PRE-GAME [Round 21, 2024] Broncos vs Bulldogs

5:30pm is night
3.30pm is day
According to the Criminal Code in QLD we have been winning most of our day games.....

I agree with the sentiments of most but who else is there other than patty or a hybrid of kobe/willison/ Oates. Just our luck that the position we have the worst depth in is the one we suffer the most interruptions to this year.
Most of us identified this issue at the start of the year when Capewell was released.
Piakura has a significant injury history.
Hunt is primarily a middle and not proven at NRL level
Oates was a maybe, but he's played about 40 mins there all season.
Gos was the mid-season solution and I get his injury has hurt us, but it was a glaring issue from the pre-season.
I've said it before - 3 feeder clubs and we can't find a competent player to fill a gap?

Patston looked good in the trials and (from what others have posted) has seemed to kick on a bit over the course of this year in Cup - does he deserve a jumper? Would he be worse than our other options?

Patston looked good in the trials and (from what others have posted) has seemed to kick on a bit over the course of this year in Cup - does he deserve a jumper? Would he be worse than our other options?

I’m not sure his style is what the Broncos need. He’s wide running score two tries and make 67m. Which is fine at the mean nasty Bears, other mean nasty Bears pick up the slack but are the Broncos in that position?

I’m not sure his style is what the Broncos need. He’s wide running score two tries and make 67m. Which is fine at the mean nasty Bears, other mean nasty Bears pick up the slack but are the Broncos in that position?

Piaks is not a renowned metre eater, we don’t really use our second rowers for that.

Most of us identified this issue at the start of the year when Capewell was released.
Piakura has a significant injury history.
Hunt is primarily a middle and not proven at NRL level
Oates was a maybe, but he's played about 40 mins there all season.
Gos was the mid-season solution and I get his injury has hurt us, but it was a glaring issue from the pre-season.
I've said it before - 3 feeder clubs and we can't find a competent player to fill a gap?
No doubt the club knew as well but it's hard to replace a player of capewells calibre and keep piakura. I wonder if palasia might have been able to have been kept if we knew capewell was leaving. It's something the club needs to address in the off season. Developing some of our middles to play back row

Piaks is not a renowned metre eater, we don’t really use our second rowers for that.

I don’t think that style is what’s best at the moment. It puts a lot of pressure on other players.

Patston is still unknown, to bring him in now I think would have an element of risk the Broncos can’t afford.

Game on bulldogs. Cobbo and piakura good to go.

that article pretty much sums up our season ... if Piakura does prove his fitness, this weeks game will only be the 3rd time all season that we've been able to name a full strength side.

the other 2 games were both against the Roosters (round 1 & round 9) and we lost players early in both of those games

Active Now

• the_next
  • Wolfie
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Johnny92
  • broncsgoat
  • HVbronco
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • BroncsNBundy
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • phoenix
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • leon.bott
  • jarro65
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.