10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I was impressed with Joe O and the limited ball he had tonight, so maybe we should consider a heavy bench to match it with the Dogs and give KNik the week off.

Is Blair back next week?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: PRE-GAME - Round 22 - Canterbury Bulldogs

Is Blair back next week?

No, and the Dogs can smell blood.

It's up to the playing group if they want this to become a slump or not.

Blair is out for 2. Our forward pack will really need to lift. Dominated by the Manly one, pretty embarassing.

One of the pleasing things this season is the Broncos have always hit back after a loss.

We will do it again next week.

Reynolds is out. Not sure yet if that's a positive or a negative.

Reynolds is out. Not sure yet if that's a positive or a negative.

Well at least our players legs are safe from compound fractures. The Tripster is out.

The Dogs are in terrible form so it's in the teams hands.

One of the pleasing things this season is the Broncos have always hit back after a loss.

We will do it again next week.

56-0 against the Raiders.

Won our next 7 in a row, that's the part everyone forgets about that game.

I would start Doddsy over Wallace. We need to shore up our ruck against their big boppers and Wallace is just that bit too loose... Not that he was particularly bad, but boy was it noticeable that we were missing Blair and Moose!

We can't afford to stand back and wait for the opposition forwards to come to us. We have to move up and make solid contact before their huge forwards get a full head of steam. If we have a non-existent line speed they'll just get a roll on and then we'll be in trouble.

I don't understand if our defence just standing back and waiting is a deliberate tactic or not. I just don't get it. Every time we've looked vulnerable in any game throughout the season, it's when we have no line speed.

In comparison, every time we've looked threatening, we've had good line speed with solid shoulder contact well before the opposition reaches the advantage line.

It's just mind boggling why we revert back to standing back, waiting, and sometimes even retreating, when we've had so much success when we move up as defensive line to meet our opposition.

Last edited:

I would start Doddsy over Wallace. We need to shore up our ruck against their big boppers and Wallace is just that bit too loose... Not that he was particularly bad, but boy was it noticeable that we were missing Blair and Moose!

+1... I love how hard dodds tackles

The Broncos don't purposefully employ limited to no linespeed, rather they'd prefer keeping a line than a few players shooting up because it creates gaps elsewhere which can be exploited.

The lack of line-speed last night was a problem and will be the first thing that will be addressed at training.

Milford and Hunt will be doing plenty of extras too.

We are definitely lacking a mongrel giant forward that does nothing but rage. Most teams have at least one, we haven't had one since Tallis. The dogs forward pack will monster ours, brace yourselves.

Our forward pack is definitely too nice and inoffensive. Rated PG. Only exception is sometimes Parker and MAYBE sometimes McGuire, but they never go past just M. I'd like to see a damaging prop who isn't just a Die Hard 4, but a Kill Bill or a Hard Boiled. Ofa looks like Space Jam atm too.

Would be great if we could steal Napa or something. Maybe have his bro Maranta lure him here.

Last edited:

Whenever we do show mongrel we get penalized..

You are right about that. Wallace gwts penalized just for running on the field.

Our forward pack is definitely too nice and inoffensive. Rated PG. Only exception is sometimes Parker and MAYBE sometimes McGuire, but they never go past just M. I'd like to see a damaging prop who isn't just a Die Hard 4, but a Kill Bill or a Hard Boiled. Ofa looks like Space Jam atm too.

Would be great if we could steal Napa or something. Maybe have his bro Maranta lure him here.

LOL outstanding post well done!!! Kill Bill FTW!!!

The Broncos don't purposefully employ limited to no linespeed, rather they'd prefer keeping a line than a few players shooting up because it creates gaps elsewhere which can be exploited.

The lack of line-speed last night was a problem and will be the first thing that will be addressed at training.

Milford and Hunt will be doing plenty of extras too.

Our defensive structure sucks, and Manly exposed its weakness. All sides will have noticed that. Good defensive line speed doesn't mean a few players shooting out of the line. The best sides keep their line straight and intact and fast moving - we did it against the Roosters. A slow defensive line allows a good side to create gaps which will be exploited, as Manly showed all too well.

I hope it is addressed at training 'cos it has to be. The thing for me is that when the defensive line crunches the attack as it did v Roosters, confidence grows and reinforces the whole team's mental strength and desire to keep hitting hard.

Milford and Hunt were completely outplayed, not so much individually, but 'cos the whole team was overwhelmed by a relentless onslaught from a very determined and targeted attack.

It exposed just how young and inexperienced this side still is which is just the way it is, and we can only get better from the experience. I see a win against the Dogs.

Good god, so much doom and gloom after one loss.

What the **** is wrong with you guys. You're drunk off winning and the bar tender just denied you a 9th one so you're getting aggro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Manifesto
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bish
  • mrslong
  • Jazza
  • Big Del
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • The Don
  • Gaz
  • Fitzy
  • eggstar10
  • Stix
  • Broncos Maestro
  • sooticus
  • Justwin
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • winslow_wong
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.