PointsBet Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:35

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to assume very few people have been convicted of said crime.

Common sense would also imply that people in positions of power are wont to abuse it. Refs have been found guilty of match fixing in the past, and the gambling industry is hardly an angelic one. Where is the common sense from you here?

Is it, though? Because one could easily flip this on your argument. Refs actually committing on-field frauds not being committed. The difference is that the accusations punch up with regards to holding those in power to account, and in your case they punch down, with those in power seeking to retain it and prevent further malcontents from dissenting.

I'd actually love to see how many people are convicted on this. Please provide data. Also, if you are able, please provide data on how many officials have been investigated and found guilty of actual match fixing.

In any case, where is the accountability for performing poorly? A promtion to Origin?

The truth is, actually, that the refs are struggling, the league is struggling, and there is good reason to believe that there are entertainment mandates being placed on refs to keep games close, which interferes with their actual job of facilitating a game.

edit: forgot to mention the factions and cliques, e.g., Sutton gang.

Butt, Amir and Asif all went to jail.

Butt, Amir and Asif all went to jail.
Good. So, it pays to investigate. Involvement was linked to gambling too. The question is, where did the impetus to investigate come from? Surely there must have been accusations. How does one do that without risking breaking the law?

Great! I'm glad there are legislative ways to rid the sport of corruption like this. However, the accusations must first exist for an investigation to take place. Otherwise, where do they start looking? It would be a shotgun approach and would also reflect poorly on the sport as a whole.

My question related to referees being found guilty, and also to those accusers being found guilty. My premise is that there would be more likelihood of refs (and players) being found guilty of match-fixing than those being found guilty of false accusations. Why? because there needs to be whistleblower protections in order for there to be people willing to come forward and make such accusations.

Oh, and I'm also saying that Jason Paris was stupid to do it in the way that he did, but sometimes stupid sacrifices need to be made to shine a light on a larger issue. He is dumb, but shouldn't be called a coward. He's just saying what we are all (mostly) thinking. He got it wrong, but the NRL refs are also in desperate need of an overhaul.

Crying about someone calling you, as a ref, a cheat means you shouldn't be a ref. It is 100% going to happen. They should know this. They have a lot of protections, but something is going seriously wrong in their training pathways. Also, if people are actually death-threatening refs, then the problem isn't with the refs, the sport, or the fan base, it is with a society that makes sport an integral facet of a person's identity. That shit is unhealthy, and it has been essentially made to exist for political purposes.

So, not to go too deep into a philosophical rant here, the issue is either far larger than a single game of sport, or far smaller than jail time for a stupid tweet some revved up Kiwi sent.

bloody hope he does.

I'm one of the ones not sold on him.
Definitely not sold. Seems lazy.
However, I would love nothing more than for him to prove me & all the doubters wrong and become a fantastic, damaging back rower 🙏🏻

To add to the refs cheating discussion. I believe we've made it to hard for them with constant rule changes and having the bunker ref in their ear.

The 6 again needs to be dumped as it's a critical call that happens so fast that it is never scrutinised and can lead to suspected ref bias to one side.

Change the double movement back to you lift the ball from the ground while scoring a try it's a double movement. Black and white and not the ambiguous mess it is now.

The bunker should only rule on tries and captains challenge when called on and nothing else. 3 views from different angles at full speed, if nothing clearly wrong just go with the on field refs call and move on.

Everything else is a touch judge coming onto the field to make a report and if something is missed let the MRC deal with it. This will hopefully stop the pedantic and often unnecessary sin bins we see every game.

Perhaps Kev made a right call(?) but for the life of me, can’t get over Jensen being dropped for Tapau/Piakura.

I can understand that Piakura needs 1st grade exposure but can’t take Tapau’s position given that we need a capable workhorse who can punch out longer minutes this weekend & Tapau isn’t that someone. Jensen is.

I don’t want all this to have any bad effect on Jensen rather, want him to use his time off to channel his energies to concentrate on getting his body & mind fresher for the bigger days ahead this season.

Jensen omission is baffling unless he's under an injury cloud or is just burnt out. Don't know how when he's only getting ~35mins a week

We'll get bullied if Piakura and Taupau don't put in

Still cannot believe this put down by the Goates

christian bale smiling GIF

Jensen omission is baffling unless he's under an injury cloud or is just burnt out. Don't know how when he's only getting ~35mins a week

We'll get bullied if Piakura and Taupau don't put in

Him being injured is the only thing that would make the omission make any sense. But even then, him being replaced by a backrower when we have two props backing up from Origin is just baffling.

I don't see how he could be burnt out this early into the season. This is usually when forwards are at peak fitness and it's at the later stages they start to burn out.

They're evidence it's a difficult job, even for the best in their field.
The ref on field sure but the bunker is atleast seeing what we see at home,no excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bazza
  • cento
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Santa
  • Morkel
  • Brocko
  • Nerd
  • Aldo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.