PRE-GAME Round 23 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Round23Team

I hope the team unites and makes a serious run to the finals. But I also get the feeling there's some disharmony in the club and we could be getting belted out of the top 8 in the next few weeks
Tigers need 2 wins and us to lose the rest I think? I hate that we're in this position. How the **** we lost to the 2 bottom sides of the comp with pretty much our season riding has me fucked.

Kahu back to centres??? Has Wayne lost the plot?

Logged in just to comment on this. Is Wayne trying to kamikaze us?

Surely he puts Staggs on after like...ten seconds, and Kahu is the cover.

He is trying to go for players he trusts I guess and who have the experience even if they are out of form. Bit dissapointing

Typical conservative decisions made by Bennett. He is a stubborn old bastard who has mastered the art of mediocrity!

Yeah, his career record is mediocre indeed.

Yea you can’t just keep looking in the past aye, when’s our last bloody premiership. Kahu is shit at centre and they will demolish him.

Edit: Insult other member

Last edited by a moderator:
He is trying to go for players he trusts I guess and who have the experience even if they are out of form. Bit dissapointing

So why was kahu dropped last week then? Wtf is going on....

I am one of the biggest anti-Opacic people on this forum and I would MUCH rather see him get another chance at centre than Kahu. Kahu no longer has a place in this team when Oates & Isaako are on the wings.

I am one of the biggest anti-Opacic people on this forum and I would MUCH rather see him get another chance at centre than Kahu. Kahu no longer has a place in this team when Oates & Isaako are on the wings.

Defensively, we need to be more solid, and that to me means Boyd or Opacic at center. Feel a bit for Kahu. Wayne keeps throwing him in at the deep end after injury. Sometimes you just need to let blokes get their fitness and form back in ISC.

Defensively, we need to be more solid, and that to me means Boyd or Opacic at center. Feel a bit for Kahu. Wayne keeps throwing him in at the deep end after injury. Sometimes you just need to let blokes get their fitness and form back in ISC.
Who says the backline won't be shifted around during the week? Nobody pays much attention to the Tuesday team lists especially when Bennett is notorious for making late changes

Who says the backline won't be shifted around during the week? Nobody pays much attention to the Tuesday team lists especially when Bennett is notorious for making late changes

I dont think it will, but you never know.

If we’re worried about Kahu’s defensive abilities and Isaako’s lack of ball playing skills from the back why not put Kahu at FB?

Boyd’s the better defensive centre and while Kahu may not have the strike power if Isaako he has more ball playing ability

Really dissapointed in this team. Thought this was a final chance to roll the dice and spark a late season surge (as unlikely as it is). We may have a slightly higher percentage chance to win the game (still a very low chance though) but win or lose this wont spark our season.

If we were playing well but losing, or players were putting in but it just wasnt happening, or if the 2 games we lost were not must win games for us then I’d understand maybe bennett would give them another chance but those games we had plenty to play for and the players put in absolutely no effort. Even if there are limited options for replacements something had to be tried out. “Dont die with the music in you” indeed.

Im a bennett fan and dont think he should go out this way, and i may be reading too much into these poor selections, but this team seems to me like a bit of a “ive got your back players if you have my back against paul white and co.” type selection. I hope not, but it seems that way.

I would have went:

1. Isaako
2. Pearson/Boyd/kahu (wing or nothing)
3. Boyd/Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Oates
6. Milford
7. Nikorima/Dargan/Murphy (only not dargan if he has signed for another club already)
8. Thaiday - 20 mins only, last chance
9. Mccullough
10. Mcguire
11. Glenn
12. TPJ
13. Ofa

14. Nikorima/Turpin/Dargan
15. Lodge (best prop by a long way but we need him off the bench to carry us in the middle of the game)
16. Fifita
17. Sims

The reason for the 2-3 options is because i dont see them train or know how much effort they are putting in at training, and in those cases i would choose between those players on that basis purely. Its time players showed they wanted the jersey and bennett should make those border line decisions based purely on that. I dont think nikorima has done as badly as what people say on here but I do think all his best assets can be just as well used from a bench hooker role and macca needs a rocket/pressure to improve his effort lately. Boyd has to go from fb, his defensive efforts/alertness has dropped massively. Not all of these chamges had to be made but at least a few would have been nice to show an effort in trying something different. I really like staggs as a player btw, but FFS, why is he in the 17 if he is playing ZERO FUCKING MINUTES?!

Last edited:

Active Now

• Battler
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • kiwi2
  • Culhwch
  • Jazza
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • lynx000
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosAlways
  • Huge
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • leon.bott
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.