10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Shame about hodges but the great thing about our team this year is that no single player is irreplaceable (except probably Hunt). It doesn't matter who's out they're is plenty of players ready to step in.

M

mattycuss

NYC Player
Sep 8, 2014
Just announced on channel Nine news that Hodges will miss this game, with Kahu replacing him in the centres.

So who's taking kahu wing spot. oates, vidot or Copley.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
We all know that the bench is important these days. So I'd love to trial what happens if we leave Parker, Thaiday and McGuire on the bench. Start with Gillett (the least minutes from last night) at lock, Glenn left, Oates right, and Blair & Wallace starting. After 20 minutes the big guns come on and play out the match a la James Graham. We're not really losing much with that starting side, but it should be a right royal thumping when the guns come on.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
So who's taking kahu wing spot. oates, vidot or Copley.

Copley is still unavailable for this game (i believe) so i'd imagine Oates and Maranta will be our wingers.

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
It would be Oates to the wing freeing up a space on the bench for parcell

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It would be Oates to the wing freeing up a space on the bench for parcell

I just love to watch Oates in the backline ... for now; such a dynamic runner. What a player.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Reed
4. Kahu
5. Maranta
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Parcell
15. Wallace
16. Blair
17. Molo

I'm guessing that's what we'll go with.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Reed
4. Kahu
5. Maranta
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Parcell
15. Wallace
16. Blair
17. Molo

I'm hoping we do. That's a strong line up. I like it. Hope Reed passes the ball a lot more. I know Kahu will.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
I just love to watch Oates in the backline ... for now; such a dynamic runner. What a player.

He's just so quick for a such a big kid. And even considering our back row is probably the best hole runner we have when he's in there. Sky's the limit

B

big k

QCup Player
Apr 10, 2013
1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Reed
4. Kahu
5. Maranta
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Parcell
15. Wallace
16. Blair
17. Molo

Very strong side, wouldn't mind to if Joe was on the bench ahead of Molo, but Molo is building nicely and could be very devastating for us off the bench if he keeps improving every game.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
He's just so quick for a such a big kid. And even considering our back row is probably the best hole runner we have when he's in there. Sky's the limit

Absolutely. At the same time it's really time now for Hunt and Milford to really step up around the edges and create more and more opportunities where we are strongest in attack. With Kahu out wide I see lots of chances happening if the ball gets out there.

I would also like to see Milford work the right hand side as well as the left, working with Hunt on the same side, and having Boyd up behind the line adds so much to our attack.

This game against a side which thrives on moving the ball around will be a treat. Dare I say it again: line speed will prove critical for us in the middle to prevent line breaks and offloads by their bigger forwards which makes their good halves and FB very dangerous.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Do you think Austin will be running at Milford all night close to the try line a la Morgan?

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
austin normally sits on the left so he'll be on the other side of the field.

milfords biggest problem is going to be papalii, who has been destroying on the right hand side of the field for hte last month or so.

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I think milfs problem is he is not fond of getting directly in front of the opposition. I'd prefer if kevvie Walters showed him how to be a genuine speed bump, something you just have to go over the top of. It would give the players each side of milf that half second extra to get there and ground the attacker.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
@7th_Tackle: DRAMA for @brisbanebroncos ahead of #NRLRaidersBroncos: plane to Canberra cancelled. Organising a bus from Sydney. Thaiday also OUT. @7Sport

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
Absolutely. At the same time it's really time now for Hunt and Milford to really step up around the edges and create more and more opportunities where we are strongest in attack. With Kahu out wide I see lots of chances happening if the ball gets out there.
Definitely the game for it, Raiders defense out wide has been atrocious, quick kick or pass out to the winger there's generally space.

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
austin normally sits on the left so he'll be on the other side of the field.

milfords biggest problem is going to be papalii, who has been destroying on the right hand side of the field for hte last month or so.
Austin's generally on the right, but does go both sides, Williams/Cornish are on the left feeding Croker.

Question marks on whether Papa will be up for running at his lil bro IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Gaz
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.