PRE-GAME Round 26 - Cowboys vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched a replay of the 2015 grand final this morning to get hyped. Good times, good times

**** the Cowboys, but they've been showing a lot more heart than us. Make us look like NSW in comparrison.

Little brother syndromes kicking in again.... you'd think 3 wooden spoons and the 23rd ranked win percentage of nrl teams would teach teams fans some humility. Appears not

SaltShaker.jpg

You're right... I am salty... but I'm not salty enough to go on to the cowboys fan forum and start boasting about something from 2 years ago (eg: 15 years of embarrassment level salty)

You're right... I am salty... but I'm not salty enough to go on to the cowboys fan forum and start boasting about something from 2 years ago (eg: 15 years of embarrassment level salty)

Haha that is hardly boasting. It was a light hearted jab about the rivalry and you have overreacted. And just to answer the history of my club. It would have made that premiership even more satisfying if I was old enough to have gone through those tough times of the formative years and early 2000s but fortunate or not whatever you want to call it I was crawling around on the carpet drooling and shitting my pants so trying to sledge me on the winning percentage as a whole is not really going to affect me. All I know is that we haven't missed the finals since 2010 and hopefully this thursday we get to win again in Townsville against your mob to keep that streak going.

Thanks for the input though. And just for that here is a proper boast for ya. Cheers big ears
North-Queensland-Cowboys-celebrate-winning-the-2015-NRL-Grand-Final.jpg

Haha that is hardly boasting. It was a light hearted jab about the rivalry and you have overreacted. And just to answer the history of my club. It would have made that premiership even more satisfying if I was old enough to have gone through those tough times of the formative years and early 2000s but fortunate or not whatever you want to call it I was crawling around on the carpet drooling and shitting my pants so trying to sledge me on the winning percentage as a whole is not really going to affect me. All I know is that we haven't missed the finals since 2010 and hopefully this thursday we get to win again in Townsville against your mob to keep that streak going.

Thanks for the input though. And just for that here is a proper boast for ya. Cheers big ears
You sir, should be drawn and quartered !

Haha I take it as a joke don't stress... and I'm sure you're a nice fella and I like having other fans on this forum... but the moment I go on to another teams fan forum for some "light hearted jabs" is the moment I re-evaluate my life priorities...

Gotta keep the faith fellas!

Still hoping the Titans can pluck the Roosters and gift us 2nd. In return we'll accept a certain half wanting to be offloaded back to us (if the rumours are anything to go by):wink:

Haha I take it as a joke don't stress... and I'm sure you're a nice fella and I like having other fans on this forum... but the moment I go on to another teams fan forum for some "light hearted jabs" is the moment I re-evaluate my life priorities...

Except I didn't come here solely to put shit on other peoples sides or take "light hearted jabs". I joined here to talk footy. So wrong again

I really like the balance the team has this week, Thaiday and blair up front and the young forwards on the bench just looks really solid. Having benji there also makes me feel alot more comfortable knowing he can cover any backline injury but also just having that experience there that can come on If someone is having a bad game.

I feel like if benji was on the bench last week it would have been ideal to bring him on towards the back end of that first half just to try and steady the ship and calm things down. I know it wouldn't have made much of a difference but having his leadership and experience makes me feel comfortable.

I really like the balance the team has this week, Thaiday and blair up front and the young forwards on the bench just looks really solid. Having benji there also makes me feel alot more comfortable knowing he can cover any backline injury but also just having that experience there that can come on If someone is having a bad game.

I feel like if benji was on the bench last week it would have been ideal to bring him on towards the back end of that first half just to try and steady the ship and calm things down. I know it wouldn't have made much of a difference but having his leadership and experience makes me feel comfortable.
Happy Kahu, and TPJ are back too .

Wayne Bennett challenges Broncos to prove they have the hunger to win the premiership
128aeb68f917c5a057e5bd73817d2aea

WAYNE Bennett has challenged Brisbane’s stars to prove they have the hunger to win the premiership as the Broncos fight to resurrect their teetering campaign against the Cowboys tonight.
The Broncos enter the Queensland derby blockbuster in Townsville under pressure to prove their title bona fides after conceding 52 points in last week’s defensive debacle against the Eels.
Bennett dismissed concerns the Broncos are faltering at the worst possible time but admits his squad has room for improvement and must go to another level to break the club’s 11-year title drought.
The Broncos coach lauded his troops’ efforts in qualifying for the top four but says the job isn’t done yet as Brisbane brace for the month that will make-or-break their premiership dream.
67f40ee09cace678190e741d87f47f5e

Brisbane are reeling following their heavy loss to Parramatta.
Bennett has a longstanding mantra about his players “paying the price” and it was that philosophy which underpinned Brisbane’s most recent premiership victory in their defeat of Melbourne in the 2006 grand final.
Asked if his class of 2017 were again ready to pay the price, Bennett was unequivocal.
“We’re going to find out,” he said ahead of Thursday’s encounter with their 2015 grand final nemesis.
“The guys paid a price to get here — but there is another month to go after this.
“We’ll answer that question a lot better in the next month.
“We’re as good as anybody else. A lot of teams won’t be playing next week (in the finals).
“A lot of our critics didn’t think we were going to make the top eight, so who knows what we can do from here?”
MEMORIES: Benji is back to haunt the Cowboys
ATTACK: Taumalolo ready to take on the world

Bennett hit out at suggestions the Broncos were feeling the heat after former Brisbane hitman Peter Ryan arrived at training this week to help the squad with some defensive techniques.
Before the Eels clash, Bennett admitted his singular fear was his team not turning up when it mattered.
But Bennett insists the presence of Ryan at Red Hill should not be viewed as a sign Brisbane are losing faith in their structures.
“There is still a lot of upside in this team,” he said.
“I just want to move on from it (the Eels loss). If we were doing it all season, it would be a different matter, but we haven’t been doing it all season ... 21 (good defensive efforts) out of 23 games isn’t too bad.
e6579203fa89b66497da8b3b25fe72a8

Can Bennett work his magic again.
“To be honest, Peter Ryan was talking about coming for the last couple of weeks. You guys (the media) had a ball with it, but that’s OK, it took a lot of issues away, which was good.
“He worked here as a defensive coach and he is good at what he does. But we have good structures here and we’re not behind in those areas — we just had a bad day.
LISTEN! With finals spots on the line this is one of the biggest rounds of the year. Paul Suttor, Michael Carayannis and Matt Logue have all the news as the NRL finals loom.
Subscribe to the League Central podcast on iTunes
“I can’t ask any more of the guys, but there will be another competition starting next week.”
Broncos veteran Benji Marshall said Brisbane players are determined to hit back after their Eels reality check.
“I really enjoyed having Peter Ryan here,” he said.
“He mainly spoke about technique and mindset stuff. That’s what it is. The Parramatta game ... our mindset was in a different place and we were expecting it to be easier than it was going to be. But we will turn it around this week.”
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...p/news-story/99dd20ef749912186730ba12298b9a2f

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Jedhead
  • Dash
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Ondi
  • broncos4life
  • Lurker
  • Pablo
  • Gaz
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.