Round 16 - Broncos vs Sharks - Post Match Discussion

love how griffin told copley to show that he's origin worthy before the game, well hook, how about you show us you're coach worthy you asshole. pathetic

We played ourselves into a dominant position and if not for the refs changing all momentum, we wouldn't have been screwed over and suddenly chasing a game Cronulla should never have been allowed into. Some of you really need to try and be a bit more objective, we were not anywhere near as bad as a lot of you suggest, the refs had the single biggest influence on that game.

The turning point of the game was the bullshit penalty on the tackle on Carney when he juggled the ball. Absolute dogshit call and pretty much self explanatory about the state of the refereeing.

It is killing our game.

I won't be ... i barely watch any games outside of the Broncos anymore ... i got sick of watching the refs ruin them through their incompetence

Yeah I watched the first ten minutes and there were already five or six penalties (in the Roosters/ Manly game). Bring back one referee, and get rid of that ridiculous try or no try shit for the video ref: Thaiday was robbed of a legitimate last Wed because of it, and Copley was blatantly attacked in the air tonight.

I've said it before ... and i think it may need to be said again ...

If we want Griffin gone ... we need to play poorly and lose.

Many. people who watch plenty of lower grade football have said that our young halve simply aren't ready for the task of NRL footy yet ... and with the 5/8 jersey just being "warmed" this year until Milford arrives, there isn't much point risking them, we are far better off letting them develop in the lower grades until they are ready for the standard of the NRL.

That doesn't mean there aren't other ways around this(for example exploring the option of signing Cody Walker etc) nor does it mean the club couldn't have explored the option of switching hoffman to fullback and Barba to 5/8th(who has bulked up which contradicts that Milford is a certainty for 5/8th next season). Options always exist and it's a poor coach that refuses to explore them when necessary. You think the side of 2000 didn't benefit from blooding a lot of youngsters in 1999 in critical positions for long lengths of the season?

Last edited:
Lol at all the people saying thaiday is in career best form. Another game with 4 runs. Zero leadership particularly when it was sorely needed.

Last edited:
That doesn't mean there aren't other ways around this(for example exploring the option of signing Cody Walker etc) nor does it mean the club couldn't have explored the option of switching hoffman to fullback and Barba to 5/8th(who has bulked up which contradicts that Milford is a certainty for 5/8th next season). Options always exist and it's a poor coach that refuses to explore them when necessary.

well we couldn't sign Cody Walker since he plays for the Storm and they refuse to release him

C'mon people, the refs were inept for both sides, we had plenty of chance to win,the Broncs started jogging at 22 nil. Blame the team and Griffin......Hoggman as usual was crap, Hunt was Herculean ,Hodges was ordinary as was Copley,Stagg,Thaiday,Wallace,Barba,Reed in fact there were only a few good ones, Oates was good as well as Hannant,Granville too. We just didn't have enough people playing well....but it wasn't the refs, they were equally bad for both..Nicholls for 5/8

The ten metres was a joke as well, the two refs were giving completely different lines, half the time they were barely back 8 metres.

Copley lost an origin jersery

stagg is air swinging and just amazes me he gets in the team

HOW MUCH DOES BEN HUNT HAVE TO DO! Try assist, any sort of decent kicking, one on one tackles and the team still cannot support hi enough toe in a game. his kicking game is ruined because it's easily read who else will put up a decent kick? HOFFMAN HAS TO GO. You can but a centre on the wing or a front rower in the second row but a winger at best cannot play in the halves! Give Ben hunt the support he deserves

It's not just broncos momentum gone but barba's as well

What did we just see. We were laughing at 22-0 hunt had the ball on a rope this is so humiliating

Lo lat all the people saying thaiday is in career best form. Another game with 4 runs.

The majority of his games this season have been great, one poor game doesn't change that.

Positives
1. Hala did really well, a pre-season with Corvo could turn him into to an absolute machine/monster.
2. Granville seemed dangerous in offence all momentum left when he left the field.
3. Hunt was great as usual, 3 try assists and used Glenn as a HOLE RUNNER! Learn from that Hoffman please!

Negatives
1. Hoffman needs to go, I'm sorry there's no room for him at the broncos bye bye.
2. Stagg retire already! You humiliating yourself. You wanna retire a legend not a pillow!
3. Jarrod Wallace is useless stupid penalty, doesn't even tackle anyone just falls onto them.
4. Hodges and his god damn brain explosions! The sideline is out he does know that right?
5. Barba I thought he was getting some form and confidence but all that has turn to shit get him a real 5/8 lose 5-10kg than get ready for 2015.
6. Squad oration was shit, the broncos can't afford to have Stagg, Wallace and Lowrie on all at the same time. As soon as one of Hannant or McGuire left the ruck was terrible!
7. We need our full squad, both warriors and sharks game would of been wins with McCullough, Parker and Gillett

C'mon people, the refs were inept for both sides, we had plenty of chance to win,the Broncs started jogging at 22 nil. Blame the team and Griffin......Hoggman as usual was crap, Hunt was Herculean ,Hodges was ordinary as was Copley,Stagg,Thaiday,Wallace,Barba,Reed in fact there were only a few good ones, Oates was good as well as Hannant,Granville too. We just didn't have enough people playing well....but it wasn't the refs, they were equally bad for both..Nicholls for 5/8

You can hardly argue the Sharks received the rough end of the stick in that match when it came to reffing, nothing that really you could claim controversial. I agree our own faults contributed to our loss, I'm not making excuses for that, I just don't buy the argument it was the sole reason for our loss, you can't tell me that period where the Sharks were handed blatantly gifted repeat sets of six didn't have an impact on that match.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Skyblues87
  • Mister Wright
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.