[Round 15, 2021] Broncos vs Rabbitohs

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Bennett: "It is good to have these sorts of tune ups so we can be ready when we play the good teams"

Harsh but true hey?
Bennett's moved into rarefied air in dealing with sports journos. He's in Brisbane. No one gave a rat's about the team he's coaching. They only wanted some quotes on the Broncos. Which he was batting off with withering jibes and smirks. His comment on TPJ only coming to play for him though, straight in the nuts.

Bear in mind, this followed Walter's interview, where he treated questions about Bennett coming back with denial, bordering on disdain.

All said, I prefer Walters' responses to Seibold's, both standing on the same precipice. Seibold looked lost and beaten, unable to respond. Walters is openly saying nothing about the club is up to scratch. On that we can all agree.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Bennett's moved into rarefied air in dealing with sports journos. He's in Brisbane. No one gave a rat's about the team he's coaching. They only wanted some quotes on the Broncos. Which he was batting off with withering jibes and smirks. His comment on TPJ only coming to play for him though, straight in the nuts.

Bear in mind, this followed Walter's interview, where he treated questions about Bennett coming back with denial, bordering on disdain.

All said, I prefer Walters' responses to Seibold's, both standing on the same precipice. Seibold looked lost and beaten, unable to respond. Walters is openly saying nothing about the club is up to scratch. On that we can all agree.
Bennett is an asshole.

Self righteous prick, i sincerely hope he never returns to the Broncos, and if that means he coaches the second Brisbane team, then so be it.

His handling of that post match presser was pure arrogance and i got the distinct feeling he is loving every minute of the Broncos downfall he helped orchestrate.

Look at his track record, he coaches clubs well, and makes sure they are in a shambles when he leaves.
Bloke is a master manipulator and it gets results, both good and bad.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Bennett is an asshole.

Self righteous prick, i sincerely hope he never returns to the Broncos, and if that means he coaches the second Brisbane team, then so be it.

His handling of that post match presser was pure arrogance and i got the distinct feeling he is loving every minute of the Broncos downfall he helped orchestrate.

Look at his track record, he coaches clubs well, and makes sure they are in a shambles when he leaves.

I have to think he feels for Kevvie and I don't think he likes seeing the club where it's at.

T

Tmac

U18 Player
Jan 17, 2020
Bennett is an asshole.

Bennett: "It is good to have these sorts of tune ups so we can be ready when we play the good teams"

Harsh but true hey?
This comment wreaks of arrogance which is never a good look in sport. Wayne sulks when his team loses and smirks when they win - not exactly classy stuff from one of the game's senior statesmen. As for the game being a 'tune up' - well they might need a lot more than a tune up given they went 0-50 against Storm and 12-56 against Penrith. I think I'd be going easy on the arrogance if I were Wayne.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I didn’t watch the game but heard Hunt didn’t touch it until 30 minutes in and upon first touch got absolutely belted. Is that true?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I didn’t watch the game but heard Hunt didn’t touch it until 30 minutes in and upon first touch got absolutely belted. Is that true?
I don't know if that's true, but he was fairly much invisible. But if you look at the stats, he doesn't stand out as being notably poorer than his peers. Bear in mind he shifted to the centres when Arthars was injured. For example:

Passes to receipts

Hunt: 12 to 16
Gamble: 16 to 32
Niu: 10 to 27
Farnworth: 2 to 15

Gamble clearly got the ball more but Hunt was more likely to pass it.
Farnworth hogged it.

Tackles, missed, ineffective

Hunt: 21, 2, 4
Gamble: 26, 3, 2
Turpin: 46, 2, 6
Farnworth: 11, 2, 1
Niu: 1, 2, 1
Coates, 7, 2, 0
Glenn: 27, 8, 0
Robati: 42, 1, 3

Not a lot to see there other than Niu didn't do much in defence. Glenn was well below par. And Robati is earning his spot.

Errors, Handling errors

Hunt: 0, 0
Gamble: 0
Farnworth: 1, 1
Turpin: 1, 1
Paix: 1, 1 + stripped
Niu: 3, 2
Glenn: 1, 1

Niu made a lot of errors. But fullbacks usually do.
I'm sure Glenn was worse than that.

Runs, Metres

Hunt: 5, 33
Gamble: 5, 37
Turpin: 3, 19
Niu: 15, 125
Farnworth: 14, 139
Coates: 7, 33

Turpin doesn't run enough. Farnworth hogs. Coates didn't get enough ball.

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Ironically he didn't touch an attacker all night either.

But yeah I definitely remember him getting belted.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
I actually think the score line really flattered us, and I don’t mean the 46 against.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
I don't know if that's true, but he was fairly much invisible. But if you look at the stats, he doesn't stand out as being notably poorer than his peers. Bear in mind he shifted to the centres when Arthars was injured. For example:

Passes to receipts

Hunt: 12 to 16
Gamble: 16 to 32
Niu: 10 to 27
Farnworth: 2 to 15

Gamble clearly got the ball more but Hunt was more likely to pass it.
Farnworth hogged it.

Tackles, missed, ineffective

Hunt: 21, 2, 4
Gamble: 26, 3, 2
Turpin: 46, 2, 6
Farnworth: 11, 2, 1
Niu: 1, 2, 1
Coates, 7, 2, 0
Glenn: 27, 8, 0
Robati: 42, 1, 3

Not a lot to see there other than Niu didn't do much in defence. Glenn was well below par. And Robati is earning his spot.

Errors, Handling errors

Hunt: 0, 0
Gamble: 0
Farnworth: 1, 1
Turpin: 1, 1
Paix: 1, 1 + stripped
Niu: 3, 2
Glenn: 1, 1

Niu made a lot of errors. But fullbacks usually do.
I'm sure Glenn was worse than that.

Runs, Metres

Hunt: 5, 33
Gamble: 5, 37
Turpin: 3, 19
Niu: 15, 125
Farnworth: 14, 139
Coates: 7, 33

Turpin doesn't run enough. Farnworth hogs. Coates didn't get enough ball.
Farnworth played wing most of the game, who was he supposed to pass it to, the touch judge?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Farnworth played wing most of the game, who was he supposed to pass it to, the touch judge?
His stats last week were 19 receipts, 2 passes. He's a hog. You seem him hitting up the centre every game, but you almost never see him linking up with his winger and creating an overlap. The bread and butter of centre play.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I like Kelly and Gamble more and more after seeing this.
Sadly i reckon neither will be here for too long, much like the rest of these players.
I actually think they all busted their guts last night, knowing their careers are at stake. You have to blame talent and coaching at this point, not attitude. The only exceptions being Glenn, who is clearly past it, and Hunt, who is somewhere between rusty and past it.

Kevvy's subtext is blaming the cattle. He doesn't think he can coach this lot. That might be at least partly true, but there are talented players in this team who are trying, and who have not progressed under his coaching. Turpin busts his guts every game, but even with his talent ceiling he's looking undercoached. I could go right through the team and not find one who's got better this season. TPJ has managed not to get pinged as much, but at the cost of menace. Nope, can't think of one player who looks like he's benefited from the Red Hill experience. Those who have shone however briefly, seem to have found their feet in the ISC.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • Matheos
  • Swordfish
  • broncos4life
  • Strop
  • Culhwch
  • davidp
  • Aldo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fozz
  • Scorchie
  • Skyblues87
  • Jedhead
  • Robboi_321
  • Manofoneway
  • johnny plath
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.