Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

TBF I think the Isaako and roosters rumour started pretty much the day after fergo signed with eels.

But as has been said previously it would seem a very strange career choice for Isaako to move to the roosters if he has his sights set on being a fullback.

I still envision that Boyd will finish his career in the centres... nevertheless there is a massive chance for Isaako to become the long term fullback at Brisbane in the not too distant future

What a fuckhead.

I can't be sure if he has always been a fuckhead or Hayne turned him into a fuckhead, but one thing is for sure; he is a fuckhead.
When he would miss a tackle in the NYC he would turn and yell at the player defending inside him. I've debated with certain people on here who will deny it all day but he's always had a shitty attitude on the field. Hayne doesn't deserve the blame for this one.

Just watched the replay - that's exactly what happened.

I suppose looking at the ref counts as looking right? But Milf regains his footing and would have scored.

Easy to say it now because we have the benefit of looking at it again without any of the pressure.

He didn't. He had seconds to make a decision and when he looked right, Milford wasn't in any position to get the ball. So he looked for other support and didn't find any.

I don't know how true this is, but apparently Taylor's poor performance was due to disappointment from not being selected for Game III.

If that is true, then it does raise some questions about his attitude.

Easy to say it now because we have the benefit of looking at it again without any of the pressure.

He didn't. He had seconds to make a decision and when he looked right, Milford wasn't in any position to get the ball. So he looked for other support and didn't find any.

He should have looked right again, Milford was in. He had enough time to look again - maybe Milford wasn't calling loud enough, I don't know. It's a recurring happening - Milf supports and doesn't get the ball when he should. Whereas in 2015 and 16. he was getting a lot more quality offloads.

He should have looked right again, Milford was in. He had enough time to look again - maybe Milford wasn't calling loud enough, I don't know. It's a recurring happening - Milf supports and doesn't get the ball when he should. Whereas in 2015 and 16. he was getting a lot more quality offloads.
By the time Milf regathers and is in a position to receive, Sims is fighting off the tackle and had next to no chance of passing it to Milf. Watched the whole replay and given the split second decision to be made, I don’t blame Sims.

Imagine the howls of discontent if Sims tried to offload and it went forward/got picked up by the Titans - at least he secured the ball ready for the next play.

By the time Milf regathers and is in a position to receive, Sims is fighting off the tackle and had next to no chance of passing it to Milf. Watched the whole replay and given the split second decision to be made, I don’t blame Sims.

Imagine the howls of discontent if Sims tried to offload and it went forward/got picked up by the Titans - at least he secured the ball ready for the next play.

Yeah this. If this was TPJ that made the break it would either not be discussed or he would be praised for summing up the situation and not overplaying his hand.

People just hate Korbin Sims, simple as that.

When he would miss a tackle in the NYC he would turn and yell at the player defending inside him. I've debated with certain people on here who will deny it all day but he's always had a shitty attitude on the field. Hayne doesn't deserve the blame for this one.
Agree
Same off the field. Some people in Toowoomba think it is just a matter of time before it catches up with him.

No there is clearly a 2 or three second window where if he had looked to his right, Milf was away. Offloads like that happen in split seconds, you either throw them and time them to perfection or throw them and **** up/don't throw them. Either way, we'll have to agree to disagree.

I'm just annoyed at seeing Milford support play and not get the ball - it's his greatest ability imo and it is not utilized enough.

Yeah this. If this was TPJ that made the break it would either not be discussed or he would be praised for summing up the situation and not overplaying his hand.

People just hate Korbin Sims, simple as that.

There is a difference, and it's not hating Korbin for the sake of it..but he IS a Sims. Sims gonna Sims, always have and always will. Plus TPJ would have made the offload and it would have been sexy as.

There is a difference, and it's not hating Korbin for the sake of it..but he IS a Sims. Sims gonna Sims, always have and always will. Plus TPJ would have made the offload and it would have been sexy as.
TPJ does have a habit of throwing majestic passes against the Titans!

TBF TPJ has a bit more talent and if you can’t throw a pass you are better off holding onto the ball

TBF TPJ has a bit more talent and if you can’t throw a pass you are better off holding onto the ball

For sure - I'm glad he didn't derp it up either way, a small annoyance in a game that was mostly pleasing to watch. I highlighted earlier why it stuck out for me re: Milf support play.

Terrific win for the Broncos.

I was hoping for a win and thought we'd be a good chance despite missing some players but I didn't think we'd turn in a performance like that.

The most pleasing thing was seeing a lot of new players stand up and be counted. Hopefully WB takes it on board and not just keep persevering with numpties.

Another thing I liked is that we went on with the job after scoring first. Also, really pleased with the defense. It would've been the easiest thing to concede a few soft tries but it was great to see them dig in and keep the Titans to 0.

Regarding Ash Taylor, plenty of gloating and dog piling going on here. I won't jump in. Winners are grinners and enjoy yourselves.

I will say though that he's not the first halfback playing behind a pack that was well and truly demolished. He did have a few own goals with not finding touch from a penalty and kicking out on the full but I'm not sure what he could've done with that forward pack and it's not like Milford and Nikorima haven't endured the same sort of thing.

It's okay Broncos fans - I like to pretend that Round 1 game against the Dragons didn't happen either.

Terrific win for the Broncos.

I was hoping for a win and thought we'd be a good chance despite missing some players but I didn't think we'd turn in a performance like that.

The most pleasing thing was seeing a lot of new players stand up and be counted. Hopefully WB takes it on board and not just keep persevering with numpties.

Another thing I liked is that we went on with the job after scoring first. Also, really pleased with the defense. It would've been the easiest thing to concede a few soft tries but it was great to see them dig in and keep the Titans to 0.

Regarding Ash Taylor, plenty of gloating and dog piling going on here. I won't jump in. Winners are grinners and enjoy yourselves.

I will say though that he's not the first halfback playing behind a pack that was well and truly demolished. He did have a few own goals with not finding touch from a penalty and kicking out on the full but I'm not sure what he could've done with that forward pack and it's not like Milford and Nikorima haven't endured the same sort of thing.

It's okay Broncos fans - I like to pretend that Round 1 game against the Dragons didn't happen either.

Playing behind a beaten forward pack doesn’t make you kick it out on the full or not find touch on a penalty or through forward passes or put it shit kicks (especially this is your only real attribute) or take players out leading to more penalties and more punishment for your forwards or an overall shit attitude.

I look at Taylor's performance as poor, but he was in a beaten pack, with plenty of poor performers around him.
His problem is, like milford, he is the marque player at the club and is expected to perform to justify the investment.
I think it would be harsh to expect him to change the result, but it would not be unreasonable to perform where he can and some strong defence, a few darts around the forwards and just picking the right kicking game were not beyond his reach.
That he allowed himself to be carried along with the games momentum rather than using his kicking game and game management to slow things down, leads me to think he needs to work a lot harder on and off the field to be thought of as a serious origin contender.
With that said there are all the ingredients of a very good if not great halfback there, with only attitude and application missing.

More people are talking about Taylor's shitty attitude rather than the fact he played a little bit worse than he has in every other game this season.

Playing behind a beaten forward pack doesn’t make you kick it out on the full or not find touch on a penalty or through forward passes or put it shit kicks (especially this is your only real attribute) or take players out leading to more penalties and more punishment for your forwards or an overall shit attitude.

Typical b4l... read one line you don't agree with and away you go...

I actually did say that the poor kicks were solely on Ash Taylor. I called them 'own goals.'

Forward passes, at this point in time, are a joke in the NRL. For every one that gets pulled up I could find 20 that get let go. Even in Sunday's game. That's every game mate. It's a lottery.

I forgot about him taking out Kahu. I was watching the game with the sound off. Why wasn't it ten in the bin? Does anyone know?

How exactly does he have a shit attitude? Do you know him personally? Seeing a player blow up at team mates is probably a sign of frustration more than anything.

They were expecting an easy game and didn't get it.

Active Now

• Volvo Driver
  • GCBRONCO
  • lynx000
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • armchair
  • Behold
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Skathen
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • broncoscope
  • LittleDavey
  • Culhwch
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.