POST GAME [Round 25, 2024] Broncos vs Eels

I'm not sure what Kevvie is smoking but he is adamant that we are making the finals.

Nice to get another tick in the win column.
Sailor came into some form and finally looked more like the guy from the start of the year.
Mozer not coming on around the 30 min mark is crazy but maybe Kev wanted him to close out the game.
Cobbo had some really good moments but looks like he doesn't want to be there. Good to see him putting in though. Hopefully starting to understand that taking the big coin means turning up and being a pro.
Staggs and Reyno, mostly good.
Carrigan , champion.
Team play though, nothing much has changed. We looked lost inside 20 most of the time.
Got away with the win in similar fashion to quite a few of our wins last year by hanging in and scoring from long range or off kicks.
Getting the win right now is all that matters. We just need the Dragons to stumble and potentially go into the Melb game nearly full strength.

Horrible, just horrible.

I think we would have been served better by copping the loss, now the coach can continue to pretend that everything is ok and just carry on business as usual.
Cheer up.

Gotta give it to RCG. Must be the fatsest and fittest forward in the NRL.

Was able to be up in our forwards faces smashing them all night and never once called offside. Absolute modern marvel...

We literally won our first game of the season against the panthers in a gritty display.

Again, you hang your hopes on 1 game. As i said to you previously, i like consistency of performance week in week out. We certainly don't have that this year, and plenty of times last year we just ran over the top of teams due to the brilliance of Walsh and Arey rather than our defensive steel.

Cobbo played well but his body language said otherwise. Seems like he does not want to be playing at the moment. He definitely needs this season to end to sort out his personal issues.

If these ***** at the Broncos give that money grabbing Payne Haas the player of the year again when he doesnt deserve over King Patty it i'm going to riot.
I don’t think Haas has played enough games this year to be anywhere near our Pat.

The majestic bastard was not even blowing when he was interviewed post game.

Again, you hang your hopes on 1 game. As i said to you previously, i like consistency of performance week in week out. We certainly don't have that this year, and plenty of times last year we just ran over the top of teams due to the brilliance of Walsh and Arey rather than our defensive steel.
What do you mean? when have i raised the panthers game previously? We were the worst team for errors last season and the second best defensively. We won games off the back our defensive steel...

What do you mean? when have i raised the panthers game previously?

You have named one gritty win from 2023. The other time was when you were referencing one win against the storm on a different topic. I'm just not a fan of trying to prove a point with single games. Like i say, i judge what the team does week in week out.

I don't mind that from Kev, everyone knows the Dragons are in the box seat but I tell you what, they're not exactly over the line just yet and now they got the coach of another club in the race for that spot saying without any shadow of a doubt that they'll be playing finals.

They've choked once or twice themselves. They're a 92/93% chance at this stage.

If we lost a back we would have been singing praises. Teams pick backs on the bench every week including Billy slater at origin. Get over it. It didn't cost us shit tonight.
No I won't. Running a small and light 3 man bench on the off chance a back gets injured for cover is poor roster management. A back rower or someone else should be able to cover it on rare occasions. if that's not possible than it's a failure on behalf of the coaching staff. Having your 4th bench spot dedicated to someone who can only cover wing and centre is dumb.

Staggs has 2 good games and our salary cap is in disarray once again. How do we keep Staggs, Cobbo and Mariner? Players that stand up with 150% games 25% of the time!
It’s easy we let Cobbo go.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Bucking Beads
  • johnny plath
  • Harry Sack
  • barker
  • Broncosgirl
  • the_next
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fitzy
  • scobie
  • Waynesaurus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.