Normally I'd agree that Roberts should just accept it and cop a week for being a silly bugger.

But, given the wild inconsistencies and all round dumb fuckery of the judiciary this season, it's absolutely worth challenging, even if it just wastes the judiciary's time.

Last edited:

Tallis on Fox trying to draw a parallel between Roberts and Kasiano. Please.

Hey, I agree with what you are saying, but to me the greater value is in Roberts learning a lesson. I just don't think the lesson about how he screwed the entire team over is as strong if you try and get him off or down-graded or whatever. I'm not particularly a fan of the man he currently is, so I am a bit biased in that sense. But I do want to see him develop into a player that I'm proud to call a bronco. No matter what, he's getting a week, yes? Then let him stew on it, not baby him.

Hey, I agree with what you are saying, but to me the greater value is in Roberts learning a lesson. I just don't think the lesson about how he screwed the entire team over is as strong if you try and get him off or down-graded or whatever. I'm not particularly a fan of the man he currently is, so I am a bit biased in that sense. But I do want to see him develop into a player that I'm proud to call a bronco. No matter what, he's getting a week, yes? Then let him stew on it, not baby him.

we are not an educational institution ...

we are a footy team about to play an elimination final, we need our best team on the Park.

maybe if it was earlier in the season, we teach him that lesson ... but not in finals

well didn't he say kasiano should get off?

He said if Kasiano had kicked Parker in the shoulder and not the head, it wouldn't have been cited. Well, considering Roberts hit Simpkins in the back, by his own logic, Roberts should have not been cited. Hmm, I guess we shouldn't expect too much of Gordy though. His mental capabilities were probably exhausted for the day from tying his shoelaces.

He said if Kasiano had kicked Parker in the shoulder and not the head, it wouldn't have been cited. Well, considering Roberts hit Simpkins in the back, by his own logic, Roberts should have not been cited. Hmm, I guess we shouldn't expect too much of Gordy though. His mental capabilities were probably exhausted for the day from tying his shoelaces.

Please ... he wears velcro, he can't figure out how to tie shoe laces,

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.