Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

The question then is why can't we.? Do we sign dumbcunts who can't learn a system?.
Bellamys' structures are simple enough. We were supposed to be training at 30% above game speed for months, we had the ball in hand at training months earlier than normal and our style didn't change from last year so we really don't have an excuse.
No doubt we had a dig and kept aiming up, let's hope the improvement comes quickly.

Can't help but fully agree with this. There's too many excuses for this team. It's only Round 1 is a bullshit excuse. We looked lost, disorganised and flustered in attack. No cohesion, what's the point of pre season training? I'm sick and tired of the excuses. The great teams don't make excuses, they go out there and get the job done. It's not like our team hasn't played together ever before. It's ridiculous the mediocrity that is seeping into the fans and the club and team.

Give them time? Please lol. There were a few positives to take out from last night like us hanging in there, we defended well in parts and our 2nd half attack looked ok but other than that? Garbage. Lodge attacking the legs of Munster in the 1st minute was just stupid, it shouldn't happen and the Storm score off that. Milf throwing a hospital pass to Bird and then Bird fumbling and Storm pick it up and score, again that shouldn't happen because Milf has been playing 1st grade for 5 years now and should have vision to know NOT to throw those kind of passes. It would of been 16-0 half time is Kaufusi didn't drop it while going for the try. Storm butchered a few chances so we were lucky to be only 10-0 down, it wasn't all our hard work in D.

C'mon guys, some of you need to get real. I can accept the loss, wasn't expecting us to beat the Storm but we ALL should expect BETTER. Much better. The Storm forwards were making so many post contact metres, we just couldn't bring them down and that's because the Storm are ruthless EVERY second of EVERY minute and are just hungry to fucking demolish teams. When our forwards ran, we were mostly brought down immediately or pushed back or put on our back for a slow play the ball, and why is that? Because we aren't hungry mentally and were probably intimidated by the Storm and just bent over. We definitely tried hard, no doubt but we all know we can and should do better.

TPJ was almost jogging when he hit the ball up, c'mon wtf is that? If he's carrying an injury, fair enough, sit him out and put someone else in. What happened to a forward running very hard and at pace? Why all the side stepping by a forward and running sideways? It's embarrassing as a fan to see the Storm simply toy with us, it honestly looked like a training drill at times and if you're honest you will admit that. It looked like we were boys against men and I'm sick of it. Again, I'm ok with losing a game and can understand we can't win every game but why all the excuses for this team? Why are we accepting mediocrity? Bullshit excuses? It's Seibold's first game, the team needs time to click and figure out structures and systems.

No, they are professional athletes who train almost every day. They had since December when Seibold came in to figure out how to attack and defend in his system but you don't need to learn a system to learn how to run very hard and get up for a quick play the ball. You don't need to learn a system to know not to attack a kickers legs and cost your team a penalty and then a try and get suspended for 2 matches. You don't need to learn a system for your 5/8 to have vision to know when not to throw a pass because the defense is on your outside man. Some of the things this team lacks is confidence and common sense. I'm not saying our season is done, it's only 1 game I understand that but I'm just over all these excuses some of you make for this team.

Lodge should definitely contest the charge or grading whatever. He makes contact with Munster on the hip but due to Munster rising it looked way worse than it was. 10 weeks on the sideline, available for the Blues.

Can't help but fully agree with this. There's too many excuses for this team. It's only Round 1 is a bullshit excuse. We looked lost, disorganised and flustered in attack. No cohesion, what's the point of pre season training? I'm sick and tired of the excuses. The great teams don't make excuses, they go out there and get the job done. It's not like our team hasn't played together ever before. It's ridiculous the mediocrity that is seeping into the fans and the club and team.

Give them time? Please lol. There were a few positives to take out from last night like us hanging in there, we defended well in parts and our 2nd half attack looked ok but other than that? Garbage. Lodge attacking the legs of Munster in the 1st minute was just stupid, it shouldn't happen and the Storm score off that. Milf throwing a hospital pass to Bird and then Bird fumbling and Storm pick it up and score, again that shouldn't happen because Milf has been playing 1st grade for 5 years now and should have vision to know NOT to throw those kind of passes. It would of been 16-0 half time is Kaufusi didn't drop it while going for the try. Storm butchered a few chances so we were lucky to be only 10-0 down, it wasn't all our hard work in D.

C'mon guys, some of you need to get real. I can accept the loss, wasn't expecting us to beat the Storm but we ALL should expect BETTER. Much better. The Storm forwards were making so many post contact metres, we just couldn't bring them down and that's because the Storm are ruthless EVERY second of EVERY minute and are just hungry to fucking demolish teams. When our forwards ran, we were mostly brought down immediately or pushed back or put on our back for a slow play the ball, and why is that? Because we aren't hungry mentally and were probably intimidated by the Storm and just bent over. We definitely tried hard, no doubt but we all know we can and should do better.

TPJ was almost jogging when he hit the ball up, c'mon wtf is that? If he's carrying an injury, fair enough, sit him out and put someone else in. What happened to a forward running very hard and at pace? Why all the side stepping by a forward and running sideways? It's embarrassing as a fan to see the Storm simply toy with us, it honestly looked like a training drill at times and if you're honest you will admit that. It looked like we were boys against men and I'm sick of it. Again, I'm ok with losing a game and can understand we can't win every game but why all the excuses for this team? Why are we accepting mediocrity? Bullshit excuses? It's Seibold's first game, the team needs time to click and figure out structures and systems.

No, they are professional athletes who train almost every day. They had since December when Seibold came in to figure out how to attack and defend in his system but you don't need to learn a system to learn how to run very hard and get up for a quick play the ball. You don't need to learn a system to know not to attack a kickers legs and cost your team a penalty and then a try and get suspended for 2 matches. You don't need to learn a system for your 5/8 to have vision to know when not to throw a pass because the defense is on your outside man. Some of the things this team lacks is confidence and common sense. I'm not saying our season is done, it's only 1 game I understand that but I'm just over all these excuses some of you make for this team.

Mate it’s round 1 not round 10, you need to chill or you’ll pop a blood vessel

Considering that was the first game our spine has played together since the final against the Dragons, I'm not surprised.

Were people honestly expecting us to hit the ground running?

This reply had a lot of good points in it except almost everything in this paragraph.

TPJ was hitting the line hard, if that's jogging to you, well I assume you are Usain Bolt. The other forwards could have run harder but you try and sprint after not having the ball for the first 10-15 minutes and tackling yourself to a standstill in that time and THEN sprint into the line. That first 20 minutes took all the steam out of the Broncs and if you think the Storm or anyone else would have been any different in round 1 if the roles were reversed, I'd be astonished.

It did look like training drills for the Storm, there is a reason they are one of the two best sides in the comp and have been for a very long time, they know what everyone needs to do and they do it well. That continuity is there because they have had the same coach and same game plan for over ten years and are allowed to make it work by the current refereeing model. The Broncs have a new coach and new systems after a disrupted off season. I'd be surprised if many times did better than the Broncs last night if they had the same upheaval. Whether you like it or not, this side needs time to gel and there WERE some clear new plays on show at times last night, it is just that they didn't come off.

You say you are ok with losing a game and then discount the LEGITIMATE reasons why they lost, so are you REALLY ok with losing a game?

Considering that was the first game our spine has played together since the final against the Dragons, I'm not surprised.

I think people were hoping that some of the woes of last season had been corrected, or at least partially corrected.

We saw a lot of the same issues from last season last night, starting with our captain.

If you're okay with that then that's fine, but a lot of others aren't.

If we had've lost in a close game where we really gave it a good go, I think attitudes would be a lot different.

Last edited:

Yes. I expected them to play well with an allowance for the usual early season roughness. Melbourne hit the ground running, they weren't perfect but from the outset looked pretty good. There's no fucking excuse for the Bronco's, plenty of them have played a lot of games together. There were quite a lot of times we looked as though we'd just met and decided to kick a footy around but Melbourne, despite staff changes were so much better in a structural sense. Maybe Bellamy is really that much better than any other coach.

100%. Our spine is the same and still the same crap. No direction, poor kicking and kicking options and last tackle options are atrocious.
The excuse of they need to gel blah blah is poor. They are professionals and they should be hitting the ground running.
Of course I’m not writing them off but they have to lift 10fold to be consistent. It’s the first game but they need to be going already, not by round 10.

This reply had a lot of good points in it except almost everything in this paragraph.

TPJ was hitting the line hard, if that's jogging to you, well I assume you are Usain Bolt. The other forwards could have run harder but you try and sprint after not having the ball for the first 10-15 minutes and tackling yourself to a standstill in that time and THEN sprint into the line. That first 20 minutes took all the steam out of the Broncs and if you think the Storm or anyone else would have been any different in round 1 if the roles were reversed, I'd be astonished.

It did look like training drills for the Storm, there is a reason they are one of the two best sides in the comp and have been for a very long time, they know what everyone needs to do and they do it well. That continuity is there because they have had the same coach and same game plan for over ten years and are allowed to make it work by the current refereeing model. The Broncs have a new coach and new systems after a disrupted off season. I'd be surprised if many times did better than the Broncs last night if they had the same upheaval. Whether you like it or not, this side needs time to gel and there WERE some clear new plays on show at times last night, it is just that they didn't come off.

You say you are ok with losing a game and then discount the LEGITIMATE reasons why they lost, so are you REALLY ok with losing a game?

Appreciate the response mate and I respect your views and opinion. I respectfully disagree on most parts though. To me, TPJ was not running full pelt into the defense, I remember one run in the 2nd half where he threw himself into the defense and made 10-15 metres and it was great. Last night, he wasn't really running hard and rather than running hard, pumping his legs to get the post contact metres and a quick play the ball, he'd jostle into the line and look for the off load every time. I appreciate him wanting to offload and yes we need that but it's clear to see he is still hampered by his hammies so maybe if he's not completely 100%, we shouldn't risk him and allow him to overcome that?

This side has been together for years. Bird needs time to gel with the rest of the players because he hasn't really played with us but he was ok last night other than that fumble. He tried. Staggs needs time to gel with us because he too hasn't played many games with us but Macca, Boyd, Milf, Offa, Oates, Isaako, Glenn etc have been together for a year and more plus pre season training etc. I wasn't expecting a 40-0 win but my expectations are obviously different to yours, whether I'm unrealistic or not is not the point, the point is we have different views and that's okay. I expect more from this team.

Am I ok with losing? Absolutely. I am disappointed obviously but understand we can't win every game but we can play to a certain standard every game regardless of systems, structures and injuries to go very close to winning every game. We got ourselves to 16-12 and put ourselves in a great position to win the game, but laziness and bad decision making allowed Bromwich is score the try and the game was then over. It was mentally and physically soft. Pure and simple but it's a long season and I'm looking forward to how we improve next game with Lodge and Roberts out. I want to see how mentally tough this team is and what all the pre season hype is about with us.

Last edited:
Yes. I expected them to play well with an allowance for the usual early season roughness. Melbourne hit the ground running, they weren't perfect but from the outset looked pretty good. There's no fucking excuse for the Bronco's, plenty of them have played a lot of games together. There were quite a lot of times we looked as though we'd just met and decided to kick a footy around but Melbourne, despite staff changes were so much better in a structural sense. Maybe Bellamy is really that much better than any other coach.
Winners win, whilst losers make excuses.

My thoughts from last nights game against the storm.

1) Darius looks slow and I thought there was one try where he didn't put his body on the line.
2) I like Macca, but I would rather see Niko on the bench in a rotation with Macca. This will give us some speed
3) Try Sullivan (not sure of his full name) as the half back. We need more of an organiser. For example our forwards were buggered in the early parts of the game. We should have kicked the ball dead and gave them a rest.

Overall though I enjoyed the game, I think they showed allot of ticker and will only get better from here. Only round 1

The effort was great, that's what i'd take out of it. Melbourne games are pretty much a write off, just a complete and utter hoodoo going on there. If they keep that effort up I think the rest will click before long. Sucks about Lodge though.

1) Darius looks slow and I thought there was one try where he didn't put his body on the line.

I counted two, the one where he pretended to slip over so he didn't have to put his body on the line against Scott, and the one where J.Bromwich strolled through and he pretended to get faked out by a dummy.. from a front rower.. with no Storm plays in the vicinity..

Saw him do plenty of both last season, it's really disgusting to watch. If we had someone like RTS at Fullback we'd concede 6, or maybe even 12 fewer points per game honestly, that's how bad Boyd has become defensively.

2) I like Macca, but I would rather see Niko on the bench in a rotation with Macca. This will give us some speed
3) Try Sullivan (not sure of his full name) as the half back. We need more of an organiser. For example our forwards were buggered in the early parts of the game. We should have kicked the ball dead and gave them a rest.

Overall though I enjoyed the game, I think they showed allot of ticker and will only get better from here. Only round 1

Any new rumours for us?

Could have been my Bintang induced haze but he looked like the ‘I don’t know what I’m doing’ dog meme every time I saw him

Because you don’t see anything bad your agenda, and even worse instead of being a man and admitting to it you are hiding behind you ‘Bintang induced haze’.

He looked like every other coach outside of the tantrum throwing children.

No they’re not, and he actually won our player of the year award.

It’s frustrating arguing with someone that has a clear agenda and alters facts to substantiate it, isn’t it?

Active Now

• Dash
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  • kiwibronco
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.