vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for Hunt and Milford to have a big one as well - Hunt has been improving the last few weeks and Milford will bounce back from a few quiet performances.

Looking for Hunt and Milford to have a big one as well - Hunt has been improving the last few weeks and Milford will bounce back from a few quiet performances.

I'm looking forwards to Roberts usng his speed, as referred to in a few posts above, to take some pressure off Milf, by moving across field, confuse the defence who will no doubt be looking to target Milf and expect Roberts to stick to the right side, and then, stretch them as he uses his speed, creating overlaps out wide on the other side, and also leave Milf with more time and space to do his thing.

You just can't coach against this sort of speed.

This side has so many weapons, it's a pleasure to watch the team progress as the season unfolds. Kudos to the players as they evolve, and to Bennett for his coaching.

As long as there is no complacency ....

I heard Blair got put on report in the Test match.

Is this true?

He just fucking comes back..

Yeah Bellamy would have been proud. Bad chicken wing, definitely deliberate, and worst of all the footage of it was crystal clear.

I heard Blair got put on report in the Test match.

Is this true?

He just fucking comes back..

Yep, a chicken wing on Thaiday ffs.

It didn't look great either, I reckon he will certainly miss the Manly clash and potentially the week after against NQ.

FFS Blair you idiot

Wonder, if he does get charged could Sammy front up and say "nah, all good I was milkin"

Anyone know how many carry over points Blair has?

If "Dangerous Contact-Head" is considered a prior similar offence to "Dangerous Contact-Other", and he gets a grade 2 charge, I think he would be out for three weeks, possibly four depending on carry overs. Could be really bad news.

He could be facing 3 weeks on the sidelines.

Depends on their grading.

Last edited:
Don't they slug the players in the back pocket for minor offences in the AFL? They should definitely look at that for Rep games - players get find their match fee based on the offence. Makes it a lot more fair for clubs giving their players up for rep games.

Reckon Gal'd be squeaky clean every rep game if his hard earned were on the line....

We're going to need Blair for the Cows game so it better just be one week. Was absolutely stupid and I would guess apart of a 'don't be soft on your club team mates' approach..

BRONCOS fullback Darius Boyd says Brisbane cannot afford to lose enforcer Adam Blair again as he faces another suspension.

Blair was placed on report for a “chicken wing” tackle on Broncos teammate Sam Thaiday during Friday night’s Test match in Newcastle, where the Kangaroos won 16-0.

The Kiwi prop sat out Brisbane’s last match — a 30-28 loss to Cronulla in which the Broncos clearly missed his defensive steel in the middle — after making dangerous contact with Rabbitohs halfback Adam Reynolds.

The Broncos fought that charge at the judiciary and failed, meaning Blair has 84 carry-over points hanging over his head which could be crucial in deciding his fate for Saturday’s clash against Manly at the Suncorp Stadium double-header.

The Broncos have lost their past three matches without Blair and will be without another crucial player, hooker Andrew McCullough, for at least another few weeks.

The match review committee will release its findings on Monday and if Blair is charged, Thaiday could be asked to provide evidence to clear his teammate.

Boyd said Blair was a crucial player and the Broncos needed him back for the Manly game.

“We can’t (afford to lose him),” he said.

“Since he’s been in Brisbane we haven’t won many games without him.

“Him and Andrew McCullough talk a lot, are experienced and do a lot.

“We missed them against Cronulla, who have a great pack. They got on top of us early in the middle.

“We’re going to miss Macca for a while.

“Hopefully Blairy doesn’t get suspended. It’d be nice to get him back.”

The Broncos were ambushed in the middle third of the field by the Sharks without Blair and McCullough to stem the flow.

The Sea Eagles could do the same through Jake Trbojevic, Brenton Lawrence and Marty Taupau.

If Blair is suspended, Thaiday would start in the front row alongside Josh McGuire, who made 134m off the bench in his Kangaroos debut.

The Broncos will also be sweating on the availability of backrower Alex Glenn, who missed the Test match with a calf complaint.

Glenn is racing the clock to face the Sea Eagles but early indications were he would be fit.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...y/news-story/15cd8e673cea7400fb746890933fa2e0

I totally agree Ning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Justwin
  • Galah
  • Evander
  • Browny
  • Bucking Beads
  • Maroon4life
  • Battler
  • Alec
  • Waynesaurus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mighty Bronx
  • RolledOates
  • Allo
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.