vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets look beyond round 11 and on to next year, who are the players that need to be bought into the club?

1 x experienced centre
1 x gun spine player
1 x experienced prop
1 x experienced second-rower

Who goes in those spots (lets assume Grant is gettable)

From that article, Siebold says "I think [Dearden] takes a bit of organisation off Crofty and allows Crofty to be freed up a bit which I feel is important."

I thought Croft was bought in to be the organiser??

From that article, Siebold says "I think [Dearden] takes a bit of organisation off Crofty and allows Crofty to be freed up a bit which I feel is important."

i swear to god this is the exact same thing he said last year or early this year.
you just have to replace the word dearden and croft with croft and milford

Lets look beyond round 11 and on to next year, who are the players that need to be bought into the club?

1 x experienced centre
1 x gun spine player
1 x experienced prop
1 x experienced second-rower

Who goes in those spots (lets assume Grant is gettable)

We're going to need to release some players to even think about bringing anyone worthwhile in.

Let's hope we can work some magic and figure out a way to release Bird & Ofahengaue without having to pay too much of their salary. On top of having Boyd, Kahu and (hopefully) Macca 100% off the books, we might have some wiggle room after we keep Fifita.

Christan Welch, Connor Watson, Euan Aitken & Sione Katoa (Sharks) are 4 guys who are off-contract in their early to mid 20's with good NRL experience and plenty of talent (If we have the correct coach to harness it..)

He was, and is more of an organiser than Milford (not hard) but his main purpose was to allow Dearden time to develop from what I could tell. I agree with others who’ve said Croft is more of a 5/8, but realistically I can’t see his contract going further than his current one. Stop-gap measure.
This is what is even more frustrating. All of us on here could see Dearden needed to develop and no question he has been earmarked as our long-term half. It is beyond me how the club didn't bring in an experienced halfback, who was at the end of their career for a 1 or 2 year deal that couldn't helped provide some stability and game management and teach Dearden and Milford. Example would've been James Maloney. Who I called for at the time. Instead, the board signed Croft and sat there and shoved it down our throats that he was the best signing we've made in years and it's exactly what the club needed. Disgusting. Anyway wrong thread for this. Back to the game on Friday.... we need a miracle to keep this competitive.

Apparently Milford barely got through training today and was seen visibly limping around.

If out i'm guessing Boyd/Kennar to 1. Kennar will come in regardless if Milford is actually out I would say.

Milford can't be that bad. Completed the training.

Playing it safe here. I have $800 on Melbourne - Melbourne half time full time double at $1.25. I can’t see how I can lose that bet

We're going to need to release some players to even think about bringing anyone worthwhile in.

Let's hope we can work some magic and figure out a way to release Bird & Ofahengaue without having to pay too much of their salary. On top of having Boyd, Kahu and (hopefully) Macca 100% off the books, we might have some wiggle room after we keep Fifita.

Christan Welch, Connor Watson, Euan Aitken & Sione Katoa (Sharks) are 4 guys who are off-contract in their early to mid 20's with good NRL experience and plenty of talent (If we have the correct coach to harness it..)
Welch would be a great signing. Good player better bloke.

Golden rule of recruiting: Don’t sign Storm players unless they are C Smith. It’ll only end in tears.

or in back to back premierships

Anyone who watched Croft play at the storm would know he is a running 5/8, pretty much the same as Nikorima.

It's absolutely baffling they thought he could organise the team. The reason the Storm can get away with playing Hughes at halfback is Smith is still there controlling everything.

Last edited:
This and especially if they are forwards.

Welch is just a dime a dozen prop
Yes but he's a leader. That's What we need more than anything. We need an experienced first grader who can lead we haven't had that since Parker left. Welch is one, there are probably better examples. Our lack of effective senior leaders have caused this mess which has been exacerbated by a self serving board and arrogant coach.

Last edited:
We’ll get flogged but the excuses will be about dearden being so young etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Porthoz
  • Battler
  • BroncosAlways
  • Strop
  • Pablo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.