Roberts found guilty

Re: Roberts chances at the judiciary?

Hurrell's kick at the ball out of Kahu's hands made contact with Kahu's arm, why was he not sited?

I wonder if we can do what Ryan James did to beat his charge for his hit on Tedesco.

Get the actual charge changed.

He was actually going to be suspended and then I think one of the panel members actually told him he could change the charge and that's what they did and boom, he walks out free to play.

Greenburg apparently blasted the panel member that did that.. But I do wonder if we could do the same.

Because that is not contrary conduct.

Last edited:

I wonder if we can do what Ryan James did to beat his charge for his hit on Tedesco.

Get the actual charge changed.

He was actually going to be suspended and then I think one of the panel members actually told him he could change the charge and that's what they did and boom, he walks out free to play.

Greenburg apparently blasted the panel member that did that.. But I do wonder if we could do the same.

Because that is not contrary conduct.

They changed the grading, not the charge.

They changed the grading, not the charge.

This I will never understand. If you're guilty of a grade 2, you're guilty of a grade 2. How can a charge be downgraded after the fact?

Seriously though I do think he has a reasonable chance of beating this. It looked to me like a clumsy attempt to milk a penalty rather than a malicious or dangerous act. It deserved a penalty at the time but not a week off. If trying to milk a penalty is contrary conduct then the judiciary is going to get a lot busier. The judiciary has also shown that they are not afraid to take a different view of incidents to the MRC.

I hope he flukes it and gets off too but saying he has a reasonable chance of beating the charge is pushing it. Based on the video evidence it's unlikely at best.

Last edited:

The outrage will be delicious if he does get off haha.

But not confident of that.

I actually don't think we're missing much if he is out, Opacic comes in with Pearson on the wing... Happy days. Think it's actually better defensively.

I hate that the judiciary is so laughable. If this is the start of them actually getting their rubbish together and it means he sits out, good. I am just sick of the amateurism, corruption and double standards that happen at the judiciary. Let's not get into semantics, he should sit out a week, just as Ennis and Wighton should have been sitting out a week or three.

Wighton should have been gone for 3 weeks, but because of precedent he got off.

Roberts should be gone for a week, but if the judiciary go with precedent (Brown), he gets off.

But because of media bias, the NRL will use this opportunity to punish us, meaning he'll get a week off.

Correct result in the end, but only because the NRL is so arse-backwards that they're actually facing forwards again.

Roberts should be gone for a week, but if the judiciary go with precedent (Brown), he gets off.

But because of media bias, the NRL will use this opportunity to punish us, meaning he'll get a week off.

Correct result in the end, but only because the NRL is so arse-backwards that they're actually facing forwards again.

Pretty much this for me.

NRL will be using this to show they don't bias broncos. NRL would cop an absolute pasting in the media if he gets off

NRL will be using this to show they don't bias broncos. NRL would cop an absolute pasting in the media if he gets off

that said, it would confirm the 'ref blunder' in missing it onfield for everyone to continue sooking about.

I actually don't think we're missing much if he is out, Opacic comes in with Pearson on the wing... Happy days. Think it's actually better defensively.

Roberts was electric in game vs. Cowboys at Suncorp this season. He's a big loss. But yeah I think his replacement will do a good job.

He's just about to plead his case.

Nick Ghabar, the lawyer who got Justin Hodges off his dangerous throw charge, will represent him.

Last edited:

No chance I reckon, just about a perfect storm against us with Ennis and Wighton walking then a perceived massive ref bias in our favour last week . That panel could be shown a previously unseen angle that showed the Titans player rolling backwards into his foot and they would still find him guilty.

The precedent was set with Haynes headbutt on Slater. He admitted he headbutted him, but got off because he said he didnt intend to hurt him. There is the defence right there.

The 2015 Dally M Centre of the Year is looking nervous...

CsTN7iGVMAAjr7V.jpg:large

Where did you get the photo?

After the Wighton\Ennis debacle the judiciary need a scalp to show how serious they really are and Jimmy is it. The judiciary will get their pound of flesh. Hope I'm wrong.

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.