POST GAME [Round 25, 2024] Broncos vs Eels

You have named one gritty win from 2023. The other time was when you were referencing one win against the storm on a different topic. I'm just not a fan of trying to prove a point with single games. Like i say, i judge what the team does week in week out.
Go re-watch our win against the Dolphins, Dragons, Eels, Warriors. All very good examples of our ability to win gritty which is exactly what we showed tonight.

Just let yourself be a fan for once Wolfie, you might enjoy it.

No I won't. Running a small and light 3 man bench on the off chance a back gets injured for cover is poor roster management. A back rower or someone else should be able to cover it on rare occasions. if that's not possible than it's a failure on behalf of the coaching staff. Having your 4th bench spot dedicated to someone who can only cover wing and centre is dumb.
Roster management? yes you know your football good sir.. Or do you mean team selection?

Held their nerve after a dreadful start. Reyno's kicking game turned the tide, Sailor played his best game of the season and Patty was tireless.

That's twice the boys have found themselves down and been able to pull themselves out of it. Hopefully they don't make a habit of it, but there's something to be learned about being patient and getting into the grind.

We’re the Broncos
The mighty Broncos
We keep fighting every second till the end

We’re the Broncos
The greatest team on earth
We’re the heart of all Queensland

Never stop
We never rest
On and on we beat the best
Never giving up we bleed maroon and gold

For the league
We risk it all
Miles above
We’re standing tall
We’re the finest and the greatest club of all

We’re the Broncos
The mighty Broncos
We keep fighting every second till the end

We breathe in our soul
The best game of all
We are the Broncos of Queensland

Hey!!

Well

The Broncos are our name
Through the north we won our fame
Being handy with the ball
And we drove the Blues insane
And we put on a move
And we scored a certain try
So sing out our alibi

You didn’t know we had to beat ya
And we’re so sorry my friends
You didn’t know we had to beat ya

We will never do it again

Bullshit

It ended up being a solid performance considering our injuries
Wtf is with these horrible starts though, surely has to be mental or something

NRL2024BHQFullTimeRound25

Moment of the match for me was seeing reyno bail up sivo and push him into touch. Reyno made some good tackles tonight meaning his biceps is on the mend. He has been a speed bump since returning but looks to have some confidence in defence again which is great to see.

I thought after that horrible first 10 minutes, we were pretty decent given we had three huge names out still in Walsh, Haas and Mam. Some of you guys need to temper your expectations. We won against a team clearly up for it from the start and who we’ve had trouble against in recent years. All good signs.

And as for the presser, for some of you, Kevvie could have said the opposite and you’d still bag him out. Can’t win that poor bloke no matter what he says or does.

I have to laugh at that Parra challenge on half time.

Mariner places his hands on Gutho and Gutho literally kicks the ball dead but it gets deemed a push.

Mind-boggling that was successful.

I have to laugh at that Parra challenge on half time.

Mariner places his hands on Gutho and Gutho literally kicks the ball dead but it gets deemed a push.

Mind-boggling that was successful.
thought they changed the rule that if you were shepherding the ball over the line you were fair game

thought they changed the rule that if you were shepherding the ball over the line you were fair game

Not sure about that but you usually are fair game. I've lost count on the amount of times I've seen similar when a player is shielding the ball and it hasn't been pulled up if a player places their hands on them in the process.

It was a ridiculous ruling. I guarantee you'll see the same thing in just about every other game this weekend and nothing.

I thought after that horrible first 10 minutes, we were pretty decent given we had three huge names out still in Walsh, Haas and Mam. Some of you guys need to temper your expectations. We won against a team clearly up for it from the start and who we’ve had trouble against in recent years. All good signs.

And as for the presser, for some of you, Kevvie could have said the opposite and you’d still bag him out. Can’t win that poor bloke no matter what he says or does.
The team we beat tonight came within minutes of beating Penrith 2 weeks ago..
Just because their battling for the spoon doesn't make them a bad side on their day.

So totally agree with you it's good signs we bounced back after that 10 mins and came away with the win missing 3 of our biggest names.

If these ***** at the Broncos give that money grabbing Payne Haas the player of the year again when he doesnt deserve over King Patty i'm going to riot.
It’s Carrigan v Staggs to finish the season.

Go re-watch our win against the Dolphins, Dragons, Eels, Warriors. All very good examples of our ability to win gritty which is exactly what we showed tonight.

Just let yourself be a fan for once Wolfie, you might enjoy it.
That game against the sharks last year during origin was also up there.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • barker
  • Broncosgirl
  • the_next
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • scobie
  • Waynesaurus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.