POST GAME Round 1 - Storm vs Broncos

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos Talk' started by Foordy, Mar 14, 2019.

1. winslow_wong

winslow_wong State of Origin Captain

bris
    What’s does isaako do to claim the fullback spot? Does he train there?

2. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

But he also played a big part in one of our tries and nearly got his head taken off while attacking the ball. The front line has as much to answer for in both situations. It was embarrassingly poor all round and a single person copping the blame is pretty crap

abashii likes this.
  3. Cult3

Being able to run a "bog average" sweep play is probably one thing he needs to do. He will be there eventually, maybe by the end of the year. But he needs to work on his game before it's handed to him.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    abashii likes this.
  4. Gaz

Gaz QCup Player

Issako 2017 (Wikipedia)
    ‘ he would continue his great form in the Queensland Cup and would be named at Fullback in the Intrust Super Cup team of the season.’

Just has to be better I guess.

5. Foordy

Foordy

This would be a bit tricky, since they only exist in his own mind, and the technology to retrieve them hasn't been invented yet

NImitz likes this.
  6. I'm sure I don't disagree...

Gaz likes this.
  7. Lebbo73

Lebbo73 NYC Player

Boyd has three more years as well. Obviously, Souths didn’t want a bar of him. Especially at $700k per year. We would have taken a $200k hit to our salary cap for the next three years as well I reckon but Bennett probably didn’t want him as well. Boyd’s washed up.

JAHHW likes this.
  8. Foordy

Foordy

that is just a complete load of crap

abashii and Sirlee oldman like this.
  9. Lebbo73

Lebbo73 NYC Player

Are you still holding your judgment from last year as well?
    05309D03-DB60-4F53-8C14-DD2B51EAFCFD.gif

10. Sproj

Sproj

1. Hughes - talented, fast, up and comer / Boyd - fading, slowish, limited these days

6. Munster - Definitely top three in his position / Milford - Probably top three in this position when fit

7. Croft - Young, talented, can kick / KNik - Trains as hard as anyone, fast, limited

9. Smith - GOAT / Macca - mid-range hooker, slow, defensive stalwart

Through in some key players in other positions that Melbourne build around in J.Bromwich, Scott, Kaufusi and the wingers, plus the coach, there is a huge reason they are always better.

11. Lebbo73

Lebbo73 NYC Player

There’s a reason why we haven’t won a premiership in 13 years. Macca is shit. If Qld don’t pick Jake Friend this year, they’re fucked as well.

rnabokov and Mitch06 like this.
  12. Lebbo73

Lebbo73 NYC Player

No it isn’t. Boyd has followed him everywhere like a lost puppy. He even led a coup last season by snubbing a club bbq to take the side to Father Benny’s place in a spiteful show of defiance.

13. Foordy

Foordy

He only followed Bennett the first time because Brisbane did not want him, it was never his intention to leave the Broncos. this time when Bennett left the club did want him, so he was never following Bennett ...

if he did want to follow Bennett, Bennett would have taken him in a heart beat.

abashii and Sirlee oldman like this.
  14. I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon State of Origin Rep

Seibold loses his first game, Bennett looking like winning against the premiers

It will begin soon....

Dee and Harry Sack like this.
  15. Wolfie

Wolfie State of Origin Rep

Ben Hunt is the reason we didn't win a premiership.

16. pagey

pagey NRL Captain

Bennett 1 Seibold 0

Accept likes this.
  17. winslow_wong

winslow_wong State of Origin Captain

bris
    WaYnE beNneTt iS dA BeSt cOaCh eVa

18. Cult3

That meme only works if your phrase isn't correct

19. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

It's really not surprising that Bennett has started off well. I expect him to do well with Souths this year. They've got a good pack, good outside backs, a controlling half with a good kicking game and a 5/8 with x factor. Pretty decent hooker too. It's set up perfectly for him.

If they dont get smashed by injuries they'll be week 2 minimum come finals

abashii likes this.
  20. Wolfie

Wolfie State of Origin Rep

HE was good that year, but his game was pretty much just being a powerful ball runner.