ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Parramatta Eels 6-18 Brisbane Broncos.

Good result in horrible conditions.

Last edited:
We were dreadful in the first half but our defense was always really good. Our forwards were pretty good apart from a few of them dropping the ball. Hunt and Macca good out of dummy half and I thought Wallace directed us quite well. Norman will improve he didn't get much space and needs to be more selective of when he runs the ball. Hannant and McGuire were good up front. Gillett is just a gun seriously got a hard on over him. Beale was the worst out of the backs but it wasn't a great night to be a winger.

Yes a good result.

Amazing when there is depth, a bit of room, the attack is so good.

Fantastic defence. Gillett. What a player.

Norman looks like he will come good. I'm optimistic, both about Norman, and this team's prospects for the finals.

Very good performance everything considered. No Locky and bad conditions, thought we controlled possession and territory despite poor handling and thought our halves and two hookers all played good smart footy for the most part. I am massively encouraged by that performance even if it was ugly. Once again Hook has this team looking fit and defending very tight. We are a finals team on that effort considering we will get better with time as Norman and Wallace work eachother out completely. Next week I would only bring Civo in for Slyney as no one else should lose a spot for Anderson on that effort.

Well done boys, great start for our new canary kit. Bit rusty but 2 points is golden. Lots of improvement there which is awesome and our defence was as solid as ever.

I'm just happy we won. Second half was much improved.

Parra were pretty awful, so next week should be more of a test.

Norman probably needs to run the ball less, otherwise he wasn't terrible. He also didn't have to do any defending, which is where he has probably struggled most in the past.

Last edited:
Yeah Norman definitely started to show confidence as the match went on and that will help him for next week, infact the second half as a whole I think will help the side for next week, got back to playing it simple and attacking when the opportunities presented themself. Wallace if there was one area of his game tonight that we really benefited from it was his kicking and in the conditions it was important he was on his game there.

Didn't I tell you about Norman. He straightens the attack way too much. Doesn't pass cause he does everything in slow motion and it's too late to pass so he'll just hold onto the ball and go himself.
And what about Beale? Looks like his mind is on other things. Rubbish as expected.

I was very happy with Hodges. He seems like he realises that he's just about our most important player, but still doesn't overplay his hand, or try to create something from nothing. Great performance from him tonight, including at least 3 quick play the balls which allowed Yow Yeh to get a penalty.

I was very happy with Hodges. He seems like he realises that he's just about our most important player, but still doesn't overplay his hand, or try to create something from nothing. Great performance from him tonight, including at least 3 quick play the balls which allowed Yow Yeh to get a penalty.

I was happy with him too, not his fault but we did tend to go to him a bit too much but to be fair he was pretty effective when he was utilised.

Norman was good. Wallace stepped up tonight, I was happy with him. Our halves are okay.

Also I'm happy that Wallace is now a right side player and Norman is on the left. Wallace helps strengthen the right side defence, and Norman is helped out by Reed, Glenn and Parker. Attacking wise, they receive the ball on the opposite side of their kicking foot too, which makes it easier.

Good defense from both sides. Brisbane were patient and didnt't panic 2nd half and were able to pick up the win despite silly and frustrating drop Balls. Both Teams should only get better.

I know it is only round 1 but I think we will be sticking with having a hooker on the bench for a fair bit of this season.

I know it is only round 1 but I think we will be sticking with having a hooker on the bench for a fair bit of this season.

There's no reason not too, I guess. Most of our forwards can play long minutes, and a lot of them can cover heaps of positions too. The only thing we don't have covered is the halves and hooker, so I'm happy with Hunt being on the bench.

Love it. I thought we played great for round 1 in the wet. Very happy with that, defense was great, attack seemed to come together at . the end, 1-0 #### yeah!

BRONCOS #### YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon:

First game of the season and we were rusty.

It was almost a worst case scenario performance. Bad approach, little cohesion and plenty of coach killing mistakes made for an extremely frustrating game. I was a bit unfair in the live update thread - but I waited 5 long months for that game and to watch that was just so disappointing.

But in all fairness, plenty of positives to build off of from that game and I liked what I saw - especially from Wallace. If we can build from this performance, we'll end up OK this season.

The era has begun.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Cavalo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Canga
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.