Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Yup, they made a rod for their backs allowing Jennings' try in Origin imo. I'm not usually a fan of grey rules, I prefer black and white, but I'm happy with this one. Players are offside from kicks ALL THE TIME. If they have no impact on the play, then it's ok as far as I'm concerned. If they distract or put off or otherwise influence the opposing team, then penalise it.

Jennings wasn't even a passive offside ... he chased the ball,

they have a passive offside rule in soccer and it works quite well imo.

I was really happy the way we started this game. Throwing the ball around and playing with lots of energy sure makes for a nice change. We usualy wait till we are 16 points down and then try pull something out of our butts in the last 8mins.

I thought Hunt was terrific, always looks so dangerous when he runs the ball.

I hate explaining jokes as well Astro, very clever mate!

Easily the best win of the season. It's probably the only time where there's no 'yeah, but...' attached to the result, the Broncos were simply impressive.

It was eerily reminiscent of last year's Round 25 effort. Coming up against the bench mark side after they had flogged us earlier in the season - the boys saw this as a test and they rose to the occasion. For the first time all season, I'm beginning to eye off the first week of October.

Watched it again tonight, because orgasms...

Excellent game plan to take advantage of our players qualities, while minimising theirs, which required an attitude and enthusiasm I thought were gone this season.
Spreading the ball and moving it away from Storm's middle ruck was where we won the game, taking advantage of our speed and halves running game, while maintaining great line speed and fantastic kick chase to limit the Storm's kick return strength.
I thought running the ball on the 5th when close enough to the line was smart as well, as it is our halves strength, mitigated our poor 5th tackle kicking ability, and at the same time, effectively achieved the desired result of making the Storm work hard out of their end when we didn't breach their line.

Interestingly, this is our first win of the season while losing the forwards battle (in terms of meters gained).

Despite what Bellyache and Cam said, the Storm definitely came to play, but got rattled by our game plan and some of the best defense we've seen this season. Loved how Milf got under Cam's skin with that cheeky PTB. Better yet, we won against a Storm team who still managed to throw a lot at us and had Klein helping as much as he could.

I can live with the double movement from Harris, as the ball barely brushed the turf, but there were some other ridiculous ref decisions (all from Klein, like the touch in goal opposites), and non decisions (Milford's triple man handling, Cronk ostensibly pushing the guy playing the ball into the dummy half, Koroibete's deliberate professional foul, etc...), that reek of more than just ineptitude.

P.S. Was also pretty awesome to be on the right end of the lucky bounces for once!

I'm starting to think Broncos should have lost.

I have a dentist appointment next week.

He is a Storm fan.

Jennings wasn't even a passive offside ... he chased the ball,

they have a passive offside rule in soccer and it works quite well imo.

Oh absolutely, under every possible interpretation of the offside rule, Jennings should have been done. He shouldn't have been there, and if he wasn't it's a vastly different result. But anyway, almost starting to get used to the shitty calls, sad as that is.

I'm still on a high from that game Friday night. Wow wow wow. Don't want to think about another GF but it's hard to not let my mind creep there....

Would rather just use Arrow there, far more beneficial long-term to get him straight into lock.

If he even offers us 60% of what Jake Trbojevic has for Manly, we're golden.

Last edited:
This late season form surge poses some interesting questions about our recruitment for next year. Is Opacic our centre long term or do we buy a big name and push Opacic back to being depth?
If Kodi goes to the Storm do we bother buying another utility for the bench? We are going pretty well without one at the moment.
Do we shuffle Maguire or Blair or Glenn to lock or do we bank on Arrow? Or do we buy someone? Is there even anyone suitable available?
Interesting times ahead and I guess as always the decisions will come down to money and Waynes opinion of the host of young guys we have coming through.

I like our core group right now, I think all we need to do in the off-season is re-sign Gillett and sign 1 experienced prop and 1-2 fringe outside backs, for depth and healthy competition. I like Macca playing 80, don't think we need a utility. This would be my 17 heading into next year at THIS stage. (Things change bro)

1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. Pangai Jr
15. Ofahengaue / Ese'ese
16. <Insert experienced prop signing>
17. Glenn / Su'A

That's the way I would probably go as well. Keeps a little money in the cap as well I would think. We will need it with quite a few players off contract at the end of next year.

I saw somewhere we could be signing J. Nikorima back from Sydney - could be good back up in case Macca goes down (don't want to go through that ordeal again) but yeah, i think keep the team relatively intact - obv corza will be a big blow but what can ya do. I agree, signing a bruising forward would be the main priority.

Jayden will be even less suited to hooker than Kodi. I wouldn't consider Hunt to hooker either.

Best win of the season for the Broncos. Great team effort, Thaiday was huge.

Hope we see more of the ball movement and enterprising play in the games to come.

Going into the finals as genuine contenders. [emoji4]

Active Now

• Dash
  • Financeguy
  • Rambstien
  • Maroon4life
  • MrTickyMcG
  • mitch222
  • broncsgoat
  • kman
  • Fatboy
  • Dazza 92
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncomax
  • Sproj
  • mrslong
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Matheos
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Santa
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.